Any chance HW2 comes to steam? Huge market waiting

I love RTS’ and I’ve been playing them for decades.

Starcraft of course is my favorite with Halo Wars 2 a close second. Sadly Microsoft store only Halo Wars 2 I think has killed this game on PC.

I’ve chatted up on Steam forums about this topic that if Halo Wars 2 was on Steam I think it would sell 1 million units in a month even a year after launch. There is a huge audience that wants a quality RTS, but with HW2 on MS store they won’t buy it.

343…is there a chance in the future this game will hit Steam? You all want to make more money right? :slight_smile:

> 2724945845976881;1:
> I love RTS’ and I’ve been playing them for decades.
>
> Starcraft of course is my favorite with Halo Wars 2 a close second. Sadly Microsoft store only Halo Wars 2 I think has killed this game on PC.
>
> I’ve chatted up on Steam forums about this topic that if Halo Wars 2 was on Steam I think it would sell 1 million units in a month even a year after launch. There is a huge audience that wants a quality RTS, but with HW2 on MS store they won’t buy it.
>
> 343…is there a chance in the future this game will hit Steam? You all want to make more money right? :slight_smile:

they released HW1 DE on steam but it couldn’t play with people on MS store edition (I think it was a long time ago I was finding out about this so I may be wrong, if I am somepone plz correct me). Problem with HW2 going to steam is MS s trying to build up it’s own store platform so it’s pretty unlikely especially with it being so far after release.

Guess all you can do is keep up the fight and if they don’t put it on there rry and convince them to buy it from the MS store.

If there’s no crossplay then I’d rather not, it would just split the playerbase and do more harm than good.

> 2535441690909760;3:
> If there’s no crossplay then I’d rather not, it would just split the playerbase and do more harm than good.

Ah. I see what you mean by crossplay via MS store and Steam. Personally if I was running Xbox I would give everyone that has it already a free Steam copy, or drastically reduce the cost to $10 or something like that. I would pay $10.00 easily!

> 2533274843669931;2:
> > 2724945845976881;1:
> > I love RTS’ and I’ve been playing them for decades.
> >
> > Starcraft of course is my favorite with Halo Wars 2 a close second. Sadly Microsoft store only Halo Wars 2 I think has killed this game on PC.
> >
> > I’ve chatted up on Steam forums about this topic that if Halo Wars 2 was on Steam I think it would sell 1 million units in a month even a year after launch. There is a huge audience that wants a quality RTS, but with HW2 on MS store they won’t buy it.
> >
> > 343…is there a chance in the future this game will hit Steam? You all want to make more money right? :slight_smile:
>
> they released HW1 DE on steam but it couldn’t play with people on MS store edition (I think it was a long time ago I was finding out about this so I may be wrong, if I am somepone plz correct me). Problem with HW2 going to steam is MS s trying to build up it’s own store platform so it’s pretty unlikely especially with it being so far after release.
>
> Guess all you can do is keep up the fight and if they don’t put it on there rry and convince them to buy it from the MS store.

I know exactly what you are saying but build it up with what? So far we have Sea of Thieves and 1 year old Halo Wars 2 that probably is not selling any copies at this point on PC.

Even when Halo 6 comes out which I’m sure will be on PC too it isn’t going to get people moving on Halo Wars 2. Oh well I guess. I would not be surprised if they did not even more a million copies of HW2.

> 2724945845976881;4:
> > 2535441690909760;3:
> > If there’s no crossplay then I’d rather not, it would just split the playerbase and do more harm than good.
>
> Ah. I see what you mean by crossplay via MS store and Steam. Personally if I was running Xbox I would give everyone that has it already a free Steam copy, or drastically reduce the cost to $10 or something like that. I would pay $10.00 easily!

When Killer Instinct was ported to Steam there wasn’t any kind of cross-buy system so I don’t imagine there would be one here