Any more Arena maps coming?

I noticed that they didn’t mention any in the recent update… hugely disappointing if there aren’t any more in the works.

A good percentage of them aren’t different enough from their counterparts to warrant their consideration as “new maps” IMO… (looking at Overgrowth, Torque…even though it came first before Stasis… Empire… far worse than Eden… Regret is just another Truth, more or less…)

There’s just a lot more room for variety and improvement in the Arena map pool… new gameplay experiences. More ways to expand on high-level movement in this game…

> 2533274873580796;1:
> I noticed that they didn’t mention any in the recent update… hugely disappointing if there aren’t any more in the works.
>
> A good percentage of them aren’t different enough from their counterparts to warrant their consideration as “new maps” IMO… (looking at Overgrowth, Torque…even though it came first before Stasis… Empire… far worse than Eden… Regret is just another Truth, more or less…)
>
> There’s just a lot more room for variety and improvement in the Arena map pool… new gameplay experiences. More ways to expand on high-level movement in this game…

They really seem to be using to forge to compensate for arena maps, which is something I like (to fix pre-existing map variety problems) and hate (sets a precedent for reliance on forge) at the same time. I hope we get some more dev-made arena maps, and that Halo 6 also includes Dev BTB maps too.

I also agree that a frightening number of maps are rehashes around a similar core base structure. While I understand saving resources, I would enjoy a bit more unique variety, like a new heavy snow map or flood map.

Only time will tell

If you look at the Halo 3 map count;
By Halo 3’s 1 year anniversary it had 11 Arena maps. (Halo 3 eventually got another 4 but they would not Launch until 17 and 24 months post launch)
Halo 4 had 10 Arena maps.
Halo 5 has 9 Arena maps plus 6 Arena map remixes.