Another sprint poll everybody!

I know there are alot of polls/threads/videos about sprint on why it’s bad, close to none about why it’s good. And the poll 343i put out where only 11% voted sprint out looks like it’s rigged from my point of view so I thought why not make a poll open for EVERYBODY in the community (and outside) instead of ONLY letting selected US people participate?

inb4 “This has been done plenty of times OP, this is just stupid and so are you hurr durr sprint war thread”

I don’t see the point of sprint. Seriously, make the movement speed a little bit faster and the maps smaller. You will have all the action you can fathom right there. But 343 is obsessed with sprint. On the midship remake on H5, they literally stretched the map out just so it could work with sprint. It isn’t necessary. On a brighter note, I love ledge grabbing from the H5 beta.

> 2533274973578898;2:
> I don’t see the point of sprint. Seriously, make the movement speed a little bit faster and the maps smaller. You will have all the action you can fathom right there. But 343 is obsessed with sprint. On the midship remake on H5, they literally stretched the map out just so it could work with sprint. It isn’t necessary. On a brighter note, I love ledge grabbing from the H5 beta.

I agree with your point on sprint but not entierly on clamber. IT makes crouch jumping/trick jumping obcelete because you can get up everywhere with no effort whatsoever.

This poll is kind of pointless as we all know sprint is staying and only people on the forums can vote which is not a great number of people so this is worse than the poll 343 produced sorry OP and we already know we are getting the 3rd option anyway with customs anyway.

I have been playing Halo since Halo 2 on original Xbox and I am all for sprint. Not being able to sprint I felt held the game play back a little. I love the fast game play sprint gives you. Sorry if others are talented enough to get the kill when others can sprint.

> 2535415904697909;4:
> This poll is kind of pointless as we all know sprint is staying and only people on the forums can vote which is not a great number of people so this is worse than the poll 343 produced sorry OP and we already know we are getting the 3rd option anyway with customs anyway.

But are you really going to be satisfied with that? Having it as an option which leads to the comunity to be split up even more than it already is? Why give up on your standpoint instead of making it more valid and well explained so others join to get the result you wish to have?

The answer to this is …83% (:

I know the won’t change sprint but I love how the numbers change when you make it a fair poll.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> I have been playing Halo since Halo 2 on original Xbox and I am all for sprint. Not being able to sprint I felt held the game play back a little. I love the fast game play sprint gives you. Sorry if others are talented enough to get the kill when others can sprint.

I’m starting to think these types of people are either just trolls or bots from 343.

> 2533274843463464;6:
> > 2535415904697909;4:
> > This poll is kind of pointless as we all know sprint is staying and only people on the forums can vote which is not a great number of people so this is worse than the poll 343 produced sorry OP and we already know we are getting the 3rd option anyway with customs anyway.
>
>
> But are you really going to be satisfied with that? Having it as an option which leads to the comunity to be split up even more than it already is? Why give up on your standpoint instead of making it more valid and well explained so others join to get the result you wish to have?

Personally yes I am satisfied having played every Halo from CE to 4 and the Beta I am glad sprint is staying don’t get me wrong I love playing Halo 1-3 again in the MCC but whenever I play those games while fun it feels as if something is missing because it takes/feels like it takes an age to get to my destination. Sprint in my opinion is good for the game.

> 2533274846700578;9:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > I have been playing Halo since Halo 2 on original Xbox and I am all for sprint. Not being able to sprint I felt held the game play back a little. I love the fast game play sprint gives you. Sorry if others are talented enough to get the kill when others can sprint.
>
>
> I’m starting to think these types of people are either just trolls or bots from 343.

Why just because someone has a different opinion to you? get over yourself, both sides deserve to be respected and both opinions count for the same amount.

> 2535415904697909;11:
> > 2533274846700578;9:
> > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > I have been playing Halo since Halo 2 on original Xbox and I am all for sprint. Not being able to sprint I felt held the game play back a little. I love the fast game play sprint gives you. Sorry if others are talented enough to get the kill when others can sprint.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m starting to think these types of people are either just trolls or bots from 343.
>
>
>
> Why just because someone has a different opinion to you? get over yourself, both sides deserve to be respected and both opinions count for the same amount.

There is such a thing as an uneducated or ignorant opinion.

Just because you can sprint doesn’t mean it actually makes the gameplay “faster”. It’s actually quite the contrary, mainly because it’s a highly defensive ability rather than an offensive one. CE and H2 were by far the fastest-paced Halos ever. That isn’t even a contest.

You’re not actually getting from point A to point B any faster, as the maps (and the whole rest of the game) are designed around sprint. They are stretched to compensate for them.

It’s merely a placebo to make you “feel” faster, because CoD players and younger kids like it and want multiplayer to be “immersive”, even if it’s just the illusion of immersion and harmful to the overall balance and sandbox of the game. It’s only in the game to sell launch copies. It’s the majority, at least according to 343’s (biased) poll.

This has been discussed and explained TO DEATH. It just amazes me that people still don’t understand or even know about this concept.

