Any news on a lobby update?

I know I’m not the only one that thinks the new lobby is horrible. You can’t inspect players, you can’t mute the freakishly loud/obnoxious people, etc. And then, even if you mute them during the game, as soon as you go back to the lobby, they are unmuted again. There are just so many things I don’t like about the lobby.

And if they didn’t want people looking at their potential enemies’ ranks and backing out, there are ways to do that without making the lobby a creepy stasis chamber from Jabba’s palace.

So my question is: has anyone seen anything from 343 that even suggests that they would be willing to update the lobby with less suck?

When I solo party I just start a party by myself and make it invite only so that way I don’t hear 12 year olds with kinects with their tv’s way too loud I feel like it’s worth that over not being able to hear my team mates or another example people chowing down on chips who never mute their mikes when you don’t party with premade teams that stuff is very likely to happen so instead of me cussing them out I just prefer to avoid gamechat altogether

The lobbies are trash…

I want to see spartans…ranks…SRs…not just emblems…

The lobby should allow you to mute players pre-game. You shouldn’t have to set up an empty party to avoid running into people playing music over their headset.

I support muting players in the lobby but that’s about it. One big advantage of the new lobby though is that people no longer drop out of a game before it even launches when they see that they have been matched against a full team or some people that way out rank them.

> 2533274950604834;5:
> I support muting players in the lobby but that’s about it. One big advantage of the new lobby though is that people no longer drop out of a game before it even launches when they see that they have been matched against a full team or some people that way out rank them.

lol yeah now they just do it in-game.

But Yes, I do support hiding ranks in the pre-game lobby.

I’m okay with hidden ranks/not showing K/D. I just wish they took a more reach direction in terms of lobby design. Maybe keep the emblem block list, but have it scrollable. That way you could hover over a name and their Spartan model in the stance they choose with full emblem would appear on the right hand side of the screen. It would also have a mute option. Maybe for kicks it would show their “favorite” weapon (most used).

They are talking about UI improvements for the update coming at the end of the month. I really hope that includes the lobby. Lol

> 2533274794666453;8:
> They are talking about UI improvements for the update coming at the end of the month. I really hope that includes the lobby. Lol

That would be really nice.

Yeah. Who knows, they may even improve on the lobby while still bringing back the functionality that we all are wanting. I won’t hold my breath but it would be sooooo nice. Lol

I still can’t get over how you can’t see/view player profiles in pre-game lobbies… I used to check every profile back in Halo 3 to see who hadn’t finished campaign and to see each players armour setup. Why no post game medals or proper stat breakdown? why is the warzone UI so slow and laggy? really everything is just a big mess.

I’m anxious to see these new UI updates.

I want the old lobbies back.

I’ll take this new lobby if I can just mute people before the game starts. I don’t want to hear 10 year olds talking smack or someone’s fan constantly blowing on the mic with no way to shut them off.

I just want the game to not freeze for half a second when I bring up the scoreboard

> 2533274803493024;9:
> > 2533274794666453;8:
> > They are talking about UI improvements for the update coming at the end of the month. I really hope that includes the lobby. Lol
>
>
> That would be really nice.

That would be nice. Yeah, the lobby is not great, I want to be able to see people gamer-tag at the very least.

> 2533274869022335;7:
> I’m okay with hidden ranks/not showing K/D. I just wish they took a more reach direction in terms of lobby design. Maybe keep the emblem block list, but have it scrollable. That way you could hover over a name and their Spartan model in the stance they choose with full emblem would appear on the right hand side of the screen. It would also have a mute option. Maybe for kicks it would show their “favorite” weapon (most used).

I’d like this. Also it shows their Spartan company or gives an option to invite them to yours if they don’t have one. Spartan companies are severely underutilized and they need an in game presence.

> 2533274838154555;14:
> I’ll take this new lobby if I can just mute people before the game starts. I don’t want to hear 10 year olds talking smack or someone’s fan constantly blowing on the mic with no way to shut them off.

When I play alone, and before I found out there was no lobby chat, all I do is just start a party and make it invite only. That way I hear no one in the game. At all.

I think knowing what your up against makes you less likely to get play and rather just lobby quit, this method is way better.

> 2533274959028301;19:
> I think knowing what your up against makes you less likely to get play and rather just lobby quit, this method is way better.

Definitely. Not showing ranks was a good idea. Not showing gamertags, Spartan models/stances, and Spartan company was a bad idea. And not having lobby chat makes it so that I have to be in a party just to communicate with my fireteam on what game we wanna play.