Any concerns I had for Halo 4 are gone!

Seeing this media blow-out and having time to grow accustomed to the changes that 343 has announced, and seeing them all in action finally, with a near-final build of the game, has put any of the worries I still may have had to rest. The maps look good, the weapons look amazing and fun to use and I’m so excited to experiment with the AA’s and armor mods/support upgrades and find what works best for me, “tailoring my play-style” as they’ve been saying…

And while watching the new gameplay on Solace, I noticed that it’s the little things, the sounds, the map design, the background details, even the dynamic music in the MP matches that are really making this game looks and “feel” modern and fresh, all while having the options and customization to play traditional Halo if you’d like.

I think competitive Halo will be just fine with Halo 4. I really hope to see the game back on the MLG pro circuit. Personally I think it’s looking like the best game in the series since C.E. and I can say that confidently right now, the campaign even looks like it may be up to par with the original, which I can’t really say for any of the past sequels… It may be a “new” Halo, but it may very well be a better Halo… and I mean that in the new direction the game is taking. So excited…

I’m just a little disheartened to see the rocket hog in halo 4 :’(
WHYY???

If they wanted an AA vehicle, the wolverine would have been a better choice

Wait… the Rocket Hog is in? I didn’t know that. Doesn’t matter to me tho, I’m not really a vehicle guy, or one to play gametypes with vehicles.

> I’m just a little disheartened to see the rocket hog in halo 4 :’(
> WHYY???
>
> If they wanted an AA vehicle, the wolverine would have been a better choice

Rocket hog is fine, would be less work to add another vehicle in and on top of that the wolverine is defenseless against ground units. The rocket hog is not.

I’m still a little concerned about some tactical packages and armor mods combos working a little too well… But other than that it’s looking pretty darn good :).

> > I’m just a little disheartened to see the rocket hog in halo 4 :’(
> > WHYY???
> >
> > If they wanted an AA vehicle, the wolverine would have been a better choice
>
> Rocket hog is fine, would be less work to add another vehicle in and on top of that the wolverine is defenseless against ground units. The rocket hog is not.

Not quite they have a volley/grenade ability which could be balanced some how

> Wait… the Rocket Hog is in? I didn’t know that. Doesn’t matter to me tho, I’m not really a vehicle guy, or one to play gametypes with vehicles.

https://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/Detail/weapon-and-vehicle-renders/37d609fa-0303-4c2e-9fff-2fb79e52d9f6#imageNumber=16

> > > I’m just a little disheartened to see the rocket hog in halo 4 :’(
> > > WHYY???
> > >
> > > If they wanted an AA vehicle, the wolverine would have been a better choice
> >
> > Rocket hog is fine, would be less work to add another vehicle in and on top of that the wolverine is defenseless against ground units. The rocket hog is not.
>
> Not quite they have a volley/grenade ability which could be balanced some how

Yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that they would have to add another vehicle into the game which would be unnecessary due to the because the hog fits that role.

I must add that the wolverine is considered a tank. “M9 Main Anti-Aircraft Tank”.

Which would mean harder to destroy, stronger and too much work to balance this. Not to mention slower.

They could not replace the Hog with an AA Tank. There is no comparison between a lightly armoured recon AA hog to a tank.

Ironic, since after this media-blowout I no longer want the LE of the game. I am still only getting it for the single-player. The multiplayer looks like it will be attracting to many CoD fanboys. I might be more inclined if I could get an actual answer on whether or not they will have classic playlists at launch. It just really makes me sad to see a game I have been in love with since '04 be turned into this weird amalgamation of CoD and Halo.

I will give it to them at least they are trying to make the game balanced like Halo should be and make the new features/returning systems fit well with the core of the multiplayer.

Other things like ordnance, CTF changes, and kill-cams I see as negatives to the game especially the ordnance system replacing the traditional static one. Taking the element of map control away from Halo is like ruining the strategy and flow of the game.

> > > > I’m just a little disheartened to see the rocket hog in halo 4 :’(
> > > > WHYY???
> > > >
> > > > If they wanted an AA vehicle, the wolverine would have been a better choice
> > >
> > > Rocket hog is fine, would be less work to add another vehicle in and on top of that the wolverine is defenseless against ground units. The rocket hog is not.
> >
> > Not quite they have a volley/grenade ability which could be balanced some how
>
> Yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that they would have to add another vehicle into the game which would be unnecessary due to the because the hog fits that role.
>
> I must add that the wolverine is considered a tank. “M9 Main Anti-Aircraft Tank”.
>
> Which would mean harder to destroy, stronger and too much work to balance this. Not to mention slower.
>
> They could not replace the Hog with an AA Tank. There is no comparison between a lightly armoured recon AA hog to a tank.

