Anti-Sprint Thread.

Sprint doesn’t belong in a Halo game, kill times in Halo games are longer than other FPSes where you kill them in under 1 second. In Halo Reach it was just used to run away from danger.

Plus, it made CQC weapons overpowered. If you are playing infection and you get a bultrue with a shotgun against a sprinting zombie, you will die half of the time. Why? because the player was moving at a good speed towards you+ the lunge, so even if you kill them, they manage to slice you up. I liked infection better when the zombies had a 150% run speed or something like that.

Sprint is really not necessary either, people think “oh well gameplay is slow without sprint”. Gameplay was much faster in Halo 3, 2, and CE when enemies wouldn’t have a speed boost which they would use to run away from you.

Can I get an Amen?

Its fine…but there isnt going to be AAs in Halo 4 so it doesnt matter.

sprint is fine…what’s wrong with you?

Sprint is fine. Bloom ain’t.

Reach is faster paced. I couldn’t believe it until like 8 friends that haven’t had their minds contaminated by the forums and its hate threads told me and I went back and played halo 3 myself. SO SLOW. My little brother got me to play a few games of Black Ops and 90% of the game was spent looking for people. SO SLOW.

I can’t believe it but Reach is the fastest paced FPS out there.

Sprint does annoy me sometimes when people run away, and If we can keep Reach’s fast pace whilst removing sprint then I’m game. I just get the feeling that won’t happen.

> I can’t believe it but Reach is the fastest paced FPS out there.

wut?

> sprint is fine…what’s wrong with you?

Sprint is fine when people don’t use it to be a wuss and run away. Sprint is fine when people don’t run up to you with a sword and kill you.

I like the way CQC weapons worked in other halo titles.

I see a lot of the fans of Halo want sprint back, well 343i, please nerf it, make it so if your shot at your sprint slows down. or something! no sword blocking crap please!

> Sprint is fine. Sluggish move speed to compensate for sprint ain’t.

Fixed.

> Its fine…but there isnt going to be AAs in Halo 4 so it doesnt matter.

A lot of fans want it back as a function.

> > Sprint is fine. Sluggish move speed to compensate for sprint ain’t.
>
> Fixed.

that too. I’d rather walk faster all the time instead of walking slowly.

> Reach is faster paced. I couldn’t believe it until like 8 friends that haven’t had their minds contaminated by the forums and its hate threads told me and I went back and played halo 3 myself. SO SLOW. My little brother got me to play a few games of Black Ops and 90% of the game was spent looking for people. SO SLOW.
>
> I can’t believe it but Reach is the fastest paced FPS out there.
>
> Sprint does annoy me sometimes when people run away, and If we can keep Reach’s fast pace whilst removing sprint then I’m game. I just get the feeling that won’t happen.

In Halo Reach you can find an enemy faster, yes. but once you find them you have to deal with them running away, using AL, jetpacking away, and evading from you if they are losing the firefight.

In Halo 3, if you wanted to win the firefight you were losing, you had to do things like toss a grenade for their feet and go for the head.

> In Halo Reach you can find an enemy faster, yes. but once you find them you have to deal with them running away, using AL, jetpacking away, and evading from you if they are losing the firefight.

I like the AAs for this very reason. I don’t believe the first shooter should win a firefight, I think the better shooter should win. If someone catches me by surprise, I can evade away to recharge my shield. Then, I’ll turn and confront them on my terms. If I got the drop on them, I don’t blame them for running away. If I am better than them, I can out shoot them again regardless of what they do to postpone their death.

> In Halo 3, if you wanted to win the firefight you were losing, you had to do things like toss a grenade for their feet and go for the head.

This option is actually more useful Reach, because the slow movement speed makes dodging grenades nearly impossible.

