Any advice?

Anyone got any advice on how to improve ? I’m finding it difficulty to improve and do well consistently. Sure I have my good games but the majority are quite poor truth be told. I ain’t ashamed to admit I’m bad. Just looking for tips is all. Would be much appreciated.

Go to theater and watch your gamefilm so you know what mistakes youare making. Also look up some pros on twitch or youtube to see how they move or engage or disengage enemies.

Use the pistol over the AR, but don’t be afraid to pull it out in close combat scenarios and when you have to reload your pistol
Save your Thruster for defensive maneuvers
Always push for power weapons unless it means certain death
Don’t sprint unless you know you can travel safely
Always take the BR when you get the chance
Learn the maps and the callouts for each area
Crouch-walk when trying to be sneaky (but not too much)
Get as good as possible with frag grenades
Don’t feel obligated to stay in a fight that isn’t going well, get out if things are going to end badly for you
Stay near teammates
When in combat, strafe and make yourself a harder target to hit
Experiment with ground pound, it can give you some very easy kills in the right moments
Don’t always rush out looking for action, sometimes its best to sit still and wait for an enemy to expose themself. This works best if you have a good view of the map.
Power Ups like Camo and Overshield are on 2 minute respawn timers so if you pick up Camo at 9:45, it’ll respawn at exactly 7:45.
^Keeping track of this can give you an edge^

> 2533274833600810;3:
> Always use the pistol over the AR.
> Save your Thruster for defensive maneuvers
> Always push for power weapons unless it means certain death
> Don’t sprint unless you know you can travel safely
> Always take the BR when you get the chance
> Learn the maps and the callouts for each area
> Crouch-walk when trying to be sneaky (but not too much)
> Get as good as possible with frag grenades
> Don’t feel obligated to stay in a fight that isn’t going well, get out if things are going to end badly for you
> Stay near teammates
> When in combat, strafe and make yourself a harder target to hit
> Experiment with ground pound, it can give you some very easy kills in the right moments
> Don’t always rush out looking for action, sometimes its best to sit still and wait for an enemy to expose themself. This works best if you have a good view of the map.
> Power Ups like Camo and Overshield are on 2 minute respawn timers so if you pick up Camo at 9:45, it’ll respawn at exactly 7:45.
> ^Keeping track of this can give you an edge^

Two of those are thing I’m actually struggling with. Typical I was a cod player. I know disgusting. And I’m used to sprinting everywhere and I also use my thrusters to travel usually leaving me without them in gunfights. And really? Magnum > ar even in close range situations?

> 2533274983737624;4:
> > 2533274833600810;3:
> > Always use the pistol over the AR.
> > Save your Thruster for defensive maneuvers
> > Always push for power weapons unless it means certain death
> > Don’t sprint unless you know you can travel safely
> > Always take the BR when you get the chance
> > Learn the maps and the callouts for each area
> > Crouch-walk when trying to be sneaky (but not too much)
> > Get as good as possible with frag grenades
> > Don’t feel obligated to stay in a fight that isn’t going well, get out if things are going to end badly for you
> > Stay near teammates
> > When in combat, strafe and make yourself a harder target to hit
> > Experiment with ground pound, it can give you some very easy kills in the right moments
> > Don’t always rush out looking for action, sometimes its best to sit still and wait for an enemy to expose themself. This works best if you have a good view of the map.
> > Power Ups like Camo and Overshield are on 2 minute respawn timers so if you pick up Camo at 9:45, it’ll respawn at exactly 7:45.
> > ^Keeping track of this can give you an edge^
>
>
> Two of those are thing I’m actually struggling with. Typical I was a cod player. I know disgusting. And I’m used to sprinting everywhere and I also use my thrusters to travel usually leaving me without them in gunfights. And really? Magnum > ar even in close range situations?

Yeah you have to get used to walking around and being ready for a fight. Only sprint when you know you can get away with it. Same goes for Thrusters, save it for when you’re in combat if you can. Pistol is almost always better than the AR but in close range fights you might be better off with the AR. The AR is really good for when you have to reload the pistol and the enemy is closing in.

