Another Sprint Thread. Why does Halo need it?

Halo never had Sprint until Reach. Bungie tried Sprint with Reach but (obviously) it didn’t work. Why should Halo 4 have Sprint if it is a mechanic that doesn’t work with Halo?

Reason why Sprint is bad:

• Sprint is a crutch for bad players. It gives them an easy way out of situations they can’t handle.

• Sprint lowers the default movement speed. Movement speed with sprint is sluggish. (Unless, 343i wants to creates super sprint lol).

• Small maps don’t work well with sprint.

• Sprint has never been in Halo (before Reach ofcourse), so why would Halo need it now? It would be like adding sprint to counter-strike. It just doesn’t work.

Maybe include AAs in Campaign but please 343i, do not include sprint in Halo 4 multiplayer.

> Halo never had Sprint until Reach. Bungie tried Sprint with Reach but (obviously) it didn’t work. Why should Halo 4 have Sprint if it is a mechanic that doesn’t work with Halo?
>
>
> Reason why Sprint is bad:
>
> - Sprint is a crutch for bad players. It gives them an easy way out of situations they can’t handle. So basically bad players aren’t allowed a fighting chance? If a player feels he is outmatched then he has the right to flee, just as you could sprint after him. Hell, if you’re so good then a sprinting target shouldn’t be much trouble to deal with.
>
> - Sprint lowers the default movement speed. (Unless, 343i wants to creates super sprint lol). No arguments here.
>
> - Small maps don’t work well with sprint. Don’t sprint on small maps then. Personally I prefer large maps.
>
> - Sprint has never been in Halo (before Reach ofcourse), so why would Halo need it now? It would be like adding sprint to counter-strike. It just doesn’t work. If a game series does not evolve it will eventually fail.
>
> Maybe include AAs in Campaign but please 343i, do not include sprint in Halo 4 multiplayer.

My opinion. Feel free to disagree.

> If a game series does not evolve it will eventually fail.

Yes, but a basic of evolution is the fact that you will only evolve with things that you need/will be good for you.

Adding sprint to halo is like an elephant evolving to have 4 more eyes…inside it’s butt.

> > Halo never had Sprint until Reach. Bungie tried Sprint with Reach but (obviously) it didn’t work. Why should Halo 4 have Sprint if it is a mechanic that doesn’t work with Halo?
> >
> >
> > Reason why Sprint is bad:
> >
> > - Sprint is a crutch for bad players. It gives them an easy way out of situations they can’t handle. So basically bad players aren’t allowed a fighting chance? If a player feels he is outmatched then he has the right to flee, just as you could sprint after him. Hell, if you’re so good then a sprinting target shouldn’t be much trouble to deal with.
> >
> > - Sprint lowers the default movement speed. (Unless, 343i wants to creates super sprint lol). No arguments here.
> >
> > - Small maps don’t work well with sprint. Don’t sprint on small maps then. Personally I prefer large maps.
> >
> > - Sprint has never been in Halo (before Reach ofcourse), so why would Halo need it now? It would be like adding sprint to counter-strike. It just doesn’t work. If a game series does not evolve it will eventually fail.
> >
> > Maybe include AAs in Campaign but please 343i, do not include sprint in Halo 4 multiplayer.
>
> My opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Without sprint players must be smart and cannot make stupid decisions. With sprint, well, you can just sprint out of any trouble. How is something that gives a player “an easy way out” a good thing?

And the series can evolve in other ways. Not, with bad mechanics.

> Halo never had Sprint until Reach. Bungie tried Sprint with Reach but (obviously) it didn’t work. Why should Halo 4 have Sprint if it is a mechanic that doesn’t work with Halo?
>
>
> Reason why Sprint is bad:
>
> - Sprint is a crutch for bad players. It gives them an easy way out of situations they can’t handle.
> Overshields, Bubble Shields, Active Camo etc come under the same definition. They allow bad players to survive. This proved nothing.
>
> - Sprint lowers the default movement speed. Movement speed with sprint is sluggish. (Unless, 343i wants to creates super sprint lol). Assumption.
>
> - Small maps don’t work well with sprint.
> That doesn’t mean it needs to be removed from the game completely.
>
> - Sprint has never been in Halo (before Reach ofcourse), so why would Halo need it now? It would be like adding sprint to counter-strike. It just doesn’t work.
> The BR wasn’t in Halo until Halo 2, why does Halo need it? Neither were a lot of features such as Forge, Theater, Firefight etc. The last sentence is pure opinion.
>
> Maybe include AAs in Campaign but please 343i, do not include sprint in Halo 4 multiplayer.

So basically, instead of playing in the classic play lists or play lists without sprint, you want to ruin everyone’s fun and get rid of it completely?

Selfish, like most of the people in this forum.

> > > Halo never had Sprint until Reach. Bungie tried Sprint with Reach but (obviously) it didn’t work. Why should Halo 4 have Sprint if it is a mechanic that doesn’t work with Halo?
> > >
> > >
> > > Reason why Sprint is bad:
> > >
> > > - Sprint is a crutch for bad players. It gives them an easy way out of situations they can’t handle. So basically bad players aren’t allowed a fighting chance? If a player feels he is outmatched then he has the right to flee, just as you could sprint after him. Hell, if you’re so good then a sprinting target shouldn’t be much trouble to deal with.
> > >
> > > - Sprint lowers the default movement speed. (Unless, 343i wants to creates super sprint lol). No arguments here.
> > >
> > > - Small maps don’t work well with sprint. Don’t sprint on small maps then. Personally I prefer large maps.
> > >
> > > - Sprint has never been in Halo (before Reach ofcourse), so why would Halo need it now? It would be like adding sprint to counter-strike. It just doesn’t work. If a game series does not evolve it will eventually fail.
> > >
> > > Maybe include AAs in Campaign but please 343i, do not include sprint in Halo 4 multiplayer.
> >
> > My opinion. Feel free to disagree.
>
> Without sprint players must be smart and cannot make stupid decisions. With sprint, well, you can just sprint out of any trouble. How is something that gives a player “an easy way out” a good thing?
>
> And the series can evolve in other ways. Not, with bad mechanics.

And? You can use sprint to run away. Big deal. You can also use sprint to run after someone.

It is called a strategy, a tactic. Enough of this whoever shoots first wins and no one should be given a chance.

Running away also occurs without sprint, do you want the Spartan to be immobile while being shot? Have you ever thought that running away is actually used by both casual and competitive players alike?

That if you can’t confirm the kill, you don’t deserve it?

> > If a game series does not evolve it will eventually fail.
>
> Yes, but a basic of evolution is the fact that you will only evolve with things that you need/will be good for you.
>
> Adding sprint to halo is like an elephant evolving to have 4 more eyes…inside it’s butt.

If there is this much commotion over one little change in multiplayer (Which people are really taking too seriously and into too much detail), then I really don’t see the Halo franchise ever evolving… ever. How can it evolve if it’s limited to adding tiny things that won’t affect the ‘classic’ feeling.

Sprint is a great addition to Halo, especially for Invasion and BTB, and I’m glad 343 implemented it into Halo 4