Any news on first 2017 update?

When the preview came out for 2017 helmets I maybe over-eagerly assumed that the next update was gonna be released some point early-mid January, but as of now we haven’t heard anything. Anyone have any news or updates about the release date?

> 2535414156422927;1:
> When the preview came out for 2017 helmets I maybe over-eagerly assumed that the next update was gonna be released some point early-mid January, but as of now we haven’t heard anything. Anyone have any news or updates about the release date?

They usually start saying things like “we’ll have a sneak peak at the next update some time soon” or something similarly vague at the end of a community update around a month or so before they reveal one. At least that’s been the case for the last 2 updates. Considering they haven’t so much as hinted at it yet, I get the feeling it will be March at the earliest. That would fit in with the releases of the last couple of updates too.

Hopefully they give us some more info about the helmets in the upcoming community update.

The last update was pretty large and right before the holidays. With Halo Wars 2 dropping next month I don’t imagine seeing a content update dropping before then, likely a couple weeks after once things settle. Give the teams time to work or things that need fixing since MB released :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;4:
> The last update was pretty large and right before the holidays. With Halo Wars 2 dropping next month I don’t imagine seeing a content update dropping before then, likely a couple weeks after once things settle. Give the teams time to work or things that need fixing since MB released :slight_smile:

I agree. Not to say that the H5 sustain folks won’t be tweaking the Warzone team sizes and other playlists, but I think everything will be focused on the HW2 Blitz beta then the full game release.

> 2533274813317074;4:
> The last update was pretty large and right before the holidays. With Halo Wars 2 dropping next month I don’t imagine seeing a content update dropping before then, likely a couple weeks after once things settle. Give the teams time to work or things that need fixing since MB released :slight_smile:

This, in addition the beta and halo championship this weekend. Halo 5 will have to take a seat for a few weeks and understandably so. Halo wars 2 needs to be a success.

If the next CU is not Halo Wars 2 related we RIOT

BREAKING NEWS: It will contain overhyped/unnecessary cosmetic items!

> 2533274873580796;8:
> BREAKING NEWS: It will contain overhyped/unnecessary cosmetic items!

Overhyped maybe, unnecessary! How dare you sir!

> 2533274821886199;9:
> > 2533274873580796;8:
> > BREAKING NEWS: It will contain overhyped/unnecessary cosmetic items!
>
> Overhyped maybe, unnecessary! How dare you sir!

Whether your Spartan is equipped with “Loremaster 2017” armor or not, H5 is still H5 and you’ll have just as good (or bad) of a time in that Slayer match as you would if you were wearing Recruit armor.

Armor has no effect on gameplay or quality of the game itself. There comes a point where there’s too much armor in fact, and H5 has WELL exceeded that point…

> 2533274873580796;10:
> > 2533274821886199;9:
> > > 2533274873580796;8:
> > > BREAKING NEWS: It will contain overhyped/unnecessary cosmetic items!
> >
> > Overhyped maybe, unnecessary! How dare you sir!
>
> Whether your Spartan is equipped with “Loremaster 2017” armor or not, H5 is still H5 and you’ll have just as good (or bad) of a time in that Slayer match as you would if you were wearing Recruit armor.
>
> Armor has no effect on gameplay or quality of the game itself. There comes a point where there’s too much armor in fact, and H5 has WELL exceeded that point…

I was just joking, but that aside,
“Armor has no effect on gameplay” - AGREED
“there is too much armor already” - lot’o’junk, Still - AGREED
“Quality of the game itself” - Slight Disagree, While it is just cosmetic each person has their own personality/Style and giving them more options I think increases the Quality of the game. I know “quality of game” is a pretty broad subject and covers a lot of other areas. but that’s just my 2 cents.

> 2533274821886199;11:
> > 2533274873580796;10:
> > > 2533274821886199;9:
> > > > 2533274873580796;8:
> > > > BREAKING NEWS: It will contain overhyped/unnecessary cosmetic items!
> > >
> > > Overhyped maybe, unnecessary! How dare you sir!
> >
> > Whether your Spartan is equipped with “Loremaster 2017” armor or not, H5 is still H5 and you’ll have just as good (or bad) of a time in that Slayer match as you would if you were wearing Recruit armor.
> >
> > Armor has no effect on gameplay or quality of the game itself. There comes a point where there’s too much armor in fact, and H5 has WELL exceeded that point…
>
> I was just joking, but that aside,
> “Armor has no effect on gameplay” - AGREED
> “there is too much armor already” - lot’o’junk, Still - AGREED
> “Quality of the game itself” - Slight Disagree, While it is just cosmetic each person has their own personality/Style and giving them more options I think increases the Quality of the game. I know “quality of game” is a pretty broad subject and covers a lot of other areas but that’s just my 2 cents.