> > In Halo Reach you can find an enemy faster, yes. but once you find them you have to deal with them running away, using AL, jetpacking away, and evading from you if they are losing the firefight.
>
> I like the AAs for this very reason. I don’t believe the first shooter should win a firefight, I think the better shooter should win. If someone catches me by surprise, I can evade away to recharge my shield. Then, I’ll turn and confront them on my terms. If I got the drop on them, I don’t blame them for running away. If I am better than them, I can out shoot them again regardless of what they do to postpone their death.
>
> > In Halo 3, if you wanted to win the firefight you were losing, you had to do things like toss a grenade for their feet and go for the head.
>
> This option is actually more useful Reach, because the slow movement speed makes dodging grenades nearly impossible.

thats not suppsoed to be halo. halo is supposed to be a firefight…running away to gain advantage isn’t skillful, its just stupid IMO.

> > sprint is fine…what’s wrong with you?
>
> Sprint is fine when people don’t use it to be a wuss and run away. Sprint is fine when people don’t run up to you with a sword and kill you.
>
> I like the way CQC weapons worked in other halo titles.
>
> I see a lot of the fans of Halo want sprint back, well 343i, please nerf it, make it so if your shot at your sprint slows down. or something! no sword blocking crap please!

If you see someone running towards you with a sword, shoot them and they WILL slow down. Then when he gets ready to lunge, SWORD BLOCK. That’s the whole purpose of it. Bungie did the right thing and balanced the sword.

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!! ARMOUR ABILITIES ARE TERRIBLE!!! PLEASE BRING BACK HALO

> > Its fine…but there isnt going to be AAs in Halo 4 so it doesnt matter.
>
> A lot of fans want it back as a function.

No, we don’t.

> > > In Halo Reach you can find an enemy faster, yes. but once you find them you have to deal with them running away, using AL, jetpacking away, and evading from you if they are losing the firefight.
> >
> > I like the AAs for this very reason. I don’t believe the first shooter should win a firefight, I think the better shooter should win. If someone catches me by surprise, I can evade away to recharge my shield. Then, I’ll turn and confront them on my terms. If I got the drop on them, I don’t blame them for running away. If I am better than them, I can out shoot them again regardless of what they do to postpone their death.
> >
> > > In Halo 3, if you wanted to win the firefight you were losing, you had to do things like toss a grenade for their feet and go for the head.
> >
> > This option is actually more useful Reach, because the slow movement speed makes dodging grenades nearly impossible.
>
> thats not suppsoed to be halo. halo is supposed to be a firefight…running away to gain advantage isn’t skillful, its just stupid IMO.

THANK YOU!

> > > Its fine…but there isnt going to be AAs in Halo 4 so it doesnt matter.
> >
> > A lot of fans want it back as a function.
>
> No, we don’t.

i know peopl like you and me dont, but a lot of other people do which makes me unhappy

> > If someone catches me by surprise, I can evade away to recharge my shield. Then, I’ll turn and confront them on my terms. If I got the drop on them, I don’t blame them for running away. If I am better than them, I can out shoot them again regardless of what they do to postpone their death.
>
> thats not suppsoed to be halo. halo is supposed to be a firefight…running away to gain advantage isn’t skillful, its just stupid IMO.

Running away to gain an advantage is more tactical than skillful/not skillful. Also, it is stupid to die when I could live and outshoot them later. This is Halo, where we have always been able to take cover to recharge our shields. Go play COD if you think the first shooter should win because they shot first.

I don’t run from many firefights, only the ones I’m losing. That’s just common sense…

> > > If someone catches me by surprise, I can evade away to recharge my shield. Then, I’ll turn and confront them on my terms. If I got the drop on them, I don’t blame them for running away. If I am better than them, I can out shoot them again regardless of what they do to postpone their death.
> >
> > thats not suppsoed to be halo. halo is supposed to be a firefight…running away to gain advantage isn’t skillful, its just stupid IMO.
>
> Running away to gain an advantage is more tactical than skillful/not skillful. Also, it is stupid to die when I could live and outshoot them later. This is Halo, where we have always been able to take cover to recharge our shields. Go play COD if you think the first shooter should win because they shot first.
>
> I don’t run from many firefights, only the ones I’m losing. That’s just common sense…

Taking cover is 50 percent easier in Reach because now people can just sprint to it.