I’ve always thought they should add the AA wraith to use since its already there and that would be a good covenant/storm comparison

> > > > I’m just a little disheartened to see the rocket hog in halo 4 :’(
> > > > WHYY???
> > > >
> > > > If they wanted an AA vehicle, the wolverine would have been a better choice
> > >
> > > Rocket hog is fine, would be less work to add another vehicle in and on top of that the wolverine is defenseless against ground units. The rocket hog is not.
> >
> > Not quite they have a volley/grenade ability which could be balanced some how
>
> Yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that they would have to add another vehicle into the game which would be <mark>unnecessary</mark> due to the because the hog fits that role.
>
> I must add that the wolverine is considered a tank. “M9 Main Anti-Aircraft Tank”.
>
> Which would mean harder to destroy, stronger and too much work to balance this. Not to mention slower.
>
> They could not replace the Hog with an AA Tank. There is no comparison between a lightly armoured recon AA hog to a tank.

Also isn’t the rocket hog arguably unneccessary

What’s filling the “Covenant” Warthog niche? I’d say the revenant is returning since we have the Concussion rifle and concussion Phantoms. Spectre? Who knows.

> > > > > I’m just a little disheartened to see the rocket hog in halo 4 :’(
> > > > > WHYY???
> > > > >
> > > > > If they wanted an AA vehicle, the wolverine would have been a better choice
> > > >
> > > > Rocket hog is fine, would be less work to add another vehicle in and on top of that the wolverine is defenseless against ground units. The rocket hog is not.
> > >
> > > Not quite they have a volley/grenade ability which could be balanced some how
> >
> > Yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that they would have to add another vehicle into the game which would be <mark>unnecessary</mark> due to the because the hog fits that role.
> >
> > I must add that the wolverine is considered a tank. “M9 Main Anti-Aircraft Tank”.
> >
> > Which would mean harder to destroy, stronger and too much work to balance this. Not to mention slower.
> >
> > They could not replace the Hog with an AA Tank. There is no comparison between a lightly armoured recon AA hog to a tank.
>
> Also isn’t the rocket hog arguably unneccessary

I will not argue on that considering I do not like the Reach’s rocket hog, if it’s less explodey and more killy in Halo 4 I will like it a bit more I suppose.

But the point is moot on this subject. The wolverine is a tank, the rocket hog is a is not, I would not want a tank to replace an AA hog that can be destroyed easier than a tank, to top it all off the hog is used more against ground targets, the wolverine is solely designed to target air targets or targets far away on the ground.

All units you will encounter will either be in the air or a few meters away. I’m not going to argue over this anymore.

> I will give it to them at least they are trying to make the game balanced like Halo should be and make the new features/returning systems fit well with the core of the multiplayer.
>
> Other things like ordnance, CTF changes, and kill-cams I see as negatives to the game especially the ordnance system replacing the traditional static one. Taking the element of map control away from Halo is like ruining the strategy and flow of the game.

Lol the game is still about map control lol. Ordance only drop weapons and armor upgrades. Its not wrecking the strategy or flow of the game at all.

> > > > > > I’m just a little disheartened to see the rocket hog in halo 4 :’(
> > > > > > WHYY???
> > > > > >
> > > > > > If they wanted an AA vehicle, the wolverine would have been a better choice
> > > > >
> > > > > Rocket hog is fine, would be less work to add another vehicle in and on top of that the wolverine is defenseless against ground units. The rocket hog is not.
> > > >
> > > > Not quite they have a volley/grenade ability which could be balanced some how
> > >
> > > Yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that they would have to add another vehicle into the game which would be <mark>unnecessary</mark> due to the because the hog fits that role.
> > >
> > > I must add that the wolverine is considered a tank. “M9 Main Anti-Aircraft Tank”.
> > >
> > > Which would mean harder to destroy, stronger and too much work to balance this. Not to mention slower.
> > >
> > > They could not replace the Hog with an AA Tank. There is no comparison between a lightly armoured recon AA hog to a tank.
> >
> > Also isn’t the rocket hog arguably unneccessary
>
> I will not argue on that considering I do not like the Reach’s rocket hog, if it’s less explodey and more killy in Halo 4 I will like it a bit more I suppose.
>
> But the point is moot on this subject. The wolverine is a tank, the rocket hog is a is not, I would not want a tank to replace an AA hog that can be destroyed easier than a tank, to top it all off the hog is used more against ground targets, the wolverine is solely designed to target air targets or targets far away on the ground.
>
> All units you will encounter will either be in the air or a few meters away. I’m not going to argue over this anymore.

I respect your opinion, but i think we’ll have to agree to disagree