Another hate rant

I’m going to keep this as short as possible.

  1. why am I being matched against onxy and diamond players when my team is composed of platinum and gold?
  2. why does it seem that that quitters aren’t being punished enough?
  3. why do we not get any word back from 343 in a status update?
    4)why is it that for 4 games in a row I’m matched with the worst players against onyx and diamond?
  4. why are spawns not working well? (Either you spawn off the map in WZ or in front of an enemy in arena)
  5. why isn’t the community getting what they want? (Falcon, larger radar, doubles, etc)

If this is how halo is going to evolve then you can bet that I won’t be playing it. This is redoiculous. I can understand people being better than others. But why are higher level players matched against lower level players? Want a fix to this? Simple…
dont place a rank on someone based off of a w/l ratio! most of the complaints would be fixed if you fix your matching system!!!

quitters will stay because they will be matched with equal skill lvls

People will be able to have fun by matching EQUAL SKILL LEVELS!!!

There won’t be a need for social playlists because everyone will be equal!!

sometimes oi really wonder if the staff at 343 even give a damn…

You are most definitely not alone.

I’ve been saying since H3 that ranking someone based off a win/loss ratio is ridiculous. Some of us players get screwed more often than others. I’ve always had an above average K/D in every Halo and a below average win/loss ratio. Why? Because the game always sees fit to throw the worst possible players on my team but balance out the other team properly. A few months ago I lost 17 games in a row while placing top 3 in kills and score in almost every game. I tried switching game types but it didn’t matter. Needless to say I put the game down for a few weeks.

So yes, your rank should be entirely based on how well you as an individual preform in game. As for your other points, the only one I disagree with is the radar. I’ve been a firm believer since I started playing Halo that radar should be removed. It encourages camping.

I completely agree. The reason I preferred Halo over COD was because Halo used to do a much better job of matching players of equal skill level. That has all changed with Halo 5.

My my favorite games are the competitive ones that come down to the last kill or a last second capture of the flag for a 3-2 win. Those types of games are now rare with the w/l ranking system. I’ve played way too ma ny games where one guy has a plus 15 KDA the next best guy has a plus 2 KDA. The guy with the plus 15 has more kills than everyone else combined, and the outcome isn’t even close.
I used to love the ranked games in Halo 2 and 3. Now I only play warzone, which by the way gets old after just a few games.

> 2533274919894364;4:
> I completely agree. The reason I preferred Halo over COD was because Halo used to do a much better job of matching players of equal skill level. That has all changed with Halo 5.
>
> My my favorite games are the competitive ones that come down to the last kill or a last second capture of the flag for a 3-2 win. Those types of games are now rare with the w/l ranking system. I’ve played way too ma ny games where one guy has a plus 15 KDA the next best guy has a plus 2 KDA. The guy with the plus 15 has more kills than everyone else combined, and the outcome isn’t even close.
> I used to love the ranked games in Halo 2 and 3. Now I only play warzone, which by the way gets old after just a few games.

Exactly something suspenseful, a clutch game! Nobody wants to be blown out over and over

W/L ratio should be the ONLY thing that ever affects a ranking. That’s how it was in Halo 2 and it truly reflected the best players. That being said, 343 should not match anyone up who is by themselves against a party of 3 or 4. This is where the real problem lies. It’s not fun or reasonable to think a group of single players can go into matchmaking and beat a team of 4, even if they are better at the game. Get back to matching party sizes WITH similar skill levels. Too often I have friends that are terrible and since there is no unranked slayer we have to play ranked and get matched up with a team that ranked way higher than our average ranking.

  1. W/L ratio weighted heavily
  2. Make an unranked team slayer
  3. Match party sizes

> 2533274801264609;6:
> W/L ratio should be the ONLY thing that ever affects a ranking. That’s how it was in Halo 2 and it truly reflected the best players. That being said, 343 should not match anyone up who is by themselves against a party of 3 or 4. This is where the real problem lies. It’s not fun or reasonable to think a group of single players can go into matchmaking and beat a team of 4, even if they are better at the game. Get back to matching party sizes WITH similar skill levels. Too often I have friends that are terrible and since there is no unranked slayer we have to play ranked and get matched up with a team that ranked way higher than our average ranking.
>
> 1. W/L ratio weighted heavily
> 2. Make an unranked team slayer
> 3. Match party sizes

I disagree and many others do too, you sir are a minority. There is no advantage to ranking by w/l. I really don’t care if EVERY halo had it. This isn’t every halo

> 2533274839294717;3:
> I’ve been saying since H3 that ranking someone based off a win/loss ratio is ridiculous.

Finally: somebody else who remembers what a joke H3 matchmaking was. My heart goes out to all the people who are having a bad time with H5 matchmaking, but don’t think for a minute that this is anything new.

> 2533274873843883;8:
> > 2533274839294717;3:
> > I’ve been saying since H3 that ranking someone based off a win/loss ratio is ridiculous.
>
>
> Finally: somebody else who remembers what a joke H3 matchmaking was. My heart goes out to all the people who are having a bad time with H5 matchmaking, but don’t think for a minute that this is anything new.

I don’t think they were implying that H3 ranking was a joke. Id take take that over H5 ranking any day, as it is by far the worst ranking in the series. But you are right. The issues with ranking are nothing new, but the ranking in H5 is definitely not the solution.

i think the current system works okay but has its faults… in my opinion i would like to see your personal performance play in to it as well … eg i would like to see 1/3 to performance and 2/3 to w/l … so if you do really well in a game like going positive but still end up losing instead of having the full amount taken from your rank it would only take 2/3 and vise versa it you win but play poorly you only get 2/3 or the rank up … also if you win doing well you get the full increase and if you lose doing poorly you get the full decrease … right now the rank system works kinda okay but its to shared with your team meaning you cant play solo for a good rank and if you get a bad team but you still do well and lose your penalized for being unlucky and getting a bad team you could be the games mvp and lose you still get deranked which is just stupid