Anti Cheat

Has a statement or comment been provided regarding what anti cheat 343 will be using? I know this has probably been talked about at length elsewhere, but it’s a huge concern for me, especially since the game will be free to play.

Yeah me too I’m really hoping it don’t get hacked or something not only would it ruin the game but the people playing would be at risk I just hope its secure I would like to hear what there doing to keep it safe and fun for everyone

I don’t think I’ve seen any public statements regarding anti-cheat for Infinite. I did however see a job posting for an online security position. That wasn’t the exact job title, I can’t remember the job title but in the description it referenced having experience building and deploying anti-cheat software.

Something else to consider is that Halo Infinite is on a brand new engine. This could mean cheat creators would need to make all new cheats to interact with the game. I also think their anti-cheat will be server side. Meaning any attempt to manipulate health, weapon damage, character speed, etc. will be compared to the static values on the server. If they values don’t match, you get caught cheating.

I do hope they release some information regarding Anti-Cheat. Not enough to give away any trade secrets on how it works, but enough information to let the community rest easy knowing cheaters won’t be running rampant like they do in Warzone.

Edit: Found this Blog Post

Michael talks briefly about anti-cheat:
"Michael VanKuipers: Thanks, Jeff! We knew from the start that delivering an awesome PC game meant taking cheating seriously, and we’re committing to doing it in a way that’s respectful to the experience of legitimate players. Our anti-cheat philosophy is to make cheating more difficult in ways that don’t involve kernel drivers or background services. We’ve done a lot of work securing the Slipspace engine and developing novel ways to protect and change the game to slow down cheat development. When people do cheat, we’re focused on catching them through their behavior and not from data that we’ve harvested from their machines. Combating cheaters is an ever-evolving arms race, but we’re making the tech investments needed today to continue the fight for years to come."

> 2533274938856878;3:
> I don’t think I’ve seen any public statements regarding anti-cheat for Infinite. I did however see a job posting for an online security position. That wasn’t the exact job title, I can’t remember the job title but in the description it referenced having experience building and deploying anti-cheat software.
>
> Something else to consider is that Halo Infinite is on a brand new engine. This could mean cheat creators would need to make all new cheats to interact with the game. I also think their anti-cheat will be server side. Meaning any attempt to manipulate health, weapon damage, character speed, etc. will be compared to the static values on the server. If they values don’t match, you get caught cheating.
>
> I do hope they release some information regarding Anti-Cheat. Not enough to give away any trade secrets on how it works, but enough information to let the community rest easy knowing cheaters won’t be running rampant like they do in Warzone.
>
> Edit: Found this Blog PostMichael talks briefly about anti-cheat:
> "Michael VanKuipers: Thanks, Jeff! We knew from the start that delivering an awesome PC game meant taking cheating seriously, and we’re committing to doing it in a way that’s respectful to the experience of legitimate players. Our anti-cheat philosophy is to make cheating more difficult in ways that don’t involve kernel drivers or background services. We’ve done a lot of work securing the Slipspace engine and developing novel ways to protect and change the game to slow down cheat development. When people do cheat, we’re focused on catching them through their behavior and not from data that we’ve harvested from their machines. Combating cheaters is an ever-evolving arms race, but we’re making the tech investments needed today to continue the fight for years to come."

This is somewhat concerning(ish). Obviously if reporting is easy in game and not awful like it is with MCC currently, then it might not be as bad. I understand the desire to be as un-intrusive as possible, however, this solution is what COD Warzone uses currently and we all know how thats going. Having cheats installed should not allow you even launch the game, but the only way to do that, I assume, is to use data from peoples machines. We’ll see how it goes I suppose.

> 2533274815900905;4:
> > 2533274938856878;3:
> > I don’t think I’ve seen any public statements regarding anti-cheat for Infinite. I did however see a job posting for an online security position. That wasn’t the exact job title, I can’t remember the job title but in the description it referenced having experience building and deploying anti-cheat software.
> >
> > Something else to consider is that Halo Infinite is on a brand new engine. This could mean cheat creators would need to make all new cheats to interact with the game. I also think their anti-cheat will be server side. Meaning any attempt to manipulate health, weapon damage, character speed, etc. will be compared to the static values on the server. If they values don’t match, you get caught cheating.
> >
> > I do hope they release some information regarding Anti-Cheat. Not enough to give away any trade secrets on how it works, but enough information to let the community rest easy knowing cheaters won’t be running rampant like they do in Warzone.
> >
> > Edit: Found this Blog PostMichael talks briefly about anti-cheat:
> > "Michael VanKuipers: Thanks, Jeff! We knew from the start that delivering an awesome PC game meant taking cheating seriously, and we’re committing to doing it in a way that’s respectful to the experience of legitimate players. Our anti-cheat philosophy is to make cheating more difficult in ways that don’t involve kernel drivers or background services. We’ve done a lot of work securing the Slipspace engine and developing novel ways to protect and change the game to slow down cheat development. When people do cheat, we’re focused on catching them through their behavior and not from data that we’ve harvested from their machines. Combating cheaters is an ever-evolving arms race, but we’re making the tech investments needed today to continue the fight for years to come."
>
> This is somewhat concerning(ish). Obviously if reporting is easy in game and not awful like it is with MCC currently, then it might not be as bad. I understand the desire to be as un-intrusive as possible, however, this solution is what COD Warzone uses currently and we all know how thats going. Having cheats installed should not allow you even launch the game, but the only way to do that, I assume, is to use data from peoples machines. We’ll see how it goes I suppose.

Warzone doesn’t have any anti-cheat, not even a third party anti-cheat like Easy Anti-Cheat. I think 343 is taking the correct path, as Kernal anit-cheats like Vanguard have come under heavy debate lately.

I think with Halo Infinite using a brand new engine, on top of 343 being fully aware of cheaters and implementing what sounds like a fairly robust anti-cheat that isn’t Kernal level is a great start. No game is 100% safe from cheaters, but I assume a majority of your games with be safe from cheaters witht he systems they have in place.

Also I’ve been seeing companies like Riot Games and Bungie teaming up to take cheating websites offline. That’s another solution to the problem of cheaters. Sue them to stop them.

They had a post regarding this… they asked for ideas… ppl chimed in… I also sent in a simple fix… whatever they built in idnk but the basic element of what prefaced was an existing system level check of the steam interface…

I commented an additional auto kick principle that, in short, if a player defies the physics outlined in the system like run speed, walking through walls, jumping height, then the player is automatically booted.

The only flaw is autoaim bots but… lemme think… ummm… I will let this one simmer.

> 2535411529096152;6:
> They had a post regarding this… they asked for ideas… ppl chimed in… I also sent in a simple fix… whatever they built in idnk but the basic element of what prefaced was an existing system level check of the steam interface…
>
> I commented an additional auto kick principle that, in short, if a player defies the physics outlined in the system like run speed, walking through walls, jumping height, then the player is automatically booted.
>
> The only flaw is autoaim bots but… lemme think… ummm… I will let this one simmer.

Do you have a link to this post?

> 2533274815900905;7:
> > 2535411529096152;6:
> > They had a post regarding this… they asked for ideas… ppl chimed in… I also sent in a simple fix… whatever they built in idnk but the basic element of what prefaced was an existing system level check of the steam interface…
> >
> > I commented an additional auto kick principle that, in short, if a player defies the physics outlined in the system like run speed, walking through walls, jumping height, then the player is automatically booted.
> >
> > The only flaw is autoaim bots but… lemme think… ummm… I will let this one simmer.
>
> Do you have a link to this post?

Sorry no