anti rushing

Are their any ways to deal with rushes in this game that aren’t simply rush your opponent harder? it seems like every 1v1 I play its either people building up gauss hogs or sending the brute chieftain straight into your base at the beginning of the match. Its just a huge downer to see everygame reduced to a two minute noobfest.

Depending on the rush, the best option is either defend, apply pressure before the rush/push/timing hits, or counter-attack.

Either defend or attack with hogs into tanks/wolves/hornets/flamers/spartans or with your leader and special units into hall/summit.

For example - a temple first brute its best to counter attack and spawn lock with hogs. A temple third, cross turret, upgraded chief brute rush, you’d want to defend with a fast tank + hogs or flamers / hogs and a dbomb or leader power to reduce the effectiveness of the chief/brutes. Once you push off his rush, expand and tech to tank/wolverine/gauss/hornet

Another example - Reactor 4th / 5th grenadier push - rush and trade hogs till he pops gren, then defend with turrets/gunner/eventually a tank.

A specific rush would be nice. A gauss push isn’t a rush - a gauss push will hit long after your rush will be over if you’re covy or after you have a tank as UNSC.

As a Brute you’d want to be rushing to force the hogs to fight you before gauss - if you kill all his hogs before he gets gauss, his push will be much weaker. Then transition into an upgraded chief, single pump of wraiths and brutes or wraiths+tech2.

As a UNSC you’d want to build your own gunner hogs and play offensively till he techs gren, or try and expand, if you aim to build tanks - trading hogs is good if you’re building a depo instead of 3 tech for gauss. Get tanks/grem and win.

Depends who it is and scouting.

You need to react quickly to what they’re building and one way to do that is to always scout. If you’re UNSC try to get scorpions as fast as possible if the enemy build warthogs.

On my first base I always go 4 supply pads 2 reactors and vehicle depot, on your next base you want to get a barracks for spartans.

If you play covenant (Like I do) get hunters. Try to predict where they might come from because of the warthogs get stuck on your hunters you’ll see them drop like flies. (Or use your leader ability, Arbiter is great)

As for UNSC all I can think of is to get flamers and do a distruption bomb plus ability (Mac, Carpet, Cryo) and then rush him with the flamers. (Don’t use UNSC much)

Get Jackals if you’re using covenant and flank them same way as you would with UNSC with out the abilities. So try to keep them out of sight and flank them from behind so if they try to escape they have to run into your units.

Can’t think of anything else really to add but hopefully this can help a bit.

You can also use your ability in time before the disruption bomb drops making it even more effective if you pull it off.

It was mostly just rushes in general I dont have much of a problem with warthog rushes when im covenant due to the cookie crisp defense or with bruterush when im unsc because I can counter with my hogs but it just seems like the whole game is decided in the first 3 minutes :confused: It just seems like the game was more fun when it was brand new and people didn’t all just constantly rush I guess Ill just have to get over it or play something else lol.

> It was mostly just rushes in general I dont have much of a problem with warthog rushes when im covenant due to the cookie crisp defense or with bruterush when im unsc because I can counter with my hogs but it just seems like the whole game is decided in the first 3 minutes :confused: It just seems like the game was more fun when it was brand new and people didn’t all just constantly rush I guess Ill just have to get over it or play something else lol.

Unfortunately, you’re a victim of playing at a lower TS base (I guess TS doesn’t count for anything now, but you get what I mean). Once you get HL, the games you play are determined in the mid-game (5-10mins) and sometimes even later than that, but certainly not the early-game. Sure, there are bad positions to be in coming out of the early-game, but the game is almost never lost at that point. This is because players at a certain level don’t make stupid mistakes anymore and it then comes down to both teams doing damage or defending in the early-game, it’s no longer about winning. Real HL players decide the game later on, when out-thinking/microing their opponents counts the most. The meat of Halo Wars is in the mid to late-game. But, until you get good enough, you’re stuck winning games as quickly as you can, that’s the fastest way to get to a higher level of players.

Sure, leaders like Anders snowball earlier then Forge or Cutter, but her lead tops off sooner as a trade-off. If you’re in the player-base that wins the game before 5 minutes, you’ve still got a long ways to go before you see Halo Wars at its best.

If you play long enough, it’s just end up becoming death match.

A handful of flamethrowers will just laugh at a non upgraded chieftain.

> A handful of flamethrowers will just laugh at a non upgraded chieftain.

Unless he vortexs or builds wraiths or banshees/brutes or brute/jackals

If you want to get over rushes, play 3v3. When I started doing this, games that were won or loss because of rushes dropped by a ton. Rushes do still happen at this level, but it is much easier to defend. In my opinion anyways.

Just don’t play 1v1’s then because thats all that is. Even games that last to the mid game aren’t going to be what you are looking for because whoever played best/damaged the most with their rush is usually going to be the winner.