Any old-school forum members around?

This is likely a long shot. Just wondering if any old-time Xbox forum members decided to stop by here. Considering the official Xbox forums have gotten an unfortunate revamp and we no longer have our Halo 1 or 2 forums, this is it. I’ve been part of the Xbox forums since 2003 and had some awesome times in the past. I’ve moved on mostly, but still love hearing about anything Halo.

Pre-2005 forums were so awesome…

I’m sure I posted in there, but I wasn’t a regular by any means. Guess it’s all nuked to oblivion either way… :\

I got an xbox and halo for christmas the year it was launched :smiley:
So you could call me a veteran.

I miss halo 2 matchmaking

> I got an xbox and halo for christmas the year it was launched :smiley:
> So you could call me a veteran.
>
> I miss halo 2 matchmaking

I miss how rank wasn’t the biggest issue nor was the kill count. just epic game game time on the classic with you lovable DUKE

I wish I participated on halo 2 matchmaking it sounds like a wonderful place

Sadly, no. It’s unfortunate I didn’t discover this until '07.

I didn’t start using the forums until 2008 but I’ve been on the Xbox since 2004; Halo 2 being my first ever multiplayer game and second xbox game I played. The Lord of Rings: The Third Age was the first I played.

> I wish I participated on halo 2 matchmaking it sounds like a wonderful place

Agreed, I missed out deerly :frowning:

Is there anything we can do to advertise Halo 2 matchmaking to the point were 343 will look at this thread and re-open Halo 2 matchmaking?
My dear Halo fans, come together so we can remember the past and relive it. Let’s start a movement to reopen Halo 2 matchmaking, it could even be for a day, I just want them to open it up again for those who missed out.
I believe we can relive an incredible moment in Halo History…
Follow this thread so we can create a petition for the reopening of Halo 2 multiplayer.

> Is there anything we can do to advertise Halo 2 matchmaking to the point were 343 will look at this thread and re-open Halo 2 matchmaking?
> My dear Halo fans, come together so we can remember the past and relive it. Let’s start a movement to reopen Halo 2 matchmaking, it could even be for a day, I just want them to open it up again for those who missed out.
> I believe we can relive an incredible moment in Halo History…
> Follow this thread so we can create a petition for the reopening of Halo 2 multiplayer.

The issue is:

All the old xbox live servers are gone. They can’t take it back, and they cant rebuild it on the new xbox live, it is far too massive a project for them to undergo.

And all the true Halo fans are gone. They saw how awful Reach was and left.

Besides, petitioning is forbidden on these forums.

> I miss how rank wasn’t the biggest issue nor was the kill count. just epic game game time on the classic with you lovable DUKE

Without a doubt.

Yes, I used to post actively on there between 03/05 on the Counter strike and halo 2 forum.

> > Is there anything we can do to advertise Halo 2 matchmaking to the point were 343 will look at this thread and re-open Halo 2 matchmaking?
> > My dear Halo fans, come together so we can remember the past and relive it. Let’s start a movement to reopen Halo 2 matchmaking, it could even be for a day, I just want them to open it up again for those who missed out.
> > I believe we can relive an incredible moment in Halo History…
> > Follow this thread so we can create a petition for the reopening of Halo 2 multiplayer.
>
> The issue is:
>
> All the old xbox live servers are gone. They can’t take it back, and they cant rebuild it on the new xbox live, it is far too massive a project for them to undergo.
>
> And all the true Halo fans are gone. They saw how awful Reach was and left.
>
> Besides, petitioning is forbidden on these forums.
>
>
>
> > I miss how rank wasn’t the biggest issue nor was the kill count. just epic game game time on the classic with you lovable DUKE
>
> Without a doubt.

I agree… It looks to me like these foreign 343 producers don’t care enough about what was great.
I guess Halo 2 will always be remembered as that game that never made it to Xbox 360…
:frowning:

Xbox.com forum veteran here. I’ve just been on less and less since the revamp. And I mean this newest, piece of Unggoy crap that we’re supposed to call a forum that happened like last year, I think. I couldn’t stand it. And I’m an Ambassador too. So I only make brief appearances over there now, sadly.

First of all, why did this thread become so derailed to where it became a “I miss Halo 2 Matchmaking :/” thread? This discussion has absolutely nothing to do with Halo: Combat Evolved.

Second, Halo 2 Matchmaking not being about rank? Good lord… Back in the day the Halo 2 forum on Bungie.net was 10x worse than Bungie’s Halo 3 forum in this regard. Hacking was absolutely rampant along with booster/derankers. It was an absolute nightmare. People cared about rank even more than on Halo 3. Reach players couldn’t care less about rank, though. Looks like either you guys never really were around or you can only remember the good times.

I have been a forum member for quite a while. Although that dates back when I was young and stupid, therefore do not expect that I remember or want to prove who I was and what I used to do back then. (Somehow never getting banned!)

All I can say is that I am happy I am a mature guy right now and I can do many different things within the community than ever before. I feel that Bungie and most Microsoft Games developers as a community - my second home.

