Another update, still no BRs

Seriously, when will this game have BR starts in arena? I get that not everyone wants it, but a lot of people do. I’m not asking for it all the time, just in the rotation. Like, people like some maps that others dont, but they’re still in arena, so why can’t that be the same for BR starts? The pistol is okay, and I’m pretty good with it so it’s not for that reason, it just doesn’t feel right without using a precision mid / long range weapon, thats what I love about Halo.

If anyone tries to claim that the BR is too “easy”, you’re wrong. If everyone has a BR, it would be about skill to out BR someone who also has one. It’s only easy when one player has one and another doesn’t.

I do feel they should change the aiming on it though, make it not stick as much, that would really help it. I’d say it should be like H3 where the shots need to be lead, but I understand then they would have to change that for everything, so thats probably not realistic. But hey, bloom was changed on Reach for the better, so it’s not impossible to change the mechanics of weapons.

Play big team battle.

> 2533274973685362;2:
> Play big team battle.

What a stupid thing to say. I specified arena. I want them in a competitive environment. Not everyone likes big team y’know.

There is not much of a difference between the Br and pistol besides the range. 343i really wants a unified competive setting playable by pros and casuals alike. Maybe only for social slayer, but I can’t see Br starts coming to any ranked playlists.

BR starts lead to campy snooze fest matches.
H2 turned into nothing but BR starts.
H3 turned into nothing but BR starts.
Reach turned into nothing but DMR starts.
H4 turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
HMCC turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
We have had a decade of nothing but BR/DMR…
NO BR STARTS EVER AGAIN!

I disagree, i think the current team arena playlist is fine as it is. BR starts would not suit the size of most maps at all.

Also they originally had BR starts and replaced them with pistols because it turned into people standing at either end of the map shooting across. Not great for a competitive environment.

> 2533274839169051;5:
> BR starts lead to campy snooze fest matches.
> H2 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> H3 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> Reach turned into nothing but DMR starts.
> H4 turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> HMCC turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> We have had a decade of nothing but BR/DMR…
> NO BR STARTS EVER AGAIN!

Look how many of those games are better than 5…

> 2533274989334266;6:
> I disagree, i think the current team arena playlist is fine as it is. BR starts would not suit the size of most maps at all.
>
> Also they originally had BR starts and replaced them with pistols because it turned into people standing at either end of the map shooting across. Not great for a competitive environment.

I just don’t remember it being like that though. I played a hell of a lot of the beta, and I was very impressed when it was BR starts, I thought it was really fun. It was disappointing when it wasn’t there on release

> 2533274800888001;8:
> > 2533274989334266;6:
> > I disagree, i think the current team arena playlist is fine as it is. BR starts would not suit the size of most maps at all.
> >
> > Also they originally had BR starts and replaced them with pistols because it turned into people standing at either end of the map shooting across. Not great for a competitive environment.
>
>
> I just don’t remember it being like that though. I played a hell of a lot of the beta, and I was very impressed when it was BR starts, I thought it was really fun. It was disappointing when it wasn’t there on release

I remember the Br starts… They were not well suited for the maps. Truth became very difficult to navigate without getting cross map 4 shotted. Pistols and Ar starts are well balanced.

Maybe Brs in social slayer, but none should be in ranked.

> 2717573882290912;9:
> > 2533274800888001;8:
> > > 2533274989334266;6:
> > > I disagree, i think the current team arena playlist is fine as it is. BR starts would not suit the size of most maps at all.
> > >
> > > Also they originally had BR starts and replaced them with pistols because it turned into people standing at either end of the map shooting across. Not great for a competitive environment.
> >
> >
> > I just don’t remember it being like that though. I played a hell of a lot of the beta, and I was very impressed when it was BR starts, I thought it was really fun. It was disappointing when it wasn’t there on release
>
>
> I remember the Br starts… They were not well suited for the maps. Truth became very difficult to navigate without getting cross map 4 shotted. Pistols and Ar starts are well balanced. You use Truth as an example, well, in Halo 3’s Heretic, the BR aim didn’t stick across map because it was too far
>
> Maybe Brs in social slayer, but none should be in ranked.

Well this is where the BR itself should be changed. The range should be lessened. Remember on H3 when if they werent in range it took a lot of precision to hit someone with it? Tweak it so its primarily mid range, not as much long range, and I think it works.

