Any doubts before launch?

Does anyone have any doubts before halo 5 launches in a few weeks? At this point I don’t.

I have doubts on the server stability, if the dedicated servers will work as intended, bugs and glitches, and just general matchmaking timing and stability.

As for the quality of the content within the game, I’m sure it’ll be awesome. No doubts there. Will it work though…time will tell.

Yes. WHERE IS THE GRAV HAMMER!?

The only doubts I have is that somehow they will muck it up, the game looked great in the beta. Seemed like they were trying to bring the old halo feel back, but then the recent footage i’ve seen looks almost like it was made for 10 year olds, in terms of how it looks and plays…maybe it was just Apex 7…that map is godawful looking, I need sunglasses for that one.

Now that you mention it, I think there’s a chance that so many people will try to use matchmaking at the same time that the servers will overload and crash and people will be all like “AHHHH!! 343 SCREWED UP AGAIN!!!”

Only thing I wish that they will confirm is Gravity Hammer, Infection, Juggernaut and Race in Matchmaking. And more fun gametypes in free-for-all and multi-team like they had in Halo 3 and Reach, instead of only mainstream slayer and so on.

I just want my campaign first.

Nope, new trailer sealed the deal.
I am hesitant about games with poorly written and executed story… and although I feel Halo 4 to have some inconsistencies, EVERYTHING Halo 5 has shown has been grade A quality.

That fun and popular gametypes like Infection will be rotational or something not permanent… As is 343i tradition.

Yea. No Gravity Hammer, dual wielding and im worrried about the story. On a side note im kind of bummed that there is no motion blur like in Reach or Halo 3. It looked sic then. I guess we will see how it turns out.

> 2533274830702421;3:
> Yes. WHERE IS THE <mark>GRAV HAMMER</mark>!?

> 2533274877549444;6:
> Only thing I wish that they will confirm is <mark>Gravity Hammer</mark>, Infection, Juggernaut and Race in Matchmaking. And more fun gametypes in free-for-all and multi-team like they had in Halo 3 and Reach, instead of only mainstream slayer and so on.

> 2533274804193356;10:
> Yea. No <mark>Gravity Hammer</mark>, dual wielding and im worrried about the story. On a side note im kind of bummed that there is no motion blur like in Reach or Halo 3. It looked sic then. I guess we will see how it turns out.

Relevant.

I hope to God Infection won’t be a rotational playlist, make it permanent!

*Fingers crossed

I know I posted here already but I came in to say I thought this said “Any donuts before launch?”

I’m concerned about co-op campaign connections.

Every Halo game has had a lot of lag/delay most of the time for the players that aren’t host. (I played 8 days worth of campaign in Reach – most of it co-op online – so I’m well acquainted with it…)

It’s this way even in MCC. I’m afraid that this might not have changed, even with drop in/drop out co-op being a big thing for this game. And I’m planning on doing co-op campaign on day one…

> 2533274870973785;14:
> I’m concerned about co-op campaign connections.
>
> Every Halo game has had a lot of lag/delay most of the time for the players that aren’t host. (I played 8 days worth of campaign in Reach – most of it co-op online – so I’m well acquainted with it…)
>
> It’s this way even in MCC. I’m afraid that this might not have changed, even with drop in/drop out co-op being a big thing for this game. And I’m planning on doing co-op campaign on day one…

Dedicated servers for campaign has you and I both covered on that end bud.

> 2535449665894532;15:
> > 2533274870973785;14:
> > I’m concerned about co-op campaign connections.
> >
> > Every Halo game has had a lot of lag/delay most of the time for the players that aren’t host. (I played 8 days worth of campaign in Reach – most of it co-op online – so I’m well acquainted with it…)
> >
> > It’s this way even in MCC. I’m afraid that this might not have changed, even with drop in/drop out co-op being a big thing for this game. And I’m planning on doing co-op campaign on day one…
>
>
> Dedicated servers for campaign has you and I both covered on that end bud.

