Any official news on ranking systems?

I’m sorry if i missed it, but I really need to know soon since it’s getting harder to preorder the game.

Halo is one of my favorite games of all time, and I have never once finished a campaign. I have no idea about any of the lore, and I could not care less about the different single player features.(my brother can explain why my profile has certain achievements, completion percentage).

I’m sure there are lots of people who think the same way that I do.

I need to know about the ranking system to know whether or not I’m even getting this game. It’s not fair that such a massive portion of the game, and a huge reason why a lot of people play it is being kept in the dark.

Any information would be helpful.

Sorry, the only information we have on the ranking system is that there is one.

I’m eagerly awaiting any information I can get about it.

Just preorder. Its not gonna kill you if the ranking system isn’t exactly what you want.

Progressive Rank is in, still unsure on 1-50 style Ranking system.

> Just preorder. Its not gonna kill you if the ranking system isn’t exactly what you want.
>
> Progressive Rank is in, still unsure on 1-50 style Ranking system.

you’re right, it won’t kill me. However, if they come out tomorrow and say “Hey, you’re going to get progressive ranks that can’t be taken away or lost, but there is no arena or 1-50”, i literally will pretend Halo 4 never existed, and not buy it.

I’d really like to know if i should save my time/money

So your solely going to buy the game based upon it’s ranking system alone?

> So your solely going to buy the game based upon it’s ranking system alone?

For him yes. You trying to insinuate a cheap shot insult? I hope not.

> So your solely going to buy the game based upon it’s ranking system alone?

yes…

I know myself. My attention won’t hold long enough in multiplayer without a good ranking system.

Since I have never played campaign, I don’t see a reason to buy without one

> > Just preorder. Its not gonna kill you if the ranking system isn’t exactly what you want.
> >
> > Progressive Rank is in, still unsure on 1-50 style Ranking system.
>
> you’re right, it won’t kill me. However, if they come out tomorrow and say “Hey, you’re going to get progressive ranks that can’t be taken away or lost, but there is no arena or 1-50”, i literally will pretend Halo 4 never existed, and not buy it.
>
> I’d really like to know if i should save my time/money

So you want “take away or lose your rank?” Sounds like Boost/ Deranking, I wonder why they ever got rid of the 1-50… -_-

> > So your solely going to buy the game based upon it’s ranking system alone?
>
> yes…
>
> I know myself. My attention won’t hold long enough in multiplayer without a good ranking system.
>
> Since I have never played campaign, I don’t see a reason to buy without one

x) I hope its works out for you.

> Sorry, the only information we have on the ranking system is that there is one.
>
> I’m eagerly awaiting any information I can get about it.

From what I’ve heard, there’s a progression system like Reach, alongside a Trueskill rank (which will probably not be visible).

> > > Just preorder. Its not gonna kill you if the ranking system isn’t exactly what you want.
> > >
> > > Progressive Rank is in, still unsure on 1-50 style Ranking system.
> >
> > you’re right, it won’t kill me. However, if they come out tomorrow and say “Hey, you’re going to get progressive ranks that can’t be taken away or lost, but there is no arena or 1-50”, i literally will pretend Halo 4 never existed, and not buy it.
> >
> > I’d really like to know if i should save my time/money
>
> So you want “take away or lose your rank?” Sounds like Boost/ Deranking, I wonder why they ever got rid of the 1-50… -_-

LOL what? I want to be held accountable for playing poorly, and be rewarded for playing well. How did you get boosting from what I said?

> > Sorry, the only information we have on the ranking system is that there is one.
> >
> > I’m eagerly awaiting any information I can get about it.
>
> From what I’ve heard, there’s a progression system like Reach, alongside a Trueskill rank (which will probably not be visible).

If this is the case, I won’t be buying.

I thought at least Reach’s arena would be making a return…even though it wasn’t ideal.

so sad right now

It’s just like Reach’s ranking system except we get SR1-SR50 (SR130 if you count the specializations), instead of Recruit-Inheritor.
Leveling is xp based, but you earn xp like Reach’s cRs.
Their is no skill-based 1-50.

> > Sorry, the only information we have on the ranking system is that there is one.
> >
> > I’m eagerly awaiting any information I can get about it.
>
> From what I’ve heard, there’s a progression system like Reach, alongside a Trueskill rank (which will probably not be visible).

Yes, and that is all we know. No other details have been revealed.

> > > Sorry, the only information we have on the ranking system is that there is one.
> > >
> > > I’m eagerly awaiting any information I can get about it.
> >
> > From what I’ve heard, there’s a progression system like Reach, alongside a Trueskill rank (which will probably not be visible).
>
> If this is the case, I won’t be buying.
>
> I thought at least Reach’s arena would be making a return…even though it wasn’t ideal.
>
> so sad right now

You won’t buy a game just because you don’t like the multiplayer ranking system?
?

> > > > Sorry, the only information we have on the ranking system is that there is one.
> > > >
> > > > I’m eagerly awaiting any information I can get about it.
> > >
> > > From what I’ve heard, there’s a progression system like Reach, alongside a Trueskill rank (which will probably not be visible).
> >
> > If this is the case, I won’t be buying.
> >
> > I thought at least Reach’s arena would be making a return…even though it wasn’t ideal.
> >
> > so sad right now
>
> You won’t buy a game just because you don’t like the multiplayer ranking system?
> ?

No, I won’t buy a game because there is no ranking system. I know how long I’ve been playing a game, I don’t need a numerical representation of it.

“Congratulations, you’re an inheritor” might as well read:

“Congratulations, you’ve been playing X hours Y minutes…”

> LOL what? I want to be held accountable for playing poorly, and be rewarded for playing well. How did you get boosting from what I said?

> you’re right, it won’t kill me. However, if they come out tomorrow and say “Hey, you’re going to get progressive ranks <mark>that can’t be taken away or lost,</mark> but there is no arena or 1-50”, i literally will pretend Halo 4 never existed, and not buy it.

Sounds like intention to abuse the Rank system.

Anyhow, we’re still awaiting info on any other form of Ranked Playlists or Visible Skill based rank.

I’m hoping we get some news on it soon. I’m especially hoping it isn’t this ‘visible to only you’ ranking system that was mentioned a few months ago.

> You won’t buy a game just because you don’t like the multiplayer ranking system??

It’s understandable; different people enjoy Halo in different ways.

The ranking system can make a drastic effect on how much some players enjoy the game and even more so on how long they’ll keep playing the game for. One of the things that made H3 last as long as it did was the ranking system.

I dunno if Halo 4 is the FPS for you. If you ignore the story to play MM only, your only experiencing a small chunk of the massive entity that is Halo.

Oh well, OP. You will be missing out!

See ya later, man! :smiley: