Anti-Farming Ideas

So after a while of reading about people whining about farming, but never experiencing it myself, I finally did so today. It was your typical base rush early game. Group of 8 or so Spartans ran around together until they had all the bases. Normal stuff. I’m not even mad, I just think it can be fixed. Now, for the part where they started farming, I have some ideas for 343 to hopefully take into consideration, but will likely ignore.

Teleporters
Like back in the the days of Blood Gulch. When your core is vulnerable, teleporters open up in the landing pads in the back of your base that teleport you to

• Escape from A.R.C. - Mid Yard (In front of the garage, between the two armories) - Raid on Apex 7 - The Beach (Where Tankmaster Rok spawns) - March on Stormbreak - Cargo Dock (Where Captain Wamik spawns above) - Battle of Noctus - Underground Stairs (Where the Elite General spawns in the beginning of the match) - Skirmish at Darkstar - The Loading Bay (Where the first 25VP boss spawns in the beginning of the match)Boosted REQ Point Speed/Acquisition
    Seeing that your team’s core is vulnerable, the UNSC sends in extra firepower in an attempt to fend off the attackers. You earn REQ levels at double the rate (Maybe 1.5x) and your REQ points reload faster as well, maybe 1.25x the speed. This hopefully can give you the boost needed to fend off those 18 banshee’s flying around the base killing everyone in sight.

Base Turrets
When the core is vulnerable, turrets open out of capsules outside, they have a targeting laser that tracks Spartans and if they lock on, fire for a 1 hit kill. This prevents people camping in a single spot. They can be destroyed but after about a minute they auto-repair. As for the inside of the base, think Star Wars Battlefront 2, when you would board an enemy cruiser, there are turrets on the ceiling. Same situation with those. They fire Assault-Rifle rounds at enemies inside.

Brute Conquerors
50vp Boss, as well as 4 guards that run into the large base, (I.E: Garage, Monolith, Fortress, Spire) and can neutralize it, so no team owns it. Would need to be powerful enough that multiple spartans would be needed to take it down. Probably something like two brutes with Brute Plasma Rifles, the boss with a gravity hammer, and two with Carbines.

Guardian
After maybe 5 minutes of the core being exposed (can accumulate, doesn’t reset), a Guardian appears in the skybox of the map. It sends out of a pulse that EMP’s all attacking vehicles every 15 seconds. This one’s a bit much, I know, but I wanted an idea involving guardians.

What do you guys think? Like any of the ideas? Think they’re cancerous? Discussion is always welcome.

nice ideas you have, I like all of them except the guardian one and the brutes

The Brute Conqueror idea is interesting. I always thought the PvE element in Warzone was too small, and I like the idea of AI launching attacks that command a team’s attention in order to hold onto the base. It would draw some of the team off of the enemy core so the other team could try to regroup.

I think a good way to combat farming this is if you give the team’s whose core is vulnerable overshields like how they did in halo 4’s dominion

Play with friends. Communicate and you will be able to keep one base unless you really suck. Plus a fun one is if you can talk to most of your team is NOT to respawn. With no one to harvest the farmers will get bored!

the ideas are good along the lines of creativity. but warzone is a simulation. the only one that would benefit being in a fight simulation would be the AI bosses spawning in a base. all the other ones are almost handicaps which would defeat the purpose of training.

> 2535421972749089;5:
> Play with friends. Communicate and you will be able to keep one base unless you really suck. Plus a fun one is if you can talk to most of your team is NOT to respawn. With no one to harvest the farmers will get bored!

I personally don’t think that should be a solution though. Players should be encouraged to play, not sit in the respawn screen.

Here’s an idea. If people quit acting like every bad loss is farming, farming would disappear. Just like magic.

> 2535421972749089;5:
> Plus a fun one is if you can talk to most of your team is NOT to respawn. With no one to harvest the farmers will get bored!

I tried doing that when I actually had people on my team that were talking, but they didn’t listen. I only had 5 deaths while they all had 20-30+ deaths, lol.

> 2533274886531207;8:
> Here’s an idea. If people quit acting like every bad loss is farming, farming would disappear. Just like magic.

Not sure if you’re trying to imply that that was my intention with this post, but it isn’t. I’m actually in agreement with you, mostly, however. People tend to treat every single loss as if they were farmed. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a real thing, though.

> 2533274944388646;7:
> > 2535421972749089;5:
> > Play with friends. Communicate and you will be able to keep one base unless you really suck. Plus a fun one is if you can talk to most of your team is NOT to respawn. With no one to harvest the farmers will get bored!
>
>
> I personally don’t think that should be a solution though. Players should be encouraged to play, not sit in the respawn screen.

I understand that, but if everyone did it the farmers would give up. It would be completely controlled by players without 343 intervention which won’t happen.

I personally do the “just stop spawning” thing. Until the game forces me to spawn, that is. I don’t understand people’s weird pride that won’t let them just suck it up and take the loss to move on to the next game. Is losing in 19 minutes with 25 deaths better than losing in 13 minutes with 6 deaths? Not to me, but somehow I seem to be in the vast minority on that one.

Have a “defend the garage” kind of event happen that would take the opposing team a few minutes to take back with 5-7 people, reducing their core assault team by half.

Can you guys just quit complaining about this they said a small percent does this so they won’t look into it because it’s not a big problem they should be more concerned about fixing these awful servers

I’ve been “farmed” once for a couple minutes but I fought my way out and snuck out to capture a base. I think your ideas would help/make Warzone interesting.