Right… but a certain quantity of cosmetic items or a customization element does not make or break a game. I mean look at Halo: CE… all you could do was change your color in MP and it’s still one, if not the best game in the series… still… or H2, with minimal customization possibilities… both had great, competitive gameplay that kept people coming back. H3 had only a large handful of armor sets, the game sustained hundreds of thousands of players at a time, for years…

A good game makes a good game… and the more a company devotes more time and money away from the development of crucial design and gameplay elements and content, the more the game can only suffer from it… we likely could’ve had better, more original maps, another map or two, developer BTB maps, if not for WZ modes and maps/REQ content and an overload of cosmetic clutter. And there COULD’VE been more content and variety at launch to satisfy the initial casual player-base.

Only the die-hards are guaranteed to stay with a game, despite its shortcomings… nowadays that’s a relative few.

> 2533274796680285;7:
> If the next CU is not Halo Wars 2 related we RIOT

Yes we could riot, but I “need” information on the 2017 helmets too.

> 2533274824216729;13:
> > 2533274796680285;7:
> > If the next CU is not Halo Wars 2 related we RIOT
>
> Yes we could riot, but I “need” information on the 2017 helmets too.

I think we can realistically hope for both

Can they just tell us the date of the update all ready, ive been waiting all month to hear something about it and still nothing. -___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

> 2533274975610711;15:
> Can they just tell us the date of the update all ready, ive been waiting all month to hear something about it and still nothing. -___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Last update dropped just before the holidays, so they had a few more days of working before everyone finished up. We’re not long into the new year so work will still be getting done to fix bugs and work on new features (if any), there won’t be a date for it right now for the reasons I mentioned above. Look for firmer details of a date post Halo Wars 2, which is really only a few weeks away.

> 2533274813317074;16:
> > 2533274975610711;15:
> > Can they just tell us the date of the update all ready, ive been waiting all month to hear something about it and still nothing. -___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
>
> Last update dropped just before the holidays, so they had a few more days of working before everyone finished up. We’re not long into the new year so work will still be getting done to fix bugs and work on new features (if any), there won’t be a date for it right now for the reasons I mentioned above. Look for firmer details of a date post Halo Wars 2, which is really only a few weeks away.

What ???

> 2533274975610711;17:
> > 2533274813317074;16:
> > > 2533274975610711;15:
> > > Can they just tell us the date of the update all ready, ive been waiting all month to hear something about it and still nothing. -___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
> >
> > Last update dropped just before the holidays, so they had a few more days of working before everyone finished up. We’re not long into the new year so work will still be getting done to fix bugs and work on new features (if any), there won’t be a date for it right now for the reasons I mentioned above. Look for firmer details of a date post Halo Wars 2, which is really only a few weeks away.
>
> What ???

I’m confused, Darksider why did you use blank underlines for? were you expected them to pen something it, Sign here please to clarify when the reqs will be released.

> 2533274972430429;18:
> > 2533274975610711;17:
> > > 2533274813317074;16:
> > > > 2533274975610711;15:
> > > > Can they just tell us the date of the update all ready, ive been waiting all month to hear something about it and still nothing. -___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
> > >
> > > Last update dropped just before the holidays, so they had a few more days of working before everyone finished up. We’re not long into the new year so work will still be getting done to fix bugs and work on new features (if any), there won’t be a date for it right now for the reasons I mentioned above. Look for firmer details of a date post Halo Wars 2, which is really only a few weeks away.
> >
> > What ???
>
> I’m confused, Darksider why did you use blank underlines for? were you expected them to pen something it, Sign here please to clarify when the reqs will be released.

no i was doing the -_- face but with multiple _ but i did it wrong so it looks stupid

> 2533274975610711;19:
> > 2533274972430429;18:
> > > 2533274975610711;17:
> > > > 2533274813317074;16:
> > > > > 2533274975610711;15:
> > > > > Can they just tell us the date of the update all ready, ive been waiting all month to hear something about it and still nothing. -__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
> > > >
> > > > Last update dropped just before the holidays, so they had a few more days of working before everyone finished up. We’re not long into the new year so work will still be getting done to fix bugs and work on new features (if any), there won’t be a date for it right now for the reasons I mentioned above. Look for firmer details of a date post Halo Wars 2, which is really only a few weeks away.
> > >
> > > What ???
> >
> > I’m confused, Darksider why did you use blank underlines for? were you expected them to pen something it, Sign here please to clarify when the reqs will be released.
>
> no i was doing the -
- face but with multiple _ but i did it wrong so it looks stupid

Oh yeah I see it now, I honestly didn’t know what it was for at first LOL