Any advice on how to play Colony?

What kind of opening builds would you guys recommend? Are skitterers kind of a must for him? Do you think Living Barrier is better? How would you rate his Goliaths as units? Is that Vehicle Symbiotes power a good one to get? Is he considered to be particularly good at endgame or in the beginning? I saw him win our awards for coolest HW2 leader and I want to play him.

Colony is unfortunately one of the worst leaders in the game, being banished and lacking army wiping leader powers really hurts him. If you really want to play colony then in terms of leader points go skitters, eng swarm, hunter’s brand, hunter’s brand 2, combat repair or devastating host depending on the scenario (normally dev host) and then after those 2 hunters brand 3. Goliaths arn’t great against unsc (snipers, jackrabbits destroy them) but arn’t bad against banished- sui grunts dont do much damage to them- but even then theyre a bit of a big investment for what they’re worth. If you get the goliath drop leader power it can wreck a base if you keep the army distracted elsewhere. Skitter engineers arn’t horrendous in team games (but again arn’t great) and them or goliaths are probably what you want to put skitters on early game. His early- mid game is poor against someone who knows how to shut down a goliath rush but late game upgraded hunters brand and dev host are quite handy. Vehicle symbiotes is a pretty rubbish leader power. Sorry I can’t be more positive but hope this helps.

I don’t have much time to post rn, but I will later!

Colony has a great AV leader, has a balance between offensive and defensive powers, is good at rushing, and is an all around better leader than most of the others. Playing against a colony player always tenses me up, I only get that feeling when fighting Serina or Pavium.

You can thank me for that Award victory.
Just kidding, nice to see a new Colony Main.
My favorite Leader.

I don’t know much in terms of opening builds but if I had to give an overall summery…

Strengths: (Besides being awesome Hunter leaders, so cool!!)

• Strong Late game with Combat Repair and Dev Host as well as upgraded Hunter’s Brand. - Very tough Hero in Hunter Captain when upgraded and using Skitts (They increase the health pool of hosting units) on it plus Combat Repair. Taunt ability can be very strong when used in proper timing and situations. - Overall very nice ways to have a slowly self-sustaining, bulky army that can be tough for enemies to push through in most cases. - Skitts are strong when paired with Hero, Scarabs or units with low attack ranges so Skitts can consistently provide firing support (i.e. Goliaths being melee) - Solid rush option with Goliaths and Engineer Swarm support. - Combining Dev Host and Colony Drop can reinforce a location with considerable bulk at a moment’s notice. Do note the enemies in the area.Weaknesses:

• Very poor mobility with stronger signature units such as Hero and Goliaths - Goliath rush and the unit itself struggles against UNSC and can be a detrimental hit or miss. - Goliaths fizzle out late game due to very Air/Vehicle orientated armies and their only upgrade doesn’t come until tech 3. - Skitts utilized in bulk to put on units is VERY supply intensive. Especially when trying to put two Skitts on one unit. - Moving your army with your Hero using All Units command severely hampers mobility of otherwise faster units that could respond to threats much more quickly. This is also an issue when trying to move your units in mass away from enemy leader powers. - Lack of good response options with no Teleport or other “agile” leader powers. Colony Drop and Dev Host can provide similar but overall poorer rolls in this regard.*As of around Xmas time Living Barrier has been temporarily raised in price to 1000sup/1000pwr for exploit fixing and thus, a strong early/late game area denial, time buying and defensive tool has been taken away; leaving Skitts as your only first choice. EDIT: As of Tuesday 1/16/18 this will be fixed.

Get Colony drop whenever you can in order to put damage on undefended bases. That LP alone can win you games. That’s my biggest piece of advice.

Use skitters on some weaker units that don’t have as much health and on your hero like use them on banshees and reavers or even elite rangers

So among the Banished Leaders, Colony would be ranked where? I’m not that good that the game. And playing at Plat 5 levels I doubt hero balance is something I need to fret all that much about. But I do kind of wonder about sticking with him if he is among the worst Leaders on the lesser faction

> 2716903703776124;1:
> What kind of opening builds would you guys recommend? Are skitterers kind of a must for him? Do you think Living Barrier is better? How would you rate his Goliaths as units? Is that Vehicle Symbiotes power a good one to get? Is he considered to be particularly good at endgame or in the beginning? I saw him win our awards for coolest HW2 leader and I want to play him.

I’ve played a decent amount of colony and I think I’m pretty competent with him. If you want to send me a message at GT: THEWALL766, ide love to spar with you and at least show you how I play.

Resign

The problem with colony atm is that everyone has figured out how to counter double-raid-camp-Goliath rush. In 3v3 party teams colony decent choice for opening choppers because of engineer swarm

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I feel like the col