another DMR-complain thread

Yes, I am here to complain about the DMR. (BTB)
Firstly the DMR needs a slower RoF and I think we all agree on that one.
The other thing is… DMR’s wreck vehicles and destroy map designs.
Why would an armored banshee be shot down so fast by just some metal balls? It doesn’t make sense, and if it did it’s not fun gameplay-wise. Not that I get shot down by DMR often, it’s just that it does too much damage.
In Reach this was okay, but now we have DMR’s as starting weapon instead of a map pickup that mostly only 2 people had. I kind of like the loadouts and stuff, but it also means we have to nerf a bunch of weapons to make other elements be still a viable option. Right now the DMR and BR just do too much damage on a vehicle for a starting weapon. The DMR also is just too OP in comparison to other weapons. Let me make a list:

DMR > BR, because of the DMR’s long range. This makes the DMR in larger maps a more viable option. The DMR also does more damage.

DMR > LR, because of the DMR’s superiority in every area, except in very long range. The LR’s flinching is also a lot more prominent.

DMR > Carbine, because the Carbine just is UP and it’s very inaccurate at a moderate distance.

DMR > automatics, because firstly the longer range and secondly it’s 3-shot (head) melee with the DMR, so even while the automatics are stronger in cqc, the DMR has a too big of a chance to win and a far bigger chance than any of the other precision weapons.

DMR > vehicles, because it just does too much damage against vehicles and with an entire team of DMR’s the vehicles are just destroyed in no time. The Mantis’s shields are gone in 8(!) DMR shots and that are far too few for a starting weapon.

The DMR also just destroys map design. While in previous Halo games there was alot more movement and moving in the open wasn’t as dangerous, now it’s just camping behind cover, because if you move one inch you get shot by a team of DMR’s and you’re dead in less than a second.
This is very prominent in Ragnarok, as in Valhalla everyone was just running around more, because the AR just is much more close range. Now everyone is just hiding behind certain spots to get a few shots on some people before they hide into cover again. If you just try to run a bit you’re dead.
In Reach, and for the BR Halo 2 and 3, the DMR was a map pickup. It had to be picked up. This made it a special weapon and it wasn’t as much of a problem for map design and vehicles. Now it’s a starting weapon, meaning that everyone is able to use it instantly, so now it IS a problem.
You can’t just make a map pickup a starting weapon without buffing the entire rest of the game. Or without nerfing the weapon first. And this hasn’t been done yet strangely. Some ordnance is actually worse than the DMR.
So,
Solutions are:
Let the DMR have a slower rate of fire so that it isn’t as viable in short range and as effective in long range as it should be.
Nerf the damage the DMR does against vehicles.

I agree with this, but I think an easier fix would be to just increase reticle bloom, like it was in Reach.

DMR is fine. It is the perfect utility weapon in a game with arguably the best weapon balancing since CE. It does not need a nerf.

The other weapons on the other hand need a buff. The Carbine and BR should be able to outperform the DMR up close. Automatic weapons are fine as is.

No idea why this couldnt have been added to one of the many other anti DMR threads

can i get one that shots purple unicorns? that would so freaking awsome

The DMR defiantly need some changes, the RoF is far too fast for what it can do. Anyone with a DMR can beat another person that does not have a DMR no matter where the shots land on the person, even if the person who does not have the DMR gets the first shot off… you can’t say that there isn’t a problem there.

I would think one of the easiest changes to implement, and not just for the DMR but other precision guns as well, would be to increase the inaccuracy when not scoped in. That would further balance these weapons (as they are now starting weapons and not map weapons) and give autos more of a chance to survive against them beyond spitting distance.

> DMR is fine. It is the perfect utility weapon

And it’s not supposed to be. It’s supposed to be the long range weapon. The BR is the utility weapon.

I do get -YOINKed- Over alot by the DMR if I have a different weapon.

> > DMR is fine. It is the perfect utility weapon
>
> And it’s not supposed to be. It’s supposed to be the long range weapon. The BR is the utility weapon.

Apparently not, though. The BR has a slow rate of fire and low bullet damage. If anything, the BR shouldn’t even be in this game.

