Any idea on the launch date now?

hey guys so as you all know halo infinite has been delayed. But I have been wondering, will it launch early next year or late? I wish 343 or Microsoft gave us even a vague answer like q2 or q4. After 5 years of a content drought I dont want to be left in the dark again for another year.

No one knows for certain but if I had to guess I’d probably say Holiday 2021.

If they’re going to delay a major game like Halo I’d rather than get into the best possible shape before launch. That’d give them enough time.

With 343 also recently hiring Joseph Staten from Bungie to come on board to the game to help out I’d imagine they’d want to make the most out of that resource.

Xbox can’t really afford another Halo 5 situation with Halo Infinite, I’m fine with another year in the oven if it means the game comes out in the best possible form.

343i are doing a decent job at communicating to us so far too, I think transparency is key and they’re doing good at that. As long as they can keep up communication with the community and drip feed us information that’s fine by me. We’ll just have to sit tight for a while.

In the Microsoft Store says that the release date will be in 12/31/2021

> 2533274985070673;3:
> In the Microsoft Store says that the release date will be in 12/31/2021

That sounds to me like a default date within the program. Like either someone or a program picked the furthest possible date in 2021 as a placeholder until they picked the proper date. I say that largely because very few developers would want to release a game after Black Friday in November. Then again, I have no insider knowledge, so it very well could be that date.

> 2535435902217648;4:
> > 2533274985070673;3:
> > In the Microsoft Store says that the release date will be in 12/31/2021
>
> That sounds to me like a default date within the program. Like either someone or a program picked the furthest possible date in 2021 as a placeholder until they picked the proper date. I say that largely because very few developers would want to release a game after Black Friday in November. Then again, I have no insider knowledge, so it very well could be that date.

You’re right. That date is a place holder. No game gets released on New Years eve. I would guess that holiday 2021 is the approximate date, but I have doubts about that too.

My guess would be a full year from now. As in: a year from the original launch so November 2021 probably. Here’s why I think so:
1: Backlash was massive from both fans and press and continued after the first response by 343i in their blog posts. This scared Microsoft enough to step in and be hands on with 343i with a delay that I think might be forced by MS instead of coming from 343i. Meaning MS saw a bigger problem than 343i might’ve at first.

2: Joseph Staten. You don’t bring in a name like that if you’re delaying for 3-4 months. He was brought on board by MS to ‘oversee’ production. Read between the lines that says: ‘to bring Infinite in line with what MS considers it should be’. I’m not buying that he’s only overseeing the final efforts to finalizing the game. Not with the backlash the demo got.

3: I believe Staten is brought on to make more substantial changes to the game. Not a from the ground up redone situation like CE/H2 had, but one where some mechanics might change nonetheless, maybe even story. Given the community’s response to Escharum (right?) I wouldn’t even be surprised if the story undergoes some changes. If changes will in fact be massive, I wouldn’t even be surprised to see Infinite pushed back even further. Or to read a Jason Schreier article on Kotaku chronicling how crunchtime messed up people’s life at 343i.

4: If you look at the above, there is no way Infinite can launch within half a year. Add to that: Sony doesn’t even have any big exclusives coming out so that gives MS some time to work on Infinite because they don’t have to fear losing to Sony exclusives.

Also… November is the 20th anniversary of CE which dropped Nov 15, 2001. With this being a reboot of sort… and a 10 year plan… I think a 20th anniversary release fits.

> 2674012278771805;6:
> My guess would be a full year from now. As in: a year from the original launch so November 2021 probably. Here’s why I think so:
> 1: Backlash was massive from both fans and press and continued after the first response by 343i in their blog posts. This scared Microsoft enough to step in and be hands on with 343i with a delay that I think might be forced by MS instead of coming from 343i. Meaning MS saw a bigger problem than 343i might’ve at first.
>
> 2: Joseph Staten. You don’t bring in a name like that if you’re delaying for 3-4 months. He was brought on board by MS to ‘oversee’ production. Read between the lines that says: ‘to bring Infinite in line with what MS considers it should be’. I’m not buying that he’s only overseeing the final efforts to finalizing the game. Not with the backlash the demo got.
>
> 3: I believe Staten is brought on to make more substantial changes to the game. Not a from the ground up redone situation like CE/H2 had, but one where some mechanics might change nonetheless, maybe even story. Given the community’s response to Escharum (right?) I wouldn’t even be surprised if the story undergoes some changes. If changes will in fact be massive, I wouldn’t even be surprised to see Infinite pushed back even further. Or to read a Jason Schreier article on Kotaku chronicling how crunchtime messed up people’s life at 343i.
>
> 4: If you look at the above, there is no way Infinite can launch within half a year. Add to that: Sony doesn’t even have any big exclusives coming out so that gives MS some time to work on Infinite because they don’t have to fear losing to Sony exclusives.

