Any chance for a PvE mode per update or DLC?

As far as I understand from the information released so far there will be no more PvE game modes in Halo 5. I appreciate that 343i tries new things in Warzone but in the end this new game mode, while blending in AI enemies for more variety, remains competitive with no options to enjoy this mode on your own or just fight with friendly players against the hopefully outstanding AI.

This is really a letdown as many veteran Halo fans are not much into PvP anymore and loved to play Firefight and Spartan Ops in recent Halo games. Also PvE can really offer great gaming experiences - just look at Bungie’s Destiny.

I really like 343i to reconsider this decision and maybe offer a dedicated PvE game mode, even if made available post lunch via update or DLC (depending on size and content).

Wait. Don’t you have campaign for PVE?

From Josh Holmes over at the Beyond forums:

> Not for launch but it could be interesting to explore post-launch if there is enough interest from fans.

Link

> 2533274801041127;3:
> From Josh Holmes over at the Beyond forums:
>
>
>
>
> > Not for launch but it could be interesting to explore post-launch if there is enough interest from fans.

Its essentially the Halo version of Horde

> 2533274801041127;3:
>
>
>
>
> > Not for launch but it could be interesting to explore post-launch if there is enough interest from fans.
>
>
> Link

so now the time for another mega-thread (like the elite one) has come. Just make it happen so they see we are totally interested in a pve mode

> 2808718160468931;1:
> As far as I understand from the information released so far there will be no more PvE game modes in Halo 5. I appreciate that 343i tries new things in Warzone but in the end this new game mode, while blending in AI enemies for more variety, remains competitive with no options to enjoy this mode on your own or just fight with friendly players against the hopefully outstanding AI.
>
> This is really a letdown as many veteran Halo fans are not much into PvP anymore and loved to play Firefight and Spartan Ops in recent Halo games. Also PvE can really offer great gaming experiences - just look at Bungie’s Destiny.
>
> I really like 343i to reconsider this decision and maybe offer a dedicated PvE game mode, even if made available post lunch via update or DLC (depending on size and content).

dude, campaign IS PvE

> 2533274909139271;2:
> Wait. Don’t you have campaign for PVE?

A campaign level is different from a PvE mode :slight_smile:

Levels: you just get through them, and once you played the campaign millions of times (like I’ll probably do as always) you wouldn’t want to replay it

Firefight: you have to resist as much as you can, enemy waves can be set unlimited!

> 2533274801041127;3:
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Link

Sign me in! I’m a fan and I’m interested!

> 2533274797034444;6:
> > 2808718160468931;1:
> > As far as I understand from the information released so far there will be no more PvE game modes in Halo 5. I appreciate that 343i tries new things in Warzone but in the end this new game mode, while blending in AI enemies for more variety, remains competitive with no options to enjoy this mode on your own or just fight with friendly players against the hopefully outstanding AI.
> >
> > This is really a letdown as many veteran Halo fans are not much into PvP anymore and loved to play Firefight and Spartan Ops in recent Halo games. Also PvE can really offer great gaming experiences - just look at Bungie’s Destiny.
> >
> > I really like 343i to reconsider this decision and maybe offer a dedicated PvE game mode, even if made available post lunch via update or DLC (depending on size and content).
>
>
> dude, campaign IS PvE

Yes, but he meant this: quoting my self:

> A campaign level is different from a PvE mode :slight_smile:
>
> Levels: you just get through them, and once you played the campaign millions of times (like I’ll probably do as always) you wouldn’t want to replay it
>
> Firefight: you have to resist as much as you can, enemy waves can be set unlimited!

> 2533274909139271;2:

True. But, I think people like the appeal of attempting to see how long they can survive wave after unforgiving wave of enemies. Firefight was the perfect game mode for this, which is why I’m hoping they bring it back.

Yes, I would love to see a PvE-style mode implemented like Firefight or Spartan Ops. But it would be really awesome I think, if Warzone is updated to allow PvE to take place. I.e Custom match for those of us looking to hone our skills, learn the maps, or just prefer to play by ourselves/with a few friends against AI. :slight_smile:

how much of us would want this?
~100%

there is just as much a chance for this as there is we’d get mp elites local co op campaign and 4p local
0%

Well, if the question post 343i opened earlier in the week is any indication, there are plenty of us on here who want it. I’d also kill for some custom Warzone my friends and I can screw around on without annoying a bunch of other people with our antics.

> 2533274909139271;2:

Well, firefight provided so much more replay ability due to the fact campaign is so specific and cinematic. Eventually it gets old compared to the customization available in FF.

Been asking for something like this for years. To have bots in mp like GOW3 and titafall. Sheesh even 007 on the 64 had bots along with perfect dark and Timesplitters. No reason we can not have bots with todays technology. Nice to FINALLY see this implemented into Warzone in H5. And to top that off it also has JIP. About time.

This is something I really want.
Campaign is lovely, but sometimes I just want to kick back and take out my day’s frustrations on a helpless swarm of grunts.

> 2533274892367695;8:
> > 2533274801041127;3:
> > From Josh Holmes over at the Beyond forums:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > Not for launch but it could be interesting to explore post-launch if there is enough interest from fans.
> >
> >
> > Link
>
>
> Sign me in! I’m a fan and I’m interested!

Me too!!!

Ill admit who doesnt enjoy shooting ai’s freely, but a challenge is what makes me keep coming back to my games. I love competitive gaming and its the only reason i keep coming back for more.

> 2533274797034444;6:
> > 2808718160468931;1:
> > As far as I understand from the information released so far there will be no more PvE game modes in Halo 5. I appreciate that 343i tries new things in Warzone but in the end this new game mode, while blending in AI enemies for more variety, remains competitive with no options to enjoy this mode on your own or just fight with friendly players against the hopefully outstanding AI.
> >
> > This is really a letdown as many veteran Halo fans are not much into PvP anymore and loved to play Firefight and Spartan Ops in recent Halo games. Also PvE can really offer great gaming experiences - just look at Bungie’s Destiny.
> >
> > I really like 343i to reconsider this decision and maybe offer a dedicated PvE game mode, even if made available post lunch via update or DLC (depending on size and content).
>
>
> dude, campaign IS PvE

This thread is about a dedicated PvE mode like Firefight or Spartan Ops that you can enjoy with other friendly players and that offers fresh sandbox like experiences every time you play. I would love to have a co-op campaign that provided this experience but i guess it will be a more cinematic and story driven campaign which wont let much room for sandbox gameplay.

I think it would be cool if, at the very least, they added it as an optional game type for Warzone. I mean, the maps are already set up to work with AI. If they could put them on an infinite respawn cycle and increase their numbers to make up for the absence of enemy players it might work pretty well.