Any ideas on how to avoid farming

Firstly I’m not expecting 343 to be able to do anything, and please if you’re one of those people that have never ever had a farmed warzone match and you’re planning to argue that I must never get one either then go away. Look at my recent match for proof.

now I’ve tried the whole stealth invisibility thing and it occasionally works. Are there any others? Especially if you’re unfortunate to be stuck on level 1 or 2 reqs the entire match and they’re spawn killing you. Like waiting IN the core to “hit your back as you spawn” killing you.

I understand that sometimes you must simply soldier on the match and wait until it’s over sort of thing and hope that an hour later that the same team isn’t playing anymore. But I need ideas because I’m just sick of not being able to enjoy the game at all nearly most the time now.

i love warzone, but the majority of my games are these type of games.

The way I avoid farming, is by not playing Warzone. I do enjoy assault, but I seldom play the original Warzone.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> The way I avoid farming, is by not playing Warzone. I do enjoy assault, but I seldom play the original Warzone.

That’s the thing, I love it when it’s balanced and gripping to the finish, but my luck lately has been horrendous. Especially when you rack up nearly 50 deaths because your spawning with 3 battle rifles aiming at you.

Warzone Turbo!

I wish I knew man, it’s been getting really bad lately. I’ll sit down to play a few matches and as soon as the match starts, the enemy is already at our cap point and then caps the rest while spawn camping my team at the base. There’s only so much you can do. I lose the majority of my matches it seems with scores like 200-400/1000… it’s really getting old.

I’d play with friends, but I’m the only one who still plays as they all got tired of losing every match as well, and I don’t like teaming up with people I don’t personally know.

Like, I appreciate that 343 put in armor that you have to work for instead of getting it randomly in REQ packs, but the fact that getting it promotes farming and absolutely ruining the gaming experience of others is really hurting this game. Especially when there are still so many problems with this game, like hard crashes, broken mute buttons, cutting out sound during pre-game intros, REQ’s not registering, etc. the last thing I want is other players ruining my experience as well.

> 2533274815946143;1:
> Firstly I’m not expecting 343 to be able to do anything, and please if you’re one of those people that have never ever had a farmed warzone match and you’re planning to argue that I must never get one either then go away. Look at my recent match for proof.
>
> now I’ve tried the whole stealth invisibility thing and it occasionally works. Are there any others? Especially if you’re unfortunate to be stuck on level 1 or 2 reqs the entire match and they’re spawn killing you. Like waiting IN the core to “hit your back as you spawn” killing you.
>
> I understand that sometimes you must simply soldier on the match and wait until it’s over sort of thing and hope that an hour later that the same team isn’t playing anymore. But I need ideas because I’m just sick of not being able to enjoy the game at all nearly most the time now.
>
> i love warzone, but the majority of my games are these type of games.

When you’re in that position there isn’t a lot you can do. You can always summon in a scout hog to avoid them camping the main spawn. I find myself playing to prevent it from being set up in the first place. I anticipate that first attack on the armory. I attempt to trade armories when I know we can’t hold the one we have. The latter doesn’t work particularly well on ARC, but on the other maps it does. Until team matching is brought in it is always going to be an issue.

Im in a game being farmed right now. Made us sit through it for 18 minutes.

The only thing I know to do in that situation is to stick to cover and just try to kill as many as you can while staying alive. The staying alive part is probably more important. Keep in mind that you can sit in the spawn screen for a minute at a time if you prefer to do that over getting killed.

Not to much you can do when your stuck at level two. A shotgun is level 3. I go into every game thinking it is a possible me vs fireteam game. So I try to get as many as ai kills and the boss, as I can to get to 3 as quickly as possible

If you’re trapped in the base: over shield + mongoose or ghost. Get out asap. Try and solo cap. the furthest base from you. Try to take a teammate with.

Otherwise I’ll play the crawling distance game and try to kill bosses.

But normally I can sense it within the first few minutes and just quit while I’m ahead.

343 could put a permanent shield door at the pelican spawn of the home base. Simple as that. If you’re getting farmed, go behind that shield door. Enemy team will have no choice to either 1) kill the core or 2) wait for the points to max out (as a team automatically gets points for a having bases capped).

Only map it couldn’t work for is APEX.

Umm… arena?

> 2535416939607064;12:
> Umm… arena?

I like to play large scale maps with a mix of objective/slayer. Big-team maps are terrible forge versions and everything else is small-scale battles on garbage small maps where you spawn with someone looking at you half the time.

For me, the only thing worth playing in Halo 5 is Warzone, and with farming and massive stomps being as prevalent as they are, it’s getting to be that Halo 5 in general just isn’t worth playing. I really wanted to like this game, and I still really want to like this game… it’s just a lot of the features and developer decisions are preventing me from enjoying it.

> 2535417897791132;11:
> 343 could put a permanent shield door at the pelican spawn of the home base. Simple as that. If you’re getting farmed, go behind that shield door. Enemy team will have no choice to either 1) kill the core or 2) wait for the points to max out (as a team automatically gets points for a having bases capped).
>
> Only map it couldn’t work for is APEX.

Good idea!

> 2614366390845858;10:
> If you’re trapped in the base: over shield + mongoose or ghost. Get out asap. Try and solo cap. the furthest base from you. Try to take a teammate with.
>
> Otherwise I’ll play the crawling distance game and try to kill bosses.
>
> But normally I can sense it within the first few minutes and just quit while I’m ahead.

The games that I tend to get stuck in are where we only have level 1 or 2 reqs sadly

> 2533274809792243;13:
> > 2535416939607064;12:
> > Umm… arena?
>
>
> I like to play large scale maps with a mix of objective/slayer. Big-team maps are terrible forge versions and everything else is small-scale battles on garbage small maps where you spawn with someone looking at you half the time.
>
> For me, the only thing worth playing in Halo 5 is Warzone, and with farming and massive stomps being as prevalent as they are, it’s getting to be that Halo 5 in general just isn’t worth playing. I really wanted to like this game, and I still really want to like this game… it’s just a lot of the features and developer decisions are preventing me from enjoying it.

Part the reason why I’m looking forward to firefight. Wish it was offline and all but there won’t be any bad matches with constant farming.

Move to the suburbs?

I mean prioritize stealth and staying alive.
You not likely to win a “real” farm game.
Or full coordinated team game.
But it’s better than backing out.

Join up with friends or a spartan company

A great way to avoid farming, that I often apply is afk with a rubber band on the left stick and right stick so you walk in a circle.

A joke, but really it seems there are no definitive solutions.

It’s tough, but I have always looked at it as a challenge that makes you a more skilled player having to deal with the onslaught. :slight_smile: