Another Easter Egg in Halo 3

In Bungie’s Mail Sack 9 it was revealed that there are some Easter Egg’s that haven’t been found.

Here is the ? that was asked in the Mail Sack. Are there any Easter eggs from your past games that surprised you at how quickly they were found or any that surprised you at how long they took to find?

Bungie’s answers.
There are apparently still a few that have yet to be found. What–? No. I’m not telling!
Lorraine McLees

Definitely the IWHBYD skull in H3. But you cheated. There is one Easter egg in Halo 3 that I don’t think anyone has found - I stumbled across it in code a while back. It only happens on a specific day…so good luck.
Jon Cable

Posted by: NoWise10
That Easter Egg you can only see on a certain date in Halo 3, is it by chance on Longshore or Valhalla?

JonnyOThan said
No. You also have to do a certain thing to activate it, so the chances of doing that thing and it being the right day are fairly slim…

Posted by: NoWise10
…Can we atleast get a “its in the A: Campaign , or B: Multiplayer” hint?Ooh…such a hint would be interesting indeed. I have to say it’s not what you’d expect.

JonnyOThan said
I’m reluctant to give out hints because the egg is a personal message from a programmer to a loved one. It wasn’t me, and I don’t know if he actually wants anyone else to find it.

This is from the new Bungie mail sack 13
a rascal cat asked What is your proudest moment in your time at Bungie?

Showing my wife the Easter egg I put in the halo 3 loading screen for her - the one that nobody has found yet.
Adrian Perez

Let’s get on the Hunt.

This is very very interesting.

How comes no one else has found the coding for it?

> This is very very interesting.
>
> How comes no one else has found the coding for it?

probably because everyone thought the IWHBYD was the Scarab gun of easter eggs in Halo 3, so people stopped looking. (Yes I know the scarab gun wasn’t actually an easter egg)

Well, there is pretty much absolutely no starting point to this at all, and if it only happens on 1 day in a year…I’d say without sifting through the code with 3rd party programs, it’d be a futile effort.

Im surprised we haven’t found them all O.o!

How many easter eggs are there?.

> JonnyOThan said
> I’m reluctant to give out hints because the egg is a personal message from a programmer to a loved one. It wasn’t me, and I don’t know if he actually wants anyone else to find it.

At first I immediately though about 7/7 but after reading the loved one part I think maybe valentines day, a anniversary or a birthday. So we may never know…

> > JonnyOThan said
> > I’m reluctant to give out hints because the egg is a personal message from a programmer to a loved one. It wasn’t me, and I don’t know if he actually wants anyone else to find it.
>
> At first I immediately though about 7/7 but after reading the loved one part I think maybe valentines day, a anniversary or a birthday. So we may never know…

I think in this circumstance they really should drop a hint

Only new thing I’ve found are berserking Elites. Not really an easter egg. More of a secret AI behavior.

> Im surprised we haven’t found them all O.o!

This.

It really is insane to also think Halo 3 is 5 years old.

O.o!

> > JonnyOThan said
> > I’m reluctant to give out hints because the egg is a personal message from a programmer to a loved one. It wasn’t me, and I don’t know if he actually wants anyone else to find it.
>
> At first I immediately though about 7/7 but after reading the loved one part I think maybe valentines day, a anniversary or a birthday. So we may never know…

This is what I thought too. Maybe like the Valhalla (On of the maps hinted at, along with Longshore.) dates easter eggs. For Bungie Day, etc. But maybe this one requires some kind of trigger other than the date.

Man, somebody find this! I’m intrigued! Massively!

working on it

I have a feeling it’s right above our heads.

Maybe someone will find it in 2030 lol. Isn’t there some Donkey Kong egg that was found years after the games release.

In Mail sack ten both a horse and this monday was mentioned

> In Mail sack ten both a horse and this monday was mentioned

Did you find out about the horse? LOL

Hmm… I wouldn’t be suprised if there are several more easter eggs throughout the series we haven’t found.

At first, when I read “a certain date”, my first thought was Bungie day. But when he mentioned how it was a love note, its probably on the programmer’s anniversary. So there’s a very slim chance of finding it unless someone finds the coding, or the programmer speaks up.

So there is one we haven’t found yet. You know what that means? It means that Halo 3 isn’t an solved riddle, that means I have time!

Yikes… this is extremely bizarre… nice find!