I fully believe this as well. November 2021 seems to make the most sense. When you factor in the (hope) that COVID will be over by then, it changes the game entirely.

It’s also the 20th Anniversary of CE being released, and I can’t think of any better time to release it.

> 2533274850493408;8:
> > 2674012278771805;6:
> > My guess would be a full year from now. As in: a year from the original launch so November 2021 probably. Here’s why I think so:
> > 1: Backlash was massive from both fans and press and continued after the first response by 343i in their blog posts. This scared Microsoft enough to step in and be hands on with 343i with a delay that I think might be forced by MS instead of coming from 343i. Meaning MS saw a bigger problem than 343i might’ve at first.
> >
> > 2: Joseph Staten. You don’t bring in a name like that if you’re delaying for 3-4 months. He was brought on board by MS to ‘oversee’ production. Read between the lines that says: ‘to bring Infinite in line with what MS considers it should be’. I’m not buying that he’s only overseeing the final efforts to finalizing the game. Not with the backlash the demo got.
> >
> > 3: I believe Staten is brought on to make more substantial changes to the game. Not a from the ground up redone situation like CE/H2 had, but one where some mechanics might change nonetheless, maybe even story. Given the community’s response to Escharum (right?) I wouldn’t even be surprised if the story undergoes some changes. If changes will in fact be massive, I wouldn’t even be surprised to see Infinite pushed back even further. Or to read a Jason Schreier article on Kotaku chronicling how crunchtime messed up people’s life at 343i.
> >
> > 4: If you look at the above, there is no way Infinite can launch within half a year. Add to that: Sony doesn’t even have any big exclusives coming out so that gives MS some time to work on Infinite because they don’t have to fear losing to Sony exclusives.
>
> I fully believe this as well. November 2021 seems to make the most sense. When you factor in the (hope) that COVID will be over by then, it changes the game entirely.
>
> It’s also the 20th Anniversary of CE being released, and I can’t think of any better time to release it.

Ah yeah, forgot about COVID hahaha. So yeah, there’s no way this is a minor delay.

Also: same avatar quote-ception! Woo

Everything has pretty much been covered here, just wanted to add that big AAA games generally launch within a 4 month period, November - February. If not early next year then look at Halo CE 20th anniversary.

At the same time I don’t see them continuing to put out promotional cans of energy drinks with 2XP bonuses for a game that is still a year away from release. It’s so uncertain until we get word from 343. Predicting it is purely guesswork.

They made the mistake of giving themselves a release date they couldn’t keep once. I don’t think they’ll do it again. They won’t give a release date until they are confident with their work. At this point, they are probably still working on their internal roadmap. We might get a vague date range after that’s done.

I think most of Q1 would be out of the question. But whether it’s a 6ish or 12ish month delay will depend on what they plan to do; how much improvements they want to make before launch.

> 2533274985070673;3:
> In the Microsoft Store says that the release date will be in 12/31/2021

That’s just a placeholder, not accurate.

If I had to put bets on it I would say it would be releasing early Q2 of 2021

> 2533274882881665;10:
> At the same time I don’t see them continuing to put out promotional cans of energy drinks with 2XP bonuses for a game that is still a year away from release. It’s so uncertain until we get word from 343. Predicting it is purely guesswork.

Could just be fulfilling a contractual obligation… or heck, Monster had already printed the cans prior to delay announcement… they may be making the best of the situation. 2x XP maxes out at 60 hours. Might’ve put that cap on for a reason.

Hopefully sometime in the first half of 2021. I dread to think of the possibility that MS would make us wait a whole extra year, but if the game really is that much of a mess, then that might be the case.

Definitely before December. I personally think it will be q3 or q4 2021 because they just got Joe Staten as a new project lead, and I dont think they would get a new lead when the game is less than a year away.

