Any chance 343i can release Halo 2 on Xbox Live Arcade?

I’m not sure how difficult this would be, but if there is any way to release Halo 2 (with full and unchanged multiplayer) on Xbox Live Arcade, please do it. Halo 2 defined Xbox Live for nearly 3 years and its absence from XBL is a tragedy.

It would be amazing. I would play it until Halo 4 at least, and probably for a long time to come.

The main reason they shut down original Xbox LIVE was due to the fact that keeping it online would stopping them from doing better things on the current 360, many people thought it was because the Halo 2 Friends List System only let you have 100 friends and microsoft were planning on increasing it.

They would most likely have to redesign the Friends List System and also the Clan System because the Xbox 360 as of now, has no support for it.

I do not know very much about game developing or how complicated this would be, but couldn’t you just re-route the friends list button (I believe it was “Y” from the title screen) to bring up the Xbox 360 menu as though you pressed the xbox symbol on the 360 controller now?

> I do not know very much about game developing or how complicated this would be, but couldn’t you just re-route the friends list button (I believe it was “Y” from the title screen) to bring up the Xbox 360 menu as though you pressed the xbox symbol on the 360 controller now?

Yes, but it would require removing the whole system, changing it so the notifications don’t pop up in-games, it would require a lot of work although it sounds small but it does take a lot of work when they have things like Halo 4 & Halo CEA to still finish off.