Really? Even for private campaign lobbies???[Assuming there is even public campaign matchmaking like Halo Reach… but I doubt there is :frowning: ]

> 2533274870973785;16:
> > 2535449665894532;15:
> > > 2533274870973785;14:
> > > I’m concerned about co-op campaign connections.
> > >
> > > Every Halo game has had a lot of lag/delay most of the time for the players that aren’t host. (I played 8 days worth of campaign in Reach – most of it co-op online – so I’m well acquainted with it…)
> > >
> > > It’s this way even in MCC. I’m afraid that this might not have changed, even with drop in/drop out co-op being a big thing for this game. And I’m planning on doing co-op campaign on day one…
> >
> >
> > Dedicated servers for campaign has you and I both covered on that end bud.
>
>
> Really? Even for private campaign lobbies???[Assuming there is even public campaign matchmaking like Halo Reach… but I doubt there is :frowning: ]

My understanding is that EVERYTHING is done on DS, even custom games.

> 2533274796457055;17:
> > 2533274870973785;16:
> > > 2535449665894532;15:
> > > > 2533274870973785;14:
> > > > I’m concerned about co-op campaign connections.
> > > >
> > > > Every Halo game has had a lot of lag/delay most of the time for the players that aren’t host. (I played 8 days worth of campaign in Reach – most of it co-op online – so I’m well acquainted with it…)
> > > >
> > > > It’s this way even in MCC. I’m afraid that this might not have changed, even with drop in/drop out co-op being a big thing for this game. And I’m planning on doing co-op campaign on day one…
> > >
> > >
> > > Dedicated servers for campaign has you and I both covered on that end bud.
> >
> >
> > Really? Even for private campaign lobbies???[Assuming there is even public campaign matchmaking like Halo Reach… but I doubt there is :frowning: ]
>
>
> My understanding is that EVERYTHING is done on DS, even custom games.

Yep. Everything! Just not solo campaign I believe. And no, there is no campaign matchmaking as confirmed by the Frankie himself.

> 2535449665894532;18:
> > 2533274796457055;17:
> > > 2533274870973785;16:
> > > > 2535449665894532;15:
> > > > > 2533274870973785;14:
> > > > > I’m concerned about co-op campaign connections.
> > > > >
> > > > > Every Halo game has had a lot of lag/delay most of the time for the players that aren’t host. (I played 8 days worth of campaign in Reach – most of it co-op online – so I’m well acquainted with it…)
> > > > >
> > > > > It’s this way even in MCC. I’m afraid that this might not have changed, even with drop in/drop out co-op being a big thing for this game. And I’m planning on doing co-op campaign on day one…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Dedicated servers for campaign has you and I both covered on that end bud.
> > >
> > >
> > > Really? Even for private campaign lobbies???[Assuming there is even public campaign matchmaking like Halo Reach… but I doubt there is :frowning: ]
> >
> >
> > My understanding is that EVERYTHING is done on DS, even custom games.
>
>
> Yep. Everything! Just not solo campaign I believe. And no, there is no campaign matchmaking as confirmed by the Frankie himself.

Awww :frowning: I found where he said that. I’m not going to argue about it, but campaign matchmaking was something I did a lot in Reach. (Shown here: http://i.imgur.com/HdJjj7O.jpg)

I could play campaign missions over and over again and be happy. I liked the personal feel of it and feeling like I was alongside real people, being a team. (I also liked having my Spartans real colours…)

No one I know will want to play campaign as much as me, lol. So it would have been nice to be able to play with random people.

I think it’s a little silly to advertise the whole “drop in/drop out co-op” thing when you can’t play co-op in split screen or with matchmaking. Most of the time when you’re playing with people on your friend’s list you’ll be able to meet up in a lobby before a mission anyway.

I enjoyed H4’s story line and despised the multiplayer. (like many others)

MCC’s instability gave me a lot of doubt and had essentially subdued my hype for H5. To this day I have issues with that game that apparently are never going to be fixed. (I shouldn’t have to restart my console for a game to be able to load previous saves) However I do understand that MCC is a pretty massive undertaking and that would be like comparing apples and oranges.

I am extremely excited about H5, however I am trying to stay reserved. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Again, very excited, however I am not going all into this like I did with H4. Ive read a bunch of great reviews and I am really hoping H5’s multiplayer will revive the game that I grew uo with and absolutely LOVE.