Another ODST armor topic

As we all know, ODSTs are a very big part of the halo fan base. Who doesn’t love our badass helljumping marines.

It seems to be a topic that pops up here and there about getting some legitimate odst armor added to the game. Nightfall… exists. Helljumper is alright. But nothing is the iconic looking armor.

Personally I was pleased with the ODST armor in halo 4, and now that backpacks are a thing in multiplayer for 5. Why not add the armor. Could rip the model from Halo 3 ODST, spruce up the graphics and bam.

Hows everyones thoughts on this? -Yoink- that -Yoink- deal with nightfall armor, or why not itd be a fun addition. (Plus backpacks)

I’d love to see the Halo 3 ODST armour!
I think that nightfall is pretty much a tragic way to convey the style of the ODST’s lol

> 2533274817806882;2:
> I’d love to see the Halo 3 ODST armour!
> I think that nightfall is pretty much a tragic way to convey the style of the ODST’s lol

I’ve seen people says “it’s oni armor, not odst” but it clearly, very clearly has ties to odst armor. I feel 343 was trying to give us a variant of odst armor, that’s easy to get. But it just didn’t work because the look. Like, it’s pretty bad let’s be honest.

> 2533274815793667;3:
> > 2533274817806882;2:
> > I’d love to see the Halo 3 ODST armour!
> > I think that nightfall is pretty much a tragic way to convey the style of the ODST’s lol
>
> I’ve seen people says “it’s oni armor, not odst” but it clearly, very clearly has ties to odst armor. I feel 343 was trying to give us a variant of odst armor, that’s easy to get. But it just didn’t work because the look. Like, it’s pretty bad let’s be honest.

Yeah, as with many other things, it’s just 343 trying to make their mark, (which is completely understandable) but it didn’t really work this time.

> 2533274817806882;4:
> > 2533274815793667;3:
> > > 2533274817806882;2:
> > > I’d love to see the Halo 3 ODST armour!
> > > I think that nightfall is pretty much a tragic way to convey the style of the ODST’s lol
> >
> > I’ve seen people says “it’s oni armor, not odst” but it clearly, very clearly has ties to odst armor. I feel 343 was trying to give us a variant of odst armor, that’s easy to get. But it just didn’t work because the look. Like, it’s pretty bad let’s be honest.
>
> Yeah, as with many other things, it’s just 343 trying to make their mark, (which is completely understandable) but it didn’t really work this time.

It’s not a bad idea I feel you consider it being its own armor permutation separate from odst. But if they are trying to push this off as odst armor, than that’s kinda shifty.

I agree. I personally like the Nightfall armor, but it sure isn’t my ODST.

I don’t see why we can’t have nightfall armor and odst. It’s like we’ve got 150 variants why can we only have one odst armor

ODST was my favorite game.

Nightfall is a pretty damn good proxy, but it doesn’t hold a candle to the original ODST armor.

That would be amazing to be able to wear the odst armor again and hopefully they bring in the armor in halo 6

I think Reach did the ODST variant of spartan armour perfectly, I loved the shoulder pieces. Favorite shoulder pieces in the game.

The Helljumper helmet looks exactly like the ODST helmet but it’s SO hard to get.

> 2533274855129879;12:
> The Helljumper helmet looks exactly like the ODST helmet but it’s SO hard to get.

IMO (and several others’) Helljumper doesn’t really look that close to the ODST, the lower area is way too bulky. The armor has also little too do save for a small resemblance in the shoulders. Nightfall armor has a way better feel, it also feels practical with the pockets, has the good military feel to it. But the helmet’s upper half is sticking out too much rather than having the rounded shape it used to.

I’d like to see the original ODST armor back in the game, but I would still never use it due to the Achilles. Nightfall is essentially a disappointing replacement for ODST just like the Raider was for Hyabusa after they couldn’t use that armor anymore.

> 2533274843634673;14:
> I’d like to see the original ODST armor back in the game, but I would still never use it due to the Achilles. Nightfall is essentially a disappointing replacement for ODST just like the Raider was for Hyabusa after they couldn’t use that armor anymore.

I would like to see the original Halo 2’s ODST as well, however I would like to see it spruced up and bit by making a hybrid of Halo 4’s ODST (one of the very few things I enjoy visually from that game) I want my ODST backpack **yoink-it.

I’d wear it. I usually like to switch from the classic designs anyway.

Come to think of it we haven’t seen any ODSTs in Halo 4 or Halo 5’s campaign.

> 2535450116460199;17:
> Come to think of it we haven’t seen any ODSTs in Halo 4 or Halo 5’s campaign.

As far as I know, they’ve essentially been replaced by Spartan IVs

I’d loved to see actual odst armor, SPI armor, and a mark V Delta body

> 2535462450434439;19:
> I’d loved to see actual odst armor, SPI armor, and a mark V Delta body

SPI armor would be very interesting to see in game!