BR starts in Halo 5’s Arena would kill off the Arena’s current population within a week just like the Beta’s BR start week and BR/AR week did.

> 2533274800888001;7:
> > 2533274839169051;5:
> > BR starts lead to campy snooze fest matches.
> > H2 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> > H3 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> > Reach turned into nothing but DMR starts.
> > H4 turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> > HMCC turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> > We have had a decade of nothing but BR/DMR…
> > NO BR STARTS EVER AGAIN!
>
>
> Look how many of those games are better than 5…

Lol I only see 2

Just get good with the pistol.

> 2533274792306454;13:
> Just get good with the pistol.

I am good with the pistol

> 2533274800888001;3:
> > 2533274973685362;2:
> > Play big team battle.
>
>
> What a stupid thing to say. I specified arena. I want them in a competitive environment. Not everyone likes big team y’know.

BTB is in Arena…

Either way, there are plenty of BRs all over the place and they spawn really quickly. I honestly don’t see a need for BR starts. But maybe 343 can throw in a social playlist and test the waters and see how people react. If it’s positive, -Yoink- it throw it in a ranked playlist.

> 2533274800888001;7:
> > 2533274839169051;5:
> > BR starts lead to campy snooze fest matches.
> > H2 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> > H3 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> > Reach turned into nothing but DMR starts.
> > H4 turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> > HMCC turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> > We have had a decade of nothing but BR/DMR…
> > NO BR STARTS EVER AGAIN!
>
>
> Look how many of those games are better than 5…

None of them in my opinion.

> 2533274800888001;10:
> > 2717573882290912;9:
> > > 2533274800888001;8:
> > > > 2533274989334266;6:
> > > > I disagree, i think the current team arena playlist is fine as it is. BR starts would not suit the size of most maps at all.
> > > >
> > > > Also they originally had BR starts and replaced them with pistols because it turned into people standing at either end of the map shooting across. Not great for a competitive environment.
> > >
> > >
> > > I just don’t remember it being like that though. I played a hell of a lot of the beta, and I was very impressed when it was BR starts, I thought it was really fun. It was disappointing when it wasn’t there on release
> >
> >
> > I remember the Br starts… They were not well suited for the maps. Truth became very difficult to navigate without getting cross map 4 shotted. Pistols and Ar starts are well balanced. You use Truth as an example, well, in Halo 3’s Heretic, the BR aim didn’t stick across map because it was too far
> >
> > Maybe Brs in social slayer, but none should be in ranked.
>
>
> Well this is where the BR itself should be changed. The range should be lessened. Remember on H3 when if they werent in range it took a lot of precision to hit someone with it? Tweak it so its primarily mid range, not as much long range, and I think it works.

Why would 343 change the balance of their game just for you? This might be one of the most self centered post I’ve seen on these forums yet.

> 2533274816299345;16:
> > 2533274800888001;7:
> > > 2533274839169051;5:
> > > BR starts lead to campy snooze fest matches.
> > > H2 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> > > H3 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> > > Reach turned into nothing but DMR starts.
> > > H4 turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> > > HMCC turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> > > We have had a decade of nothing but BR/DMR…
> > > NO BR STARTS EVER AGAIN!
> >
> >
> > Look how many of those games are better than 5…
>
>
> Non of them in my opinion.

I see possibly one. And even that one (H3) turned into a MLG BR Camper snoozefest before long.
OP, if you want pinpoint shots and range, use your pistol. You want BR specifically, pick one up – they’re almost always within 5 seconds of a spawn point. Or play Big Team. Arena is perfectly competitive without dedicated BRs. You’re welcome to your own opinion, but stop whingeing and become aggressive when you see that very few people agree with you.

> 2533274800888001;7:
> > 2533274839169051;5:
> > BR starts lead to campy snooze fest matches.
> > H2 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> > H3 turned into nothing but BR starts.
> > Reach turned into nothing but DMR starts.
> > H4 turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> > HMCC turned into nothing but BR/DMR starts.
> > We have had a decade of nothing but BR/DMR…
> > NO BR STARTS EVER AGAIN!
>
>
> Look how many of those games are better than 5…

I only see two of them.

I agree and disagree, the beta had BR starts after the first week and it didn’t play as well as AR Pistol starts. However it would be nice to mix things up a bit and maybe put BR gametypes into matchmaking with low weighting.