Any news on the 2 new weapon skins?new visors

Dmr Concrete
Br Blast
Is there any new information on them or is there a way to unlock them?

Also is it possible to have new visors added, or is it to hard for 343 to apply the visor color for each helmet?

Still no new news on the skins. As for the visors, I think at this point in the game’s life span they wouldn’t be able to add it. Although they said that about new armors, and we were proven wrong.

S-3 has gotten some glyphs from the Champions bundle maps via data inside them rather than on map and such… but for all we know that could just be XP or even nothing at all… so at this point we can only hope they get somewhere…

I hope we find out how to unlock those skins soon, I really want to get my hands on the BR Blast skin!

As for visor colours, it should be relatively simple to add in, now that we know that new armours are possible. After all, a visor colour is nowhere as near as complex as a whole set of armour, since it’s simply a few shaders that need to be modified and added in. Of course, there’s also the question of it being worth the trouble to implement. Does it make that much of a difference at this point? Not really, unfortunately.

2 new weapon skins!? I didn’t hear of this!! Source please, I want to read this :smiley:

> 2 new weapon skins!? I didn’t hear of this!! Source please, I want to read this :smiley:

Info on discovery of new Battle Rifle BLAST and DMR CONCRETE weapon skins.

Just a thought here guys:

These two were revealed by modders so this might technically constitute ‘leaked content’ which it’s against the forum rules to discuss so you might want to let this topic die.

I expect 343i will officially reveal these and how to get them at some point in the future, (my guess is it’s linked to either Section 3 codes related to the Champions Bundle maps, future Spartan Assault DLC or they may even be exclusives with the Game of the Year Edition).

> Just a thought here guys:
>
> These two were revealed by modders so this might technically constitute ‘leaked content’ which it’s against the forum rules to discuss so you might want to let this topic die.
>
> I expect 343i will officially reveal these and how to get them at some point in the future, (my guess is it’s linked to either Section 3 codes related to the Champions Bundle maps, future Spartan Assault DLC or they may even be exclusives with the Game of the Year Edition).

They weren’t revealed by modders, actually. These skins were discovered through an in-game glitch, so it isn’t considered to be leaked content.

> > Just a thought here guys:
> >
> > These two were revealed by modders so this might technically constitute ‘leaked content’ which it’s against the forum rules to discuss so you might want to let this topic die.
> >
> > I expect 343i will officially reveal these and how to get them at some point in the future, (my guess is it’s linked to either Section 3 codes related to the Champions Bundle maps, future Spartan Assault DLC or they may even be exclusives with the Game of the Year Edition).
>
> They weren’t revealed by modders, actually. These skins were discovered through an in-game glitch, so it isn’t considered to be leaked content.

But the two people who posted the topic explaining the glitch have been Discharged (permanently banned from the forum) and their posts redacted.

I’m just trying to warn people, that’s all.

> I hope we find out how to unlock those skins soon, I really want to get my hands on the BR Blast skin!
>
> As for visor colours, it should be relatively simple to add in, now that we know that new armours are possible. After all, a visor colour is nowhere as near as complex as a whole set of armour, since it’s simply a few shaders that need to be modified and added in. Of course, there’s also the question of it being worth the trouble to implement. Does it make that much of a difference at this point? Not really, unfortunately.

I beg to differ. With an armor set you create a seperate armor. With a visor it has to be compitable with every helmet in the game.

> > I hope we find out how to unlock those skins soon, I really want to get my hands on the BR Blast skin!
> >
> > As for visor colours, it should be relatively simple to add in, now that we know that new armours are possible. After all, a visor colour is nowhere as near as complex as a whole set of armour, since it’s simply a few shaders that need to be modified and added in. Of course, there’s also the question of it being worth the trouble to implement. Does it make that much of a difference at this point? Not really, unfortunately.
>
> I beg to differ. With an armor set you create a seperate armor. With a visor it has to be compitable with every helmet in the game.

I don’t think visor colours work the way you think they do. Keep in mind that a visor colour is merely a shader though, not a complex model that needs to be adjusted for each and every helmet. Think of every visor variant as being a different colour for your armour. Is it really difficult to modify the shade of your Spartan? Not at all. Through gametype modifications, you can easily force your Spartan to have any colour you want, as seen on St Patrick’s Day. You don’t need to go and make every colour compatible for every armour, it’s just a layer that changes for each and every predefined area.

If Halo 4’s engine is at all similar to past games’ in the series, which it is, having been built off of them, the visor colours work the same way. Each visor has a predefined area where the colour is supposed to go. When you chose, say, the Recruit visor, the game says “take the shader for Recruit visor, and use it on the predefined area”. And then bam! Your helmet is now blue. Swtich to the Legendary visor, and the game goes and says to use the Legendary shader on that area instead. It really isn’t as complicated as you make it out to be, and adding in new visor colours would be simple enough.

To prove my point, let me direct you towards the Specializations when they were first announced. As we know, each Specialization comes with a different visor colour. However, these visor colours that are included with the Specializations have changed between their initial announcement and the game’s release. For example, Wetowkr was supposed to come with a gold and blue visor rather than the red and blue that we have now, and Pathfinder was meant to have green and gold. Neither of these visor colours exist anymore. If it really was so difficult to change visor colours, why would they go through all the effort and scrap 8 variants just months before the game’s release? No, they can easily go and change these things at their own will, the only problem would be to add them to everybody’s game, a problem which we know has been rectified due to seeing the new armours in the Champion’s Bundle.

so new visors are possible and easy to make?
we should ask 343 for a few new ones then

I doubt they’ll be exclusive content for the GOTY edition, but I’ll be really angry if that turns out to be the case.

> Still no new news on the skins. As for the visors, I think at this point in the game’s life span they wouldn’t be able to add it. Although they said that about new armors, and we were proven wrong.

Why would visors be difficult to add if they can add entire armor sets including legs and forearms? Either way, do we really need any new visors?