🤞 Any New Maps with the February Update

Any New Maps with the February Update :grey_question:

2 Likes

I highly doubt it. It’ll just fix many issues currently ongoing.

1 Like

I sure hope so. They didn’t launch with enough maps, or at least enough unique maps. The maps are getting stale really quick.

3 Likes

i write this at every chance i get, give us LEGACY maps which are battle tested with just a halo infinite SKIN and nothing else at least for now…modders would do that in a week max.

3 Likes

Highly doubtful. 343i are entirely focused on bugs/glitches right now.

I’m certain 343 will have artists and design teams working on new maps constantly. The other issues will be for another team. I’d love some new maps but I have little faith.

That December launch day killed it. I expected a plethora of new maps and modes to be available that day, and nothing.

5 Likes

That’s maybe we all thirsty for. The only way to keep us still in infinite:add new content!!!

I personally think that 343i are putting a ton of resources into Campaign DLC right now, probably releasing it in October along with Infection mode, they would treat this like a soft relaunch basically.

I am no expert in game development, but I would assume that level designers are used for either SP or MP, and that what they are tasked with is what they work on. So yes more MP are definitely going to come, but it’ll be a lot slower than people would like. I would expect 1 map even 3 months at best, and that’s being optimistic.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for that. I’d bet the earliest we get some new maps is at the start of season 2. It’s just the nature of the f2p beast.

1 Like

The process of developing new maps should never be underestimated. The first step in this process is to build the map itself. If the map is from a highly similar game, then it may work to just port over the map files. However, if this isn’t the case, then the map has to be rebuild from the ground up which may not be trivial on its own. In addition to that, the maps do also require an extensive amount of QA testing in order to assure that the map meets the desired quality standards.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if new MP maps and campaign DLC are behind a paywall whenever they arrive.

1 Like

I would assume that they will keep gameplay affecting features for free and this includes maps, gametypes, forge and other essential feature. 343 Industries are definitely aware of the consequences that placing a pay wall behind certain multiplayer maps may entail. The main consequence is that certain maps would only be limited to a small fraction of the playerbase (usually relatively small) which in turn causes the DLC maps to be under utilized.

2 Likes

I think larger ticket items such as maps won’t be released interstitially, so we’ll have to wait for new seasons.

That’s kind of on you for expecting that, when Joseph Staten himself said in an interview that the “Beta” was launching on November 15 with all Day One maps and modes included.

To OP: Highly doubtful. I’d imagine they are going to focus on fixing the much larger issues with desync and BTB, before releasing any new maps. I don’t doubt that there are new maps in development already, but they probably won’t see the light of day until the game is in a much better state.

Doesn’t seem like it. They appear to have no concept of how to run a live service. Which is strange, because they should have learned all these lessons from Halo 5, which was rightly criticized for lacking content and features at launch and taking far too long to receive them.

And that was for a $60 game that only partially embraced the live service model. Now, they’ve fully embraced F2P live service, but they are doing an even worse job than with Halo 5 at running a live service game.

My guess is no new maps until May. The only things they’ve promised for the next month are some BTB fixes and a roadmap. In other words, it’s taking them 3 months from launch to even figure out what meaningless words they can give us about what they hope to be able to do in the future…

5 Likes

Lmao not a chance. 343 is basically underwater with all the crap they have to get done to even keep this game functioning as is. We won’t get new maps until season 2 at the earliest

2 Likes

Lol why would you have ever expected that? They literally told us all on the November MP release that was all we were getting.

We need way less human maps and more forerunner/Banished maps. Most of the maps we have now don’t really feel “Halo” if you get what I mean

2 Likes

I know that’s on me but I guess I’m old now. I play the games and don’t bother to follow their pr campaigns. I had assumed there’d be a full game at launch.

2 Likes

That’s not due till like May.