Another F2P weekend

Looks like they have announced another free to play weekend for Halo 5.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/11/halo-5-free-weekend-xbox-live-gold/

The times run from
Thursday, January 11 at 12:01 a.m. PST until Sunday, January 14 at 10:59 p.m. PST.

So for those of us who’ve been around the block we can take this opportunity to make some new friends and make the place a little more inviting. If I see a new player over the weekend I’m going to send out an invite and try and help them get familiar with the game. Hopefully I’ll meet some new people and ease the transition on a couple of new folks.

Probably to coincide with the Quickplay, and HCS qualifiers. In the hopes of bringing in more new people, and keep them interested. This should be an interesting weekend for sure.

> 2533274863544717;2:
> Probably to coincide with the Quickplay, and HCS qualifiers. In the hopes of bringing in more new people, and keep them interested. This should be an interesting weekend for sure.

with lots of easy kills probably

> 2535446004878241;3:
> > 2533274863544717;2:
> > Probably to coincide with the Quickplay, and HCS qualifiers. In the hopes of bringing in more new people, and keep them interested. This should be an interesting weekend for sure.
>
> with lots of easy kills probably

Maybe, that is of course if they are willing to take the time to download the thing.

Unfortunately with the playerbase that’s left, I have a feeling there’s going to be a lot of trolls and griefers out this weekend.

Be nice out there guys, more population is always good, don’t drive them away. I’m not saying you shouldn’t go out there trying to get a Perfection, but don’t be an unnecessary -Yoink-

How nice I think I’ll do the same actually. I always love meeting new players

I wonder how many of them will try mythic firefight lol ? They should really have a warning for new players

> 2535446004878241;3:
> > 2533274863544717;2:
> > Probably to coincide with the Quickplay, and HCS qualifiers. In the hopes of bringing in more new people, and keep them interested. This should be an interesting weekend for sure.
>
> with lots of easy kills probably

Agreed. Willing to help new comers but even more willing to kill them lol

What a lovely gesture. I will share in this ideology, halo could allways use a few new recruits that stick around.

hey wouldnt it be cool to hear that some players started thier halo journy/career “what ever you wish to call it” on halo 5 during the free to pkay weekend. You know, when every one inevetably asks again what was your first halo game.

> 2533274863544717;4:
> > 2535446004878241;3:
> > > 2533274863544717;2:
> > > Probably to coincide with the Quickplay, and HCS qualifiers. In the hopes of bringing in more new people, and keep them interested. This should be an interesting weekend for sure.
> >
> > with lots of easy kills probably
>
> Maybe, that is of course if they are willing to take the time to download the thing.

I can’t imagine a ton players wanting to download a almost 100gb game just to play it for two or three days either. It’s a nice gesture for the few that do at least. I can imagine this being a little more helpful maybe a year into the game’s lifespan, but now it seems rather pointless. All this is coming from someone that has already owned the game for two years though, so I could be wrong.

Spend half the time downloading the game, lol. If I was a new player, I wouldn’t even bother, but I’ll commend the ones that do.

Now I can become even more swole with xp

> 2727626560040591;11:
> Spend half the time downloading the game, lol. If I was a new player, I wouldn’t even bother, but I’ll commend the ones that do.

Exactly, they need to make it at least a week-long event to be worth it considering H5’s size.
Anything over 50 GBs and I’m not going to waste the time for only a couple days of a new game that I might not even end up liking or playing more than a few matches.

> 2533274880633045;1:
> Looks like they have announced another free to play weekend for Halo 5.
> https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/11/halo-5-free-weekend-xbox-live-gold/The times run from
> Thursday, January 11 at 12:01 a.m. PST until Sunday, January 14 at 10:59 p.m. PST.
>
> So for those of us who’ve been around the block we can take this opportunity to make some new friends and make the place a little more inviting. If I see a new player over the weekend I’m going to send out an invite and try and help them get familiar with the game. Hopefully I’ll meet some new people and ease the transition on a couple of new folks.

This sounds like a great idea! I will do the same, and drop some good REQ items to give them a taste of all that can be.

I would like to commend you in your involvement with the community. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you!

This is a great idea to get some new Halo fans on board.

Woof, the download took quite a while for me. With a 40Mbps connection it was several hours until I could play. I’ll be on the lookout though for new folks and drop an add. I do it all the time in Destiny, and I’ve made some good friends doing it.

> 2533274880633045;1:
> Looks like they have announced another free to play weekend for Halo 5.
> https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/11/halo-5-free-weekend-xbox-live-gold/The times run from
> Thursday, January 11 at 12:01 a.m. PST until Sunday, January 14 at 10:59 p.m. PST.
>
> So for those of us who’ve been around the block we can take this opportunity to make some new friends and make the place a little more inviting. If I see a new player over the weekend I’m going to send out an invite and try and help them get familiar with the game. Hopefully I’ll meet some new people and ease the transition on a couple of new folks.

Awesome! I hope to get my K/D Ratio up over the weekend with all the cannon fodder running around…

Watched a friend play and she was cleaning house sometimes but also frequently encountering clans and weirdos. Pulled out a Nornfang and people acted like she showed up with a giant box of free tacos.

> 2533274834881503;13:
> > 2727626560040591;11:
> > Spend half the time downloading the game, lol. If I was a new player, I wouldn’t even bother, but I’ll commend the ones that do.
>
> Exactly, they need to make it at least a week-long event to be worth it considering H5’s size.
> Anything over 50 GBs and I’m not going to waste the time for only a couple days of a new game that I might not even end up liking or playing more than a few matches.

I had to redownload/install H5 once and it took 36 hours with the connection I had at the time. Definitely wouldn’t be worth it if they have speeds like I did.

I doubt many will hop on, but I hope we can get at least a few more Halo fans.