Switch to AR for close range engagements, but don’t leave it equipped. It’ll get you kills easier at close range until you get better control of your aim and mobility. And even then, it’s designed to be more effective than precision weapons at close range. So use it for that purpose. Otherwise, use the precision weapons as your main weapon, and pick them up whenever you have the opportunity.

Don’t use boost unless necessary so that it is available when you actually need it.

Don’t sprint everywhere.

Don’t rely on your radar.

Try to play as a team, even with random teammates. Don’t play lone wolf style.

> 2533274809541057;6:
> Don’t rely on your radar.

This is a huge one that I forgot. The radar isn’t useless but if you rely on it too much then you’re going to suffer for it.

Any other tips? Honestly I’d love some frag nade tips. I seem to suck with them but people wreck me with them.

> 2533274983737624;8:
> Any other tips? Honestly I’d love some frag nade tips. I seem to suck with them but people wreck me with them.

Add me if you want and we can play some Arena sometime. I’m no pro but I’ll do my best to teach you everything that I know.

• All guns are about range. You dont have to shoot when you first see someone, be patient.You have to get a REALLY good jump on someone, more so than previous Halo games.
  • If you have to listen for shots fired and start shooting enemy that is already engaged in a fight.
  • Use the pistol often at longer ranges (pistol is the secret to this game, get good at it)
  • Look for power ups and invisibility.
  • Its ok to hide for a minute to regain your energy.
  • Get to good areas that have a good vantage point and learn to shoot around corners.
  • Learn to hit your thruster when fired at. You can evade many battles with thruster. If they have the jump on you, leave the area.
  • Go slower than you think you should. Sprint will eat up your stamina.Edit: Nade tips, throw a nade where they are about to run to, then start firing at them. Its tricky at first but it works every time when you time it correctly.

> 2533274833600810;9:
> > 2533274983737624;8:
> > Any other tips? Honestly I’d love some frag nade tips. I seem to suck with them but people wreck me with them.
>
>
> Add me if you want and we can play some Arena sometime. I’m no pro but I’ll do my best to teach you everything that I know.

That would be appreciated to be honest. As long as you’re cool with slayer? Trying to avoid objective game types until I’m not a complete detriment to the team I’m out on I’m literally that inconsistent I say a silent apology for my team every game I play.

> 2533274983737624;11:
> > 2533274833600810;9:
> > > 2533274983737624;8:
> > > Any other tips? Honestly I’d love some frag nade tips. I seem to suck with them but people wreck me with them.
> >
> >
> > Add me if you want and we can play some Arena sometime. I’m no pro but I’ll do my best to teach you everything that I know.
>
>
> That would be appreciated to be honest. As long as you’re cool with slayer? Trying to avoid objective game types until I’m not a complete detriment to the team I’m out on I’m literally that inconsistent I say a silent apology for my team every game I play.

Any gametype is fine with me.

> 2533274833600810;12:
> > 2533274983737624;11:
> > > 2533274833600810;9:
> > > > 2533274983737624;8:
> > > > Any other tips? Honestly I’d love some frag nade tips. I seem to suck with them but people wreck me with them.
> > >
> > >
> > > Add me if you want and we can play some Arena sometime. I’m no pro but I’ll do my best to teach you everything that I know.
> >
> >
> > That would be appreciated to be honest. As long as you’re cool with slayer? Trying to avoid objective game types until I’m not a complete detriment to the team I’m out on I’m literally that inconsistent I say a silent apology for my team every game I play.
>
>
> Any gametype is fine with me.

What’s your gamertag?