> 2674012278771805;6:
> My guess would be a full year from now. As in: a year from the original launch so November 2021 probably. Here’s why I think so:
> 1: Backlash was massive from both fans and press and continued after the first response by 343i in their blog posts. This scared Microsoft enough to step in and be hands on with 343i with a delay that I think might be forced by MS instead of coming from 343i. Meaning MS saw a bigger problem than 343i might’ve at first.
>
> 2: Joseph Staten. You don’t bring in a name like that if you’re delaying for 3-4 months. He was brought on board by MS to ‘oversee’ production. Read between the lines that says: ‘to bring Infinite in line with what MS considers it should be’. I’m not buying that he’s only overseeing the final efforts to finalizing the game. Not with the backlash the demo got.
>
> 3: I believe Staten is brought on to make more substantial changes to the game. Not a from the ground up redone situation like CE/H2 had, but one where some mechanics might change nonetheless, maybe even story. Given the community’s response to Escharum (right?) I wouldn’t even be surprised if the story undergoes some changes. If changes will in fact be massive, I wouldn’t even be surprised to see Infinite pushed back even further. Or to read a Jason Schreier article on Kotaku chronicling how crunchtime messed up people’s life at 343i.
>
> 4: If you look at the above, there is no way Infinite can launch within half a year. Add to that: Sony doesn’t even have any big exclusives coming out so that gives MS some time to work on Infinite because they don’t have to fear losing to Sony exclusives.

Yeah that monologue with escharum was bad. I makes 0 sense to not use ATRIOX. Even if you have t recast the voice.

I think we will most likely see the upcoming Halo Infinite coming out either on October 2021 or November 2021. Those are the possible release dates for the new Halo video game.

> 2533274927740213;12:
> > 2533274985070673;3:
> > In the Microsoft Store says that the release date will be in 12/31/2021
>
> That’s just a placeholder, not accurate.
>
> If I had to put bets on it I would say it would be releasing early Q2 of 2021

No way its q2 especially early q2. They brought in a new story director to edit the writing. Plus if they delay it and don’t do a beta that’s going to look terrible. The ztate its in, it needs a year plus. Plus for patches needed after

> 2533274887613159;18:
> > 2533274927740213;12:
> > > 2533274985070673;3:
> > > In the Microsoft Store says that the release date will be in 12/31/2021
> >
> > That’s just a placeholder, not accurate.
> >
> > If I had to put bets on it I would say it would be releasing early Q2 of 2021
>
> No way its q2 especially early q2. They brought in a new story director to edit the writing. Plus if they delay it and don’t do a beta that’s going to look terrible. The ztate its in, it needs a year plus. Plus for patches needed after

Staten himself has said all he’s doing is supporting those already working on the campaign, he’s not coming in to tear up the story and make a new one.

Not to mention from a raw gameplay perspective it doesn’t need a year plus. I know people weren’t fans of the visuals but they weren’t that bad. Saying it needs more than a year is hyperbole.

> 2533274927740213;19:
> > 2533274887613159;18:
> > > 2533274927740213;12:
> > > > 2533274985070673;3:
> > > > In the Microsoft Store says that the release date will be in 12/31/2021
> > >
> > > That’s just a placeholder, not accurate.
> > >
> > > If I had to put bets on it I would say it would be releasing early Q2 of 2021
> >
> > No way its q2 especially early q2. They brought in a new story director to edit the writing. Plus if they delay it and don’t do a beta that’s going to look terrible. The ztate its in, it needs a year plus. Plus for patches needed after
>
> Staten himself has said all he’s doing is supporting those already working on the campaign, he’s not coming in to tear up the story and make a new one.
>
> Not to mention from a raw gameplay perspective it doesn’t need a year plus. I know people weren’t fans of the visuals but they weren’t that bad. Saying it needs more than a year is hyperbole.

Anything stated by 343 is PR. Theyre the same company that sold halo the master chief collection (cant tell a bigger lie to your fanbase than releasing mcc in the state it was in). So dont expect me to just believe they bring in a new story guy to not improve the story. Even if he says hes just helping.

Also gameplay wise its more than likey it is unfinished. Looking at 343s track record. They change the core mechanics EVERY game they make.

Now my speculation may not matter to you, but its grounded in realism.

For instance the fact that the demo was even shown in that state is enough evidence to know that the people in charge of halo do not know what theyre doing. You can blame Microsoft or 343 it doesnt matter. The people in charge of the ip are the problem.