Any Chance we can get the D pad fixed?

When it comes to rotating between your bases I find it very frustrating that mini bases are included in the rotation. I usually just put a generator or supply pad on my mini bases and don’t really have a need for going to them unless I wanna pump infantry/scouts.

I think removing them from the rotation would really clean things up. Mini bases are usually pretty close to your main bases anyways so going to your main base and flying over to it doesn’t take much time. I’ve also noticed that unlike Halo Wars 1 you won’t always go to your 1st base first when hitting the D pad. It was nice in Halo Wars 1 because if I had 2 bases I knew hitting the D pad twice would take me to my 2nd base. Now it’s all just random.

It is a bit frustrating. Add in the fact that the Building Wheel doesn’t go away after you select a building and you have to continuously hold down the stick in that direction and we’ve got some serious slow down with the micro.

All these little things add up and slow down my flow, ya feels 343?

no that’s not a good idea. minibuses are very useful for unit production and upgrading

ive been saying this since the game came out.
The left on the D pad should prioritize the main base then prioritize the 2nd base and then cycle through the mini bases. If your cursor is not on a mini base you should not cycle back to the mini base, you should jump to the main base.
When you are microing your army and lose some units you should always jump to the main to rebuild the units instead of the game jumping you to a random mini base.
down on the D pad also jumps you to random units. It should prioritize the largest group of units on the map instead of units running across the map by themselves.

The thing that drives me nuts is that the DPad does not cycle through your bases, it is extremely unpredictable, sometimes it keeps cycling between two bases when you want it to go to the third…

I some times put a barracks or armory in the first mini base so I appreciate them being included. However, I do think it should scroll through all full bases before going through the mini bases instead. It would heighten efficiency by covering more building slots quicker.

You should also be allowed to assign which one is your #1 base (handy for combat salvage). So if you want your mini base to be base #1 you can otherwise you can assign your other bases what ever number you want. This can really help with making the game flow better.

I’d like it if those TextPads that one can plug into the controller could be used to hotkey units and stuff to the textpad. I think it would do a lot to help us manage our armies.

It’s honestly fine as it is I think and the lack of including mini-bases would annoy more people than this change would satisfy

> 2533274818651339;1:
> When it comes to rotating between your bases I find it very frustrating that mini bases are included in the rotation. I usually just put a generator or supply pad on my mini bases and don’t really have a need for going to them unless I wanna pump infantry/scouts.
>
> I think removing them from the rotation would really clean things up. Mini bases are usually pretty close to your main bases anyways so going to your main base and flying over to it doesn’t take much time. I’ve also noticed that unlike Halo Wars 1 you won’t always go to your 1st base first when hitting the D pad. It was nice in Halo Wars 1 because if I had 2 bases I knew hitting the D pad twice would take me to my 2nd base. Now it’s all just random.
>
> It is a bit frustrating. Add in the fact that the Building Wheel doesn’t go away after you select a building and you have to continuously hold down the stick in that direction and we’ve got some serious slow down with the micro.
>
> All these little things add up and slow down my flow, ya feels 343?

Yeah I understand your frustration man, I don’t think they should be taken out of the rotation but I don’t really have a good solution to this :frowning:

> 2533274814970819;5:
> I some times put a barracks or armory in the first mini base so I appreciate them being included. However, I do think it should scroll through all full bases before going through the mini bases instead. It would heighten efficiency by covering more building slots quicker.

Yeah it should definitely prioritize bases before minibases, it seems to follow the pattern you purchased things in.

> 2533274859484857;2:
> no that’s not a good idea. minibuses are very useful for unit production and upgrading

Okay what about moving the minibases to always come after the main bases in the rotation? This way there would be more predictability when using the D pad. If I have 2 main bases and 2 mini bases, I know I need to press the D pad 4 times to get to my 2nd minibase.

It cycles through bases and mini bases per their construction order. I just keep track of which bases I built in what order. Never had a problem with this until late game when you have all the bases and are winning. It becomes a lot to cycle through. But at that point your winning or about to win so managing bases is not really a priority at that point.

I agree it can be annoying, especially late game, but overall I agree with Confuse Child: it’s not broken. I put important buildings on my first minibase so I don’t want to lose the cycling through.

> 2533274806879197;13:
> I agree it can be annoying, especially late game, but overall I agree with Confuse Child: it’s not broken. I put important buildings on my first minibase so I don’t want to lose the cycling through.

What about putting main bases first in the rotation regardless of what order things were built in? I.e. 1 main base, then 2nd main base, then first mini base, then second mini base in the rotation.