Another "Two sided story"

I don’t know about you guys/gals, but I thought it was epic to Play as both Master Chief, and the Arbiter in Halo 2. So what if returns in Halo Xbox one? From what we see so far, I kinda doubt it, but still. We could be one of Jul’s Assasins, and we get sent on special tasks. We Fight spartans, and Thel Va’dam’s fleet. It would cool. Cuz Chief is rouge. Maybe to keep the story interesting. Or, just do this with spartan ops. A Two sided Spartan Ops story.

Your Thoughts?

First of all, nothing says that the Master Chief has gone rogue.

But yeah, I would love to see a two-sided campaign like in Halo 2, since it has the potential to add so much more depth into the story, as happened in Halo 2. However, rather than playing as another Elite, it’d be nice to play as the Didact. 343 Industries could use that as a way to explain his backstory and motivations, since they did a terrible job at doing so in Halo 4. I mean, how else could they explain the Human-Forerunner and Forerunner-Flood wars to those who haven’t read the books?

And what about the existance of two different Didacts? Since Silentium hints at the idea that there are other Forerunners who survived the war, including the Iso-Didact, it would be very important to explain their existence. And if theories regarding Mendicant Bias appearing in the next Halo game are true, it would be essential to show who he is as well.

I would love that

Chief is not going to go rogue I’m sure 343 is more creative than that, but yes we do need another Elite perspective and another dual campaign. I would love to fight Covenant and Human alike through a Sangheili outlook, preferably on Sanghelios. This would be a great opportunity for 343 to answer some questions people have about the post war Sangheili as well as give Halo’s Campaign more dimensions.

Not sure if I’d want chunks of the Campaign eaten away by separate settings, but maybe Interactive Terminals that would be playable missions instead of cutscenes.

> Not sure if I’d want chunks of the Campaign eaten away by separate settings, but maybe Interactive Terminals that would be playable missions instead of cutscenes.

While I absolutely love this idea, it does have one big problem. Some less knowledgeable playing might not find the Terminals, or they might not find them all, so important aspects of the story could be missing.

One way that it could work, if we have a flashback onto the Didact’s past, is to have these Terminals work the same way as the Altair sections in Assassin’s Creed : Revelations. Make it so the Chief finds these terminals and sees what’s happening as a flashback that the player controls.

No. It would feel like 343 can’t think of anything new so they’d have to draw from Halo 2. Furthermore, if we were actually doing this, we shouldn’t be doing it through a Covenant perspective for the same reason.

Besides, we already saw the Covenant point of view perfectly in Halo 2. I don’t really see a need to revisit it through an Elite’s eyes again. Maybe MC could take a trip to Sanghelios though. That would work.

> I don’t know about you guys/gals, but I thought it was epic to Play as both Master Chief, and the Arbiter in Halo 2. So what if returns in Halo Xbox one? From what we see so far, I kinda doubt it, but still. We could be one of Jul’s Assasins, and we get sent on special tasks. We Fight spartans, and Thel Va’dam’s fleet. It would cool. Cuz Chief is rouge. Maybe to keep the story interesting. Or, just do this with spartan ops. A Two sided Spartan Ops story.
>
> Your Thoughts?

How come everyone talks about having the Arbiter show up next game?

> Not sure if I’d want chunks of the Campaign eaten away by separate settings, but maybe Interactive Terminals that would be playable missions instead of cutscenes.

This is a great idea. It would add replay value to players that haven’t found all the terminals. I think that they should also add a scoring system like they did in Reach and Halo 3