> 2535415904697909;10:
> > 2533274843463464;6:
> > > 2535415904697909;4:
> > > This poll is kind of pointless as we all know sprint is staying and only people on the forums can vote which is not a great number of people so this is worse than the poll 343 produced sorry OP and we already know we are getting the 3rd option anyway with customs anyway.
> >
> >
> >
> > But are you really going to be satisfied with that? Having it as an option which leads to the comunity to be split up even more than it already is? Why give up on your standpoint instead of making it more valid and well explained so others join to get the result you wish to have?
>
>
> Personally yes I am satisfied having played every Halo from CE to 4 and the Beta I am glad sprint is staying don’t get me wrong I love playing Halo 1-3 again in the MCC but whenever I play those games while fun it feels as if something is missing because it takes/feels like it takes an age to get to my destination. Sprint in my opinion is good for the game.

Your destination is actually further in the sprint-based Halos. It’s just that you have the sprint ability in those games, meaning you get there just as fast as in classic Halos…

> 2533274846700578;12:
> > 2535415904697909;11:
> > > 2533274846700578;9:
> > > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > > I have been playing Halo since Halo 2 on original Xbox and I am all for sprint. Not being able to sprint I felt held the game play back a little. I love the fast game play sprint gives you. Sorry if others are talented enough to get the kill when others can sprint.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m starting to think these types of people are either just trolls or bots from 343.
> >
> >
> >
> > Why just because someone has a different opinion to you? get over yourself, both sides deserve to be respected and both opinions count for the same amount.
>
>
> There is such a thing as an uneducated or ignorant opinion.
>
> Just because you can sprint doesn’t mean it actually makes the gameplay “faster”. It’s actually quite the contrary, mainly because it’s a highly defensive ability rather than an offensive one. CE and H2 were by far the fastest-paced Halos ever. That isn’t even a contest.
>
> You’re not actually getting from point A to point B any faster, as the maps (and the whole rest of the game) are designed around sprint. They are stretched to compensate for them.
>
> It’s merely a placebo to make you “feel” faster, because CoD players and younger kids like it and want multiplayer to be “immersive”, even if it’s just the illusion of immersion. It’s only in the game to sell launch copies. It’s the majority, at least according to 343’s (biased) poll.
>
> This has been discussed and explained TO DEATH. It just amazes me that people still don’t understand or even know about this concept.

Yeah It has been discussed to death and it needs to stop sprint is staying. Also it may only be a placebo but it works I still love Halo 1-3 the gameplay is great but they do feel outdated and like something is missing the feel very slow to maneuver around the maps sprint fixes this bring the games upto date and adds a new lease off life into the Halo franchise.

Now I was not allowed to vote in the poll but I would have voted for sprint because I feel it does actually add to the game. At the same time however I would have been fine if Halo 5 had no sprint because I love any FPS Halo in general. Halo 4 had problems but sprint was never an issue for me atleast, it was armour abilities that were the problem. Halo 4 in the MCC actually plays very well with sprint because the armour abilities have been removed. Sorry for a slight ramble in the middle there but going back to my first sentence I would have been okay with no sprint because the game is still very good but at the same time disappointed.

> 2533274846700578;13:
> > 2535415904697909;10:
> > > 2533274843463464;6:
> > > > 2535415904697909;4:
> > > > This poll is kind of pointless as we all know sprint is staying and only people on the forums can vote which is not a great number of people so this is worse than the poll 343 produced sorry OP and we already know we are getting the 3rd option anyway with customs anyway.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > But are you really going to be satisfied with that? Having it as an option which leads to the comunity to be split up even more than it already is? Why give up on your standpoint instead of making it more valid and well explained so others join to get the result you wish to have?
> >
> >
> >
> > Personally yes I am satisfied having played every Halo from CE to 4 and the Beta I am glad sprint is staying don’t get me wrong I love playing Halo 1-3 again in the MCC but whenever I play those games while fun it feels as if something is missing because it takes/feels like it takes an age to get to my destination. Sprint in my opinion is good for the game.
>
>
> Your destination is actually further in the sprint-based Halos. It’s just that you have the sprint ability in those games, meaning you get there just as fast as in classic Halos…

I think you missing the point it may only be a placebo effect but it works, without spint the older Halo games do feel very outdated and slow in terms of movement.

No matter how much this is debated, sprint can already be turned on or off. If you don’t like it, don’t hit the sprint button.