> 2533274983737624;13:
> > 2533274833600810;12:
> > > 2533274983737624;11:
> > > > 2533274833600810;9:
> > > > > 2533274983737624;8:
> > > > > Any other tips? Honestly I’d love some frag nade tips. I seem to suck with them but people wreck me with them.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Add me if you want and we can play some Arena sometime. I’m no pro but I’ll do my best to teach you everything that I know.
> > >
> > >
> > > That would be appreciated to be honest. As long as you’re cool with slayer? Trying to avoid objective game types until I’m not a complete detriment to the team I’m out on I’m literally that inconsistent I say a silent apology for my team every game I play.
> >
> >
> > Any gametype is fine with me.
>
>
> What’s your gamertag?

It’s this one I’m posting with. ZoomGears99

> 2533274833600810;14:
> > 2533274983737624;13:
> > > 2533274833600810;12:
> > > > 2533274983737624;11:
> > > > > 2533274833600810;9:
> > > > > > 2533274983737624;8:
> > > > > > Any other tips? Honestly I’d love some frag nade tips. I seem to suck with them but people wreck me with them.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Add me if you want and we can play some Arena sometime. I’m no pro but I’ll do my best to teach you everything that I know.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That would be appreciated to be honest. As long as you’re cool with slayer? Trying to avoid objective game types until I’m not a complete detriment to the team I’m out on I’m literally that inconsistent I say a silent apology for my team every game I play.
> > >
> > >
> > > Any gametype is fine with me.
> >
> >
> > What’s your gamertag?
>
>
> It’s this one I’m posting with. ZoomGears99

Fair play I’ll add you when I’m on. Also this game has some of the worst spawns I have ever seen…

I’m also trying to git gud. Add im a k1tty cat and we can try to git gud together

Map awareness is my biggest obstacle to success. I know the callouts, power points and weapon spawns for each map. But I very often find myself running all over the map and dying.

Staying alive is just as important as getting kills. When I die like 13 or more times I know I’ve had a rough game. Everytime you spawn don’t just start sprinting till you run into a group of enemies, you always need to be asking yourself where is the opponent, do I have support, and what am I doing?

If if you go to twitch watch some players like Heinz snipedown or Roy. Listen to how they callout, what their teammates are saying and how they move around the map. Don’t judge your shot and skills based on what these guys do though. They rarely drop shots.

I am not very skilled at this game. I miss a lot of shots, but i use teammates, call out and try my best to be aware of what weapons are where and in whos posession. When I do well it’s usually mainly due to map control, not out shooting my opponents, I’m only a platinum casual player now. My skill days are way past me now but I still find ways to not be a complete liability…most of the time lol

> 2533274983737624;15:
> > 2533274833600810;14:
> > > 2533274983737624;13:
> > > > 2533274833600810;12:
> > > > > 2533274983737624;11:
> > > > > > 2533274833600810;9:
> > > > > > > 2533274983737624;8:
> > > > > > > Any other tips? Honestly I’d love some frag nade tips. I seem to suck with them but people wreck me with them.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Add me if you want and we can play some Arena sometime. I’m no pro but I’ll do my best to teach you everything that I know.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > That would be appreciated to be honest. As long as you’re cool with slayer? Trying to avoid objective game types until I’m not a complete detriment to the team I’m out on I’m literally that inconsistent I say a silent apology for my team every game I play.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Any gametype is fine with me.
> > >
> > >
> > > What’s your gamertag?
> >
> >
> > It’s this one I’m posting with. ZoomGears99
>
>
> Fair play I’ll add you when I’m on. Also this game has some of the worst spawns I have ever seen…

Yeah,
get used to being spawn killed, players are so competitive in halo and they quite often will know exactly where you are spawning. Another big reason to communicate and stick with your teammates.

believe it or not this halo is one of the better ones for spawns. Halo 2 I used to get spawn killed sometimes 4 times in row back to back. That was frustrating lol.

Kill enemies. Acquire REQ points.

Best way to improve is play the campaign. You can play on easy and get use to the controls and you get the chance to use most of the weapons a vehicles.

The theatre can give you a chance to see what went wrong use can also check out what other did and why they did better ?

Best tip is keep playing and enjoy a some point you’ll realize your not so bad and there other rubbish :slight_smile: