Another Weapons Tuning Update, Why?

So recently, in this weeks bulletin, they announced they are considering doing another weapons update for Halo 4. In my opinion, the weapons are perfect, and they don’t need to be “tuned” again. Am I the only one slightly worried about this, and what the new possible outcome of Halo 4 is going to be. Hopefully its just a small tune, and nothing huge like the summer update was. I’m hoping its just something small like a buff to the plasma pistol or something like that.

Maybe slightly decrease the BR’s RoF.

> So recently, in this weeks bulletin, they announced they are <mark>considering</mark> doing another weapons update for Halo 4. In my opinion, the weapons are perfect, and they don’t need to be “tuned” again. Am I the only one slightly worried about this, and what the new possible outcome of Halo 4 is going to be. Hopefully its just a small tune, and nothing huge like the summer update was. I’m hoping its just something small like a buff to the plasma pistol or something like that.

Fixed. Carry on. :slight_smile:

Perhaps…
-Slight decrease in RoF for the BR.
-Slight buff for the Suppressor.
-Decrease in Aim Assist for the Beam Rifle.
-Slight decrease of RRR for the DMR and LR.
-Slight buff to Boltshot. (kills in 9 shots)
-Rockethog turret does more damage.
-Plasma Grenades do less damage.

These are a few hopeful guesses.

> > So recently, in this weeks bulletin, they announced they are <mark>considering</mark> doing another weapons update for Halo 4. In my opinion, the weapons are perfect, and they don’t need to be “tuned” again. Am I the only one slightly worried about this, and what the new possible outcome of Halo 4 is going to be. Hopefully its just a small tune, and nothing huge like the summer update was. I’m hoping its just something small like a buff to the plasma pistol or something like that.
>
> Fixed. Carry on. :slight_smile:

Oh sorry, I didn’t see the “considering” part in the bulletin, you have my thanks.

Wait, did BS Angel just comment on my thread?!?

CELEBRATE!

I love cats.

Plasma Pistols primary fire still needs a damage buff, as does the Boltshots. The Plasma Pistols secondary fire could also do with a nerf.

> > So recently, in this weeks bulletin, they announced they are <mark>considering</mark> doing another weapons update for Halo 4. In my opinion, the weapons are perfect, and they don’t need to be “tuned” again. Am I the only one slightly worried about this, and what the new possible outcome of Halo 4 is going to be. Hopefully its just a small tune, and nothing huge like the summer update was. I’m hoping its just something small like a buff to the plasma pistol or something like that.
>
> Fixed. Carry on. :slight_smile:

I think it should be analyzed and considered more. I want another weapons update to make the weapons feel closer to perfect.

Beam rifle Nerf, concussion rifle buff the speed of target, lots of things that could be tweaked a bit. Plasma pistol too.

> So recently, in this weeks bulletin, they announced they are considering doing another weapons update for Halo 4. In my opinion, the weapons are perfect, and they don’t need to be “tuned” again. Am I the only one slightly worried about this, and what the new possible outcome of Halo 4 is going to be. Hopefully its just a small tune, and nothing huge like the summer update was. I’m hoping its just something small like a buff to the plasma pistol or something like that.

Buff Lightrifle, Suppressor and Storm Rifle, Add more recoil to the BR To make it more Balanced in-game. Carbine, AR and DMR Seem perfect. Also make the Boltshot killable with single fire instead of having to always charge it and Add paintball, the plasma pistol’s damage is natural

> Perhaps…
> -Slight decrease in RoF for the BR.
> -Slight buff for the Suppressor.
> -Decrease in Aim Assist for the Beam Rifle.
> -Slight decrease of RRR for the DMR and LR.
> -Slight buff to Boltshot. (kills in 9 shots)
> -Rockethog turret does more damage.
> -Plasma Grenades do less damage.
>
> These are a few hopeful guesses.

I like all of those suggestions. The only other thing I’d add is a reduction to the precision weapons AAA (auto-aim angle) like the automatics had. Maybe not a 50% reduction but something like 25%.

Actually, a couple of other things as well. I think the Plasma Pistol should have its homing ability nerfed severely but have the travel speed to be faster so it’s more about aiming and leading your target than letting it auto lock-on.

I also feel it should be a little stronger in terms of damage, like the Reach version.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why don’t you. . .

ADAPT?

I hope they bring back a bit of aim assist on the autos, paticuarly the suppressor and storm rifle. Those guns I use to like, but they are just too had to aim and use effectively. These lost their nitch to the assault rifle and just really need a buff to remain relavent.

make it so that the BR needs to have all shots fully hit in order to be a 4sk. Buff the DMR a little buff the LR a little buff the pp a lot buff the concussion rifle buff the grenades a little.

Or just leave it as is. I mean changing the game too much too often is a bit annoying. People take some time to get used to the sand box. Changing it all the time makes it so we need to relearn it all over and over again.

> Perhaps…
> -Slight decrease in RoF for the BR.
> Ok
>
> -Slight buff for the Suppressor.
> The only “buff” it needs is maybe a reduction in its spread. It kills fast as is.
>
> -Decrease in Aim Assist for the Beam Rifle.
> Ok
>
> -Slight decrease of RRR for the DMR and LR.
> Ok. I think it should be what the LR was originally.
>
> -Slight buff to Boltshot. (kills in 9 shots)
> No, its secondary function is a 1sk. The Boltshot has no buisness being buffed. If its secondary function is nerfed then I’m ok with its primary being buffed.
>
> -Rockethog turret does more damage.
> No, they’re pretty powerful as is.
>
> -Plasma Grenades do less damage.
> I see no problem with their current damage output.
>
> These are a few hopeful guesses.

> > Perhaps…
> > -Slight decrease in RoF for the BR.
> > Ok
> >
> > -Slight buff for the Suppressor.
> > The only “buff” it needs is maybe a reduction in its spread. It kills fast as is.
> >
> > I think thats what he meant by buff.
> > -Decrease in Aim Assist for the Beam Rifle.
> > Ok
> >
> > -Slight decrease of RRR for the DMR and LR.
> > Ok. I think it should be what the LR was originally.
> >
> > -Slight buff to Boltshot. (kills in 9 shots)
> > No, its secondary function is a 1sk. The Boltshot has no buisness being buffed. If its secondary function is nerfed then I’m ok with its primary being buffed.
> > Its encouraging you to use the single shot. And I think it should be nine shots to break shields. Not to mention the charge shot could have less magnetism.
> > -Rockethog turret does more damage.
> > No, they’re pretty powerful as is.
> >
> > -Plasma Grenades do less damage.
> > I see no problem with their current damage output.
> >
> > Except the fact that you can spawn with 3, which is enough to kill any vehicle. They should up each vehicle to take one more plasma grenade to kill.
> > These are a few hopeful guesses.

> > Perhaps…
> > -Slight decrease in RoF for the BR.
> > Ok
> >
> > -Slight buff for the Suppressor.
> > The only “buff” it needs is maybe a reduction in its spread. It kills fast as is.
> >
> > -Decrease in Aim Assist for the Beam Rifle.
> > Ok
> >
> > -Slight decrease of RRR for the DMR and LR.
> > Ok. I think it should be what the LR was originally.
> >
> > -Slight buff to Boltshot. (kills in 9 shots)
> > No, its secondary function is a 1sk. The Boltshot has no buisness being buffed. If its secondary function is nerfed then I’m ok with its primary being buffed.
> >
> > -Rockethog turret does more damage.
> > No, they’re pretty powerful as is.
> >
> > -Plasma Grenades do less damage.
> > I see no problem with their current damage output.
> >
> > These are a few hopeful guesses.

The Boltshot is already a 1sk the last thing we need is for it to be more versatile. If you are using a Boltshot in your loadout then you forfeit having a secondary weapon with decent single fire but gain being able to kill someone up close in one shot, that is balance. You don’t like that then the Magnum is your weapon and that’s that.

I’m glad 343 is looking to improve things. Their last weapons update proved to me that they can take a complex sandbox and make small, measured changes for maximum impact while not going overboard. It’s more balanced than ever, but nothing is ever perfect so I’m glad they look to improve things.

I’m with Pureey regarding plasma nades, BR, suppressor, and rocket hog. Especially suppressor… the other automatics have left it in the dust.

IMHO, we do not need another Weapons Tuning.

We need 343 to change the H4 host selection method from “Host History” to the way most other XBL games do it - which is measuring the connection of each player in a match and then picking the best one as host. Halo Reach uses this methodology and 5% of my BTB games are lagged by 0.5+ seconds - in H4 70% of my BTIS games are lagged by 0.5+ seconds.

Precision weapons with 0.5 to 5 seconds of lag 70% of the time make for horrible game play and a game that is zero fun to play.

Switching the host selection does not require an Xbox game change - it’s in the game set up servers that need to be changed.

And before I hear the 343 mantra “it’s your connection not H4” or “not enough players in the lobby”, I play Halo Reach (with 10% of the players in BTB that BTIS H4 has now) and never lag like H4 does - so the low population number excuse is Bogus. The same applies to COD II , GTA IV, Sonic and a few other multiplayer titles too. So this is an H4 issue.

> I hope they bring back a bit of aim assist on the autos, paticuarly the suppressor and storm rifle. Those guns I use to like, but they are just too had to aim and use effectively. These lost their nitch to the assault rifle and just really need a buff to remain relavent.

God no. While the two you mentioned can use some tweaking aim assist is not what need to be tweaked.

I really hope 343 doesn’t listen to any of these suggestions. All you people want is for them to buff every other weapon and nerf the BR so you don’t get destroyed every game. Every starting weapon already has its niche. The Lightrifle already destroys most other guns at range and suffers at close quarters. If you buff that, it’s gonna throw everything else off.

The only two reasonable things I could see them changing is to reduce the aim assist on both the beam rifle (especially when not zoomed in) and sniper rifle, and to make the boltshot not a 1sk.

Haha, you guys speak about a BR nerf?! Really? When we worked so hard to get 343i to give us a worth while BR to use?

Hah, that’s not going to happen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpqiq-FHDV4