> 2535415904697909;15:
> > 2533274846700578;13:
> > > 2535415904697909;10:
> > > > 2533274843463464;6:
> > > > > 2535415904697909;4:
> > > > > This poll is kind of pointless as we all know sprint is staying and only people on the forums can vote which is not a great number of people so this is worse than the poll 343 produced sorry OP and we already know we are getting the 3rd option anyway with customs anyway.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > But are you really going to be satisfied with that? Having it as an option which leads to the comunity to be split up even more than it already is? Why give up on your standpoint instead of making it more valid and well explained so others join to get the result you wish to have?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Personally yes I am satisfied having played every Halo from CE to 4 and the Beta I am glad sprint is staying don’t get me wrong I love playing Halo 1-3 again in the MCC but whenever I play those games while fun it feels as if something is missing because it takes/feels like it takes an age to get to my destination. Sprint in my opinion is good for the game.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Your destination is actually further in the sprint-based Halos. It’s just that you have the sprint ability in those games, meaning you get there just as fast as in classic Halos…
>
>
>
> I think you missing the point it may only be a placebo effect but it works, without spint the older Halo games do feel very outdated and slow in terms of movement.

It doesn’t “work”, but please explain how it does. “Feeling faster” is not a legitimate reason, btw.

Also, your post should have been prefaced with “in my opinion”, and a very uneducated/inexperienced one at that.

Halo CE and Halo 2 had the fastest and most crisp base movement speed and strafe. Base movement speed and strafe have been slowed down noticeably in every Halo with sprint to compensate for it, reducing the effectiveness of them.

They are also the fastest-PACED Halos. Games end SUPER-quick on these Halos and there is ALWAYS action, especially with how the maps are designed. In such a way to get you right back into the action WITHOUT the need of a sprint button. Sprint and other defensive abilities slow the game down way more often than they speed it up. It’s all illusions and placebos.

These aren’t opinions. These are facts. Look it up for proof.

But with that said I still want to know why, in YOUR opinion, sprint “works” and makes Halo “faster”.

> 2787272447958470;16:
> No matter how much this is debated, sprint can already be turned on or off. If you don’t like it, don’t hit the sprint button.

Excellent logic bro 10/10 will read again and will try.

I laugh at the people that claim sprint does not speed up game play… yes it most certainly does speed up the play cause quite simply you get from point A to point B faster its as simple as that. whether you are going for a weapon on the map or to a certain location on the map. also to me if Spartans are truly supposed to be super soldiers of the future you are telling me they shouldn’t be able to sprint or anything? even Mario on original Nintendo could sprint.

> 2533274846700578;17:
> > 2535415904697909;15:
> > > 2533274846700578;13:
> > > > 2535415904697909;10:
> > > > > 2533274843463464;6:
> > > > > > 2535415904697909;4:
> > > > > > This poll is kind of pointless as we all know sprint is staying and only people on the forums can vote which is not a great number of people so this is worse than the poll 343 produced sorry OP and we already know we are getting the 3rd option anyway with customs anyway.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > But are you really going to be satisfied with that? Having it as an option which leads to the comunity to be split up even more than it already is? Why give up on your standpoint instead of making it more valid and well explained so others join to get the result you wish to have?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Personally yes I am satisfied having played every Halo from CE to 4 and the Beta I am glad sprint is staying don’t get me wrong I love playing Halo 1-3 again in the MCC but whenever I play those games while fun it feels as if something is missing because it takes/feels like it takes an age to get to my destination. Sprint in my opinion is good for the game.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Your destination is actually further in the sprint-based Halos. It’s just that you have the sprint ability in those games, meaning you get there just as fast as in classic Halos…
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I think you missing the point it may only be a placebo effect but it works, without spint the older Halo games do feel very outdated and slow in terms of movement.
>
>
>
>
> It doesn’t “work”, but please explain how it does. “Feeling faster” is not a legitimate reason, btw.
>
> Also, your post should have been prefaced with “in my opinion”, and a very uneducated/inexperienced one at that.
>
> Halo CE and Halo 2 had the fastest and most crisp base movement speed and strafe. Base movement speed and strafe have been slowed down noticeably in every Halo with sprint to compensate for it, reducing the effectiveness of them.
>
> They are also the fastest-PACED Halos. Games end SUPER-quick on these Halos and there is ALWAYS action, especially with how the maps are designed. In such a way to get you right back into the action WITHOUT the need of a sprint button. Sprint and other defensive abilities slow the game down way more often than they speed it up. It’s all illusions and placebos.
>
> These aren’t opinions. These are facts. Look it up for proof.
>
> But with that said I still want to know why, in YOUR opinion, sprint “works” and makes Halo “faster”.
>
>
>
> > 2787272447958470;16:
> > No matter how much this is debated, sprint can already be turned on or off. If you don’t like it, don’t hit the sprint button.
>
>
>
> Excellent logic bro 10/10 will read again and will try.

It has been proven actually that games take around the same time to complete and to get from point A to B, All I am debating is the feel of the game to me Halo 1-3 are still very good fun games but they feel outdated to me. So take your head out off your A R S_ E and let other people have their opinion and sorry I did not state before IN MY OPINION ooo high and mighty one, I forgot made a mistake get over yourself you fool.

the answer is quite simple really. for those of us who like Halo to evolve and want to see where the story is going we will move on to Halo 5. for those still stuck in the past you will have MCC. I don’t see the problem really. there seems to be a Halo game type for all types of players. if they ever get MCC working 100% that is which I have a feeling they will one day.