Another midship?

Am I the only one dissapointed to see a remake of a map already remade making its way to Halo 5? It’s getting ridiculous with this kind of thing now, we already have it twice (3 if you count the H4 forged version) in the MCC, and I’m honestly disappointed to see another map start to go the way of Blood Gulch. There’s plenty of maps that have never had a remake such as Breakpoint or Sandtrap yet we continue to see the same stuff be redone (Preferably, H5 should be all new, IMO) despite having the perfect opportunity to look at something else for the next game.

/rant

I’d be upset if it was a carbon copy like Heretic was in Halo 3 but just looking at the pictures you can see it has changed from the Halo 2 and 3 versions.

I’m a little disappointed too, but I’m really happy we are getting at least one covenant map considering halo 4 had none.

I’d probably be disappointed if I had just heard it was being remade. But having seen it, -Yoink!-, it looks beautiful.

Also, remaking that map leads me to think they really are heading more towards a smaller arena play style.

> Also, remaking that map leads me to think they really are heading more towards a smaller arena play style.

YUP! Couldn’t be happier either. Bring back all my favorite 4v4 and smaller maps, love the direction 343i is taking Halo.

Let’s hope that Midship is the only remade map in Halo 5.

Midship is a popular map. Also, whose to say Sandtrap or Breakpoint won’t get remade or get spiritual successors?

I liked Midship, it’s one of my favorites. I hated Zanzibar, I don’t know why people like that map so much

Did you honestly think it wasn’t being remade? It’s a fan favorite. Of course it was going to be included.

There’s a reason popular maps get remade. They’re popular…
And Midship only was in Halo 2 and 3. That’s not too many times.
Since they’re focusing on 4v4 combat I would say it is a good example of one of the best 4v4 maps. I would have liked Guardian but Midship is fine.

As for Sandtrap and Breakpoint, I couldn’t care less for Breakpoint since it was in Halo Reach and don’t need to be remade. But I’d be happy if we could play on Sandtrap in Halo 5.

> I liked Midship, it’s one of my favorites. I hated Zanzibar, I don’t know why people like that map so much

People who play objective game types love Zanzibar. 1 flag and assault are incredibly fun on Zanzibar.

I suspect this Midship is going to be quite a bit different than Classic Midship. I mean do you recognize this lift.

The whole bottom Carbine area looks completely different, there didn’t used to be a door way there. Link
The whole bottom mid ground plan has changed. Link. I sware it looks bigger as well.

Top Mid looks like it’s got energy shields providing more cover. There is a drop down whole in Top and a floating platform above it. The ledges infront of the bases seem to be gone. I swear if you look at the top right corner of red base in the above image there is another window, higher than the main window.

I think this image supports the idea there might be an attic area in the bases. Link

Doesn’t look like you can jump on top of the bubbles any more. Link

Honestly when I first saw this map I actually thought it was a Midship Inspired map, not a remake.

Double post

I’m honestly not a huge Midship fan either. Nevertheless it looks pretty awesome so far for H5, and with the game being arena-focused… Midship might just turn out to be a pretty fun map.

I would rather play a game full of remade maps if that meant not dealing with a terrible selection such as Halo 4; even the forge maps have ben subpar. Remade maps ensure there is a couple that play well.

The beta is focusing on Arena gameplay and Midship is the perfect map for that style. A small-scale, symmetrical map with equal starts.

I never got to play H2’s Midship but I was a huge fan of Heretic in H3. To me this new map looks a fair bit different from the original.

Heretic
H5 Midship

> The beta is focusing on Arena gameplay and Midship is the perfect map for that style. A small-scale, symmetrical map with equal starts.

oddball and ctf preferably, team slayer works but is not as competitive as ctf on that map

> Midship is a popular map. Also, whose to say Sandtrap or Breakpoint won’t get remade or get spiritual successors?

I was more using them as examples of good maps that haven’t had anything as opposed to wanting them. I don’t particularly like remakes unless something interesting is done to them like BF4 Second Assault stuff.

Then again. I rarely enjoy small arena combat so that may be a factor in why I don’t see it. I prefer the large scale vehicle combat which never seems to get mentioned here…

The bottom floor looks more like Reach’s Midship-Thing imo.