Another Firefight thread.

First off I would like to say I think you are doing a perfect job 343 and I am definitely hoping for a second season of Spartan Ops, if it is anywhere near as good as the new episodes. Although I love Spartan Ops, I feel that Firefight fills a different gap in gameplay and is something I would like to see return. Many people have hoped to have it return for Halo 5 and I feel that an experiment could be made to try out some new ideas.

Firstly, from a narrative standpoint, I think we should fill the shoes of other fireteams we’ve heard of such as Lancer and Castle, so no confusion is created in the story. Many of the maps seem perfect for firefight and I really wish some of the missions were longer. For example, the engine room from chapter 4 of episode 7, one of my favourite missions just for it’s survival gameplay. Maybe to create a narrative some missions may have an objective to it rather than just survive, for example, maybe in this mission our objective could be to defend the terminals and prevent the covies from shutting the engine down, while still trying to stay alive.

A new feature to add in would be an ordnance system, taken from war games of course. I really liked the support given in Installation 04 on Reach and think it could be made into an interesting system. We would be given times choices for assistance every now and again, ammo, power weapons, vehicles, marines/Spartans etc. Possible using the Dominion functions and such to call in a pelican to drop off these items.

One thing that firefight did really well was it’s unpredictability at times. Spartan ops seems to have a set enemy distribution that becomes predictable and easy to combat. While firefight would often scare the **** out of me when suddenly 3 brute chieftains were dropped off. If enemies were a bit more randomised and inconsistent I would find it a lot more re playable. Mix it up a bit and send in a pair of hunters flanked by watchers to throw back grenades, forcing people out of comfort zones. Or Jackals with binary rifles (we saw the Elite General with the scattershot). My main point is, mix up the enemies, even if that means removing customisable waves.

Firefight VS. was something I feel was not experimented with enough and was unappreciated even though I, with many others, loved it. I think this may be an idea to save for Halo 5 but I think it should be changed to 4v2 or 4v4, with a bit of a disadvantage for the Elites (this would obviously need better net coding or dedicated servers, which is why I say Halo 5). One of my favourite things about FFVS was working alongside the covies, something I hadn’t done in a long time, and would like to see again (maybe with unit commands?).

Personally, I would be willing to pay 1600+ MS points for this to be added again, and think this would be a good “beta test” for a possibility of FF 3.0 in Halo 5. If you support this idea, discuss it, make threads, vote in the poll, I don’t care, I just want to see firefight back again in a fun and interesting form more like that of ODST. Again, I think you guys are doing a great job and will not hate you for not making this, I know that businesses don’t cater to the small audiences for obvious reasons, and that you have limited resources and time.

Nobody? Hmm, fair enough.

> Firstly, from a narrative standpoint, I think we should fill the shoes of other fireteams we’ve heard of such as Lancer and Castle, so no confusion is created in the story.

Pretty sure both of these Fireteams are dead. Castle definitely is, and Lancer was a no-show when sent to assist you in EP7, so I’m betting they’re dead too.

> > Firstly, from a narrative standpoint, I think we should fill the shoes of other fireteams we’ve heard of such as Lancer and Castle, so no confusion is created in the story.
>
> Pretty sure both of these Fireteams are dead. Castle definitely is, and Lancer was a no-show when sent to assist you in EP7, so I’m betting they’re dead too.

Maybe so, but they were just examples. The missions could be set back in time as well, for example having Switchback team holding off at the harvester.

I miss firefight…you are right, firefight has more of a randomness factor. SparOps are so scripted. Firefight should have been in the game at release

Rocketfight didnt make much sense from a lore stand point but when you’re having that much fun who gives a turd. I used to love that mode. pure fun, no -Yoink-

you know what firefight was, Halo Arcade and that is no bad thing man.

Firefight sucked anyway , Spartan Ops is much better

> Firefight sucked anyway , Spartan Ops is much better

I think they’re both good, but SpOps has less re playability.

> I miss firefight…you are right, firefight has more of a randomness factor. SparOps are so scripted. Firefight should have been in the game at release

Yeah, it should have, I miss the endless waves of grunts that came with ODST.

I LOVE Firefight, it was my favorute mode in Reach. I assumed it wold simply return in Halo 4, since once a big mode is introduced in a Halo game it stays with future titles (IE: LIVE multiplayer (Halo 2), Forge, Theater (Halo 3), Firefight (H3 ODST) I was extremely supprised to see such a beloved mode not return. I would definatley pay 1600 MSP for Firefight to return in Halo 4. Why it was’nt shipped with the game in the first place remains a massive mystery to me. SpOPS is not a Firefight replacment by any means, and I don’t think 343i intended it to be either.

They should be able to recreate firefight though with what they can do in spartan ops just haveing you unlock new maps for firfight by beating spartan ops missions on legendary though it would need to be able to have th eplayers lose if they all die for an actual challange. Would be kind of cool.

> I LOVE Firefight, it was my favorute mode in Reach. I assumed it wold simply return in Halo 4, since once a big mode is introduced in a Halo game it stays with future titles (IE: LIVE multiplayer (Halo 2), Forge, Theater (Halo 3), Firefight (H3 ODST) I was extremely supprised to see such a beloved mode not return. I would definatley pay 1600 MSP for Firefight to return in Halo 4. Why it was’nt shipped with the game in the first place remains a massive mystery to me. SpOPS is not a Firefight replacment by any means, and I don’t think 343i intended it to be either.

They said that they couldn’t think of much else to add, which I respect. I really like the direction SpOps is taking, however I think some of the assets could be used in order to create firefight, the maps and enemies are there.