> The DMR defiantly need some changes, the RoF is far too fast for what it can do. Anyone with a DMR can beat another person that does not have a DMR no matter where the shots land on the person, even if the person who does not have the DMR gets the first shot off… you can’t say that there isn’t a problem there.

> > > DMR is fine. It is the perfect utility weapon
> >
> > And it’s not supposed to be. It’s supposed to be the long range weapon. The BR is the utility weapon.
>
> Apparently not, though. The BR has a slow rate of fire and low bullet damage. If anything, the BR shouldn’t even be in this game.

Even though it isn’t supposed to be an utility weapon, it still has to be balanced.

> Yes, I am here to complain about the DMR. (BTB)
> Firstly the DMR needs a slower RoF and I think we all agree on that one.
> The other thing is… DMR’s wreck vehicles and destroy map designs.
> Why would an armored banshee be shot down so fast by just some metal balls? It doesn’t make sense, and if it did it’s not fun gameplay-wise. Not that I get shot down by DMR often, it’s just that it does too much damage.
> In Reach this was okay, but now we have DMR’s as starting weapon instead of a map pickup that mostly only 2 people had. I kind of like the loadouts and stuff, but it also means we have to nerf a bunch of weapons to make other elements be still a viable option. Right now the DMR and BR just do too much damage on a vehicle for a starting weapon. The DMR also is just too OP in comparison to other weapons. Let me make a list:
>
> DMR > BR, because of the DMR’s long range. This makes the DMR in larger maps a more viable option. The DMR also does more damage.
>
> DMR > LR, because of the DMR’s superiority in every area, except in very long range. The LR’s flinching is also a lot more prominent.
>
> DMR > Carbine, because the Carbine just is UP and it’s very inaccurate at a moderate distance.
>
> DMR > automatics, because firstly the longer range and secondly it’s 3-shot (head) melee with the DMR, so even while the automatics are stronger in cqc, the DMR has a too big of a chance to win and a far bigger chance than any of the other precision weapons.
>
> DMR > vehicles, because it just does too much damage against vehicles and with an entire team of DMR’s the vehicles are just destroyed in no time. The Mantis’s shields are gone in 8(!) DMR shots and that are far too few for a starting weapon.
>
> The DMR also just destroys map design. While in previous Halo games there was alot more movement and moving in the open wasn’t as dangerous, now it’s just camping behind cover, because if you move one inch you get shot by a team of DMR’s and you’re dead in less than a second.
> This is very prominent in Ragnarok, as in Valhalla everyone was just running around more, because the AR just is much more close range. Now everyone is just hiding behind certain spots to get a few shots on some people before they hide into cover again. If you just try to run a bit you’re dead.
> In Reach, and for the BR Halo 2 and 3, the DMR was a map pickup. It had to be picked up. This made it a special weapon and it wasn’t as much of a problem for map design and vehicles. Now it’s a starting weapon, meaning that everyone is able to use it instantly, so now it IS a problem.
> You can’t just make a map pickup a starting weapon without buffing the entire rest of the game. Or without nerfing the weapon first. And this hasn’t been done yet strangely. Some ordnance is actually worse than the DMR.
> So,
> Solutions are:
> Let the DMR have a slower rate of fire so that it isn’t as viable in short range and as effective in long range as it should be.
> Nerf the damage the DMR does against vehicles.

i agree

thankyou for suporting the cause.

> > > > DMR is fine. It is the perfect utility weapon
> > >
> > > And it’s not supposed to be. It’s supposed to be the long range weapon. The BR is the utility weapon.
> >
> > Apparently not, though. The BR has a slow rate of fire and low bullet damage. If anything, the BR shouldn’t even be in this game.
>
> Even though it isn’t supposed to be an utility weapon, it still has to be balanced.

It should. Currently, the Battle Rifle is a shell of its former self.

I agree with the OP. Many times already I gotten up close and started shooting with my AR only to lose at near point blank to the DMR. More bloom or a slighty slower rate of fire would balance it I believe, not sure which though.

> Yes, I am here to complain about the DMR. (BTB)
> Firstly the DMR needs