Any comments on the strenght of the AR ?

Hey guys,

So, since i started playing yesterday, i have noticed how strong the AR has become in contrast to most of the other Halo’s.

Yes, in Halo 4 and reach they did bring in the more realistic AR crosshair so you could still pull off some longshots to get a kill or maybe shoot off an shield.
However, in Halo 5 i have noticed how fast you get taken down by it in comparison to the past Halo’s. Yes, this is another game and 343 has changed things, but i just can’t get over the fact that an AR can sometimes just blatantly win an battle out against an Battle rifle. Ofcourse this is not always the case and it depends on the skill of the player / situation, but it still feels as if 343 tried to give the somewhat less skilled players a boost or and edge with choosing to make the AR a bit stronger / longer range. This applies more to Arena than to Warzone due to the attachments you can add / use on your weapons to boost different value’s.

Anyone feel the same ?

its perfect.
Its dominant at close range, effective at mid range, useless at long range
how an Assault rifle should be.

It’s balanced well, DMR/BR/LR/Carbine/Pistol etc all still dominate against it when used in thier effective ranges.

Just because every one “loves” the BR too much doesn;t mean it should be every weapon at any range.
Close range encounters the AR should be able to over power it and it does.

Also, can we stop using this whole “the AR is unskilled and noob friendly”
It’s not, like all guns in Halo it has its effective range where it can and should be dominant. An assault rifle should be able to over power single/burst fire weapons in CCQ

Seems okay to me, I have yet to be beat by an AR while using the Pistol in what you would call a fair situation. Even within the AR intended range I don’t have any issues dealing with players who you it.

Yeah, I love what they’ve done with the AR. It’s billed as a 7.62 everywhere in the canon, yet it never hit any harder than a .22. This finally feels, and hits, like a 7.62 and I love the new sight picture along with the control of the burst. It’s really easy to squeeze off a single shot now instead of the 3 shot burst that we’ve had most other times. I know you could do it occasionally, but I played last night for a while and even right out of the gate I was doing single shots on the AR and putting them right where they needed to be.

I couldn’t be happier with it.

i thought it was too weak, actually. It was a beast in 4, and I had a lot of success with the AR in the Beta. Seems much weaker now.

And that SMG with the new sight. To quote Sam, “I think I’m in love.”

I love it. It’s actually viable to use now.

> 2602973356072471;2:
> its perfect.
> Its dominant at close range, effective at mid range, useless at long range
> how an Assault rifle should be.
>
> It’s balanced well, DMR/BR/LR/Carbine/Pistol etc all still dominate against it when used in thier effective ranges.
>
> Just because every one “loves” the BR too much doesn;t mean it should be every weapon at any range.
> Close range encounters the AR should be able to over power it and it does.
>
> Also, can we stop using this whole “the AR is unskilled and noob friendly”
> It’s not, like all guns in Halo it has its effective range where it can and should be dominant. An assault rifle should be able to over power single/burst fire weapons in CCQ

Couldn’t have phrased it better myself. There should be no weapon in the game that is best at all ranges; part of the skill factor when playing is utilising the weapons you have, well.