Any helpful suggestions for improving my aim?

I’ve never had problems with aiming before but in halo 5 I find it really difficult. I can’t really find any comfortable settings. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can improve?

There are a lot of factors that can impact your aim. I am sure someone can give a more in depth description, but here is a quick check list to go over.

  • What are your dead zones at? Most people play at 0% on both.
  • What sort of TV/Monitor are you using?
  • Wired or Wireless internet? Connection is huge in H5 for aiming.
  • Octagon. Lots of Octagon, and experiment with different sens/accel combos

It’s all about the left stick, not the right.

> 2675352635801982;2:
> There are a lot of factors that can impact your aim. I am sure someone can give a more in depth description, but here is a quick check list to go over.
>
> - What are your dead zones at? Most people play at 0% on both.
> - What sort of TV/Monitor are you using?
> - Wired or Wireless internet? Connection is huge in H5 for aiming.
> - Octagon. Lots of Octagon, and experiment with different sens/accel combos

0% dead zones

40"tv

wireless network
I sometimes play octagon
I play 5,2

Get a friend and go to forge. Have him stand still. Strafe left and right around him and try to keep your crosshairs on his head. Have him strafe eventually, as well. If you aren’t comfortable with how your aim is, mess with the settings and go at it again.

This is a kind of broad strategy, and may not help you find the perfect settings, but it will help you get better with the settings you have. Apologies ahead of time if my answer was not sufficient.

> 2533274862749961;5:
> Get a friend and go to forge. Have him stand still. Strafe left and right around him and try to keep your crosshairs on his head. Have him strafe eventually, as well. If you aren’t comfortable with how your aim is, mess with the settings and go at it again.
>
> This is a kind of broad strategy, and may not help you find the perfect settings, but it will help you get better with the settings you have. Apologies ahead of time if my answer was not sufficient.

This would be much easier if we just had split screen 343. Buy thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like low stakes octagon.

Pick your targets, and have patience. But in a gunfight too much patience will kill you so don’t have that much. But you will get better with time.

> 2533274985084926;7:
> Pick your targets, and have patience. But in a gunfight too much patience will kill you so don’t have that much. But you will get better with time.

I feel like when I’m playing well I’ll hit 50% of my shots and the shots I miss are really close, I just miss them for some reason. Hopefully my shot will improve when I get a monitor.

Stating the obvious but practice makes perfect. I’d have a look at your sensitivity settings- a lot of players automatically think 10 must be the best because it is the fastest but that’s not always true.

A lot of the pro players play at a lower setting 4-6 by all accounts, and this allows you to more calmly get head shots etc when in a firefight.

Talking of calm staying calm in a battle is essential, ignore the enemy giving you damage just concentrate on your shots hitting, him- you stand a much better chance of getting a perfect kill or at least more shots on them than you. Cool and collected rather than spray and pray, wins the day.

Aim with your left stick

You tried lowering your sensitivity?

> 2533274873873545;11:
> You tried lowering your sensitivity?

I play 5,2

> 2533274810350686;9:
> Stating the obvious but practice makes perfect. I’d have a look at your sensitivity settings- a lot of players automatically think 10 must be the best because it is the fastest but that’s not always true.
>
> A lot of the pro players play at a lower setting 4-6 by all accounts, and this allows you to more calmly get head shots etc when in a firefight.
>
> Talking of calm staying calm in a battle is essential, ignore the enemy giving you damage just concentrate on your shots hitting, him- you stand a much better chance of getting a perfect kill or at least more shots on them than you. Cool and collected rather than spray and pray, wins the day.

I play 5,2

> 2533274974390557;12:
> > 2533274873873545;11:
> > You tried lowering your sensitivity?
>
>
> I play 5,2

That wasn’t my question…have you tried lowering it to say 3 or 4

> 2533274873873545;14:
> > 2533274974390557;12:
> > > 2533274873873545;11:
> > > You tried lowering your sensitivity?
> >
> >
> > I play 5,2
>
>
> That wasn’t my question…have you tried lowering it to say 3 or 4

I have but that feels too slow. I don’t feel like my sensitivity is the problem because I also play doom, it’s something else. But I’ll take all of these suggestions into account.

You could watch LTN tips videos. :wink:
I recognize you from his comments. Octagon with a friend might help your aim, playing WZA with just your magnum could help.

All good idea’s. I practice in SWAT, and WZFF the most, and it seems to help!

I never thought about input lag!
However, it may be one parameter responsible for my inability to aim when playing online…
I have a quite old plasma hdtv, it may be slow. I can check the specs, but what value is considered acceptable?

> 2535470862314502;18:
> I never thought about input lag!
> However, it may be one parameter responsible for my inability to aim when playing online…
> I have a quite old plasma hdtv, it may be slow. I can check the specs, but what value is considered acceptable?

Does your tv have a game mode? That usually turns off a load of settings to help response times/ lag (don’t know the correct term). I have 2 tv’s and on one the game mode looks ok but on the other it looks terrible.

whenever my aim is off a lower my sensitivity then slowly build it up again