Ironically I am dying hard to buy a macintosh. Anyway, I have nostalgia of the old times and 10 years later, I can say that I am happy to see others from the old skool.

Been playing Halo since 2002, I didn’t frequent the old Halo forums often but the old HCE+H2 communities were something special. Everyone loved the game (The first one at least lol) and people made a effort to play with each other and be friendly. Getting off school to go LAN HCE with your friends on split screen/system link, Grenade jumping and learning all the nade spots on Damnation, grenading power-ups and weapons to yourself from above you, epic TSK pistol battles, plasma rifle and PP stunning, 1-shotting Hunters with the pistol, epic Bloodgulch CTF battles with plenty of vehicle carnage, figuring out all the glitches and exploring campaign levels on Co-op, non-stop H2 custom games where anyone could join, clan matches and unlimited post-game lobby time so you could get to know your teammates and enemies or just trashtalk as long as you liked lol, All the community made videos of warthog catapulting and superbounces, The ever elusive “Golden Warthog” glitch that I have yet to confirm real or fake lol, not worrying about faulty game mechanics or gimmicks and simply enjoying those masterpieces of video games. Yeah, I really miss the old days when Halo was Halo, and the community was robust and alive. Everyone wanted to dash home from school/work to get on Halo as you knew at exactly 3:40(or 2:40 depending on when your school got out) your friends would be getting online to join you =)

> > > Is there anything we can do to advertise Halo 2 matchmaking to the point were 343 will look at this thread and re-open Halo 2 matchmaking?
> > > My dear Halo fans, come together so we can remember the past and relive it. Let’s start a movement to reopen Halo 2 matchmaking, it could even be for a day, I just want them to open it up again for those who missed out.
> > > I believe we can relive an incredible moment in Halo History…
> > > Follow this thread so we can create a petition for the reopening of Halo 2 multiplayer.
> >
> > The issue is:
> >
> > All the old xbox live servers are gone. They can’t take it back, and they cant rebuild it on the new xbox live, it is far too massive a project for them to undergo.
> >
> > And all the true Halo fans are gone. They saw how awful Reach was and left.
> >
> > Besides, petitioning is forbidden on these forums.
> >
> >
> >
> > > I miss how rank wasn’t the biggest issue nor was the kill count. just epic game game time on the classic with you lovable DUKE
> >
> > Without a doubt.
>
> I agree… It looks to me like these foreign 343 producers don’t care enough about what was great.
> I guess Halo 2 will always be remembered as that game that never made it to Xbox 360…
> :frowning:

I feel like Halo 2 will be remade for its 10th anniversary right before the next Xbox comes out.

> Been playing Halo since 2002, I didn’t frequent the old Halo forums often but the old HCE+H2 communities were something special. Everyone loved the game (The first one at least lol) and people made a effort to play with each other and be friendly. Getting off school to go LAN HCE with your friends on split screen/system link, Grenade jumping and learning all the nade spots on Damnation, grenading power-ups and weapons to yourself from above you, epic TSK pistol battles, plasma rifle and PP stunning, 1-shotting Hunters with the pistol, epic Bloodgulch CTF battles with plenty of vehicle carnage, figuring out all the glitches and exploring campaign levels on Co-op, non-stop H2 custom games where anyone could join, clan matches and unlimited post-game lobby time so you could get to know your teammates and enemies or just trashtalk as long as you liked lol, All the community made videos of warthog catapulting and superbounces, The ever elusive “Golden Warthog” glitch that I have yet to confirm real or fake lol, not worrying about faulty game mechanics or gimmicks and simply enjoying those masterpieces of video games. Yeah, I really miss the old days when Halo was Halo, and the community was robust and alive. Everyone wanted to dash home from school/work to get on Halo as you knew at exactly 3:40(or 2:40 depending on when your school got out) your friends would be getting online to join you =)

This just took me waaaay back, seriously, thank you.

> > Is there anything we can do to advertise Halo 2 matchmaking to the point were 343 will look at this thread and re-open Halo 2 matchmaking?
> > My dear Halo fans, come together so we can remember the past and relive it. Let’s start a movement to reopen Halo 2 matchmaking, it could even be for a day, I just want them to open it up again for those who missed out.
> > I believe we can relive an incredible moment in Halo History…
> > Follow this thread so we can create a petition for the reopening of Halo 2 multiplayer.
>
> The issue is:
>
> All the old xbox live servers are gone. They can’t take it back, and they cant rebuild it on the new xbox live, it is far too massive a project for them to undergo.
>
> And all the true Halo fans are gone. They saw how awful Reach was and left.
>
> Besides, petitioning is forbidden on these forums.
>
>
>
> > I miss how rank wasn’t the biggest issue nor was the kill count. just epic game game time on the classic with you lovable DUKE
>
> Without a doubt.

Well, I Evolved Combat, Saved Earth, Prepared To Drop, Finished the Fight, and even Remembered Reach. And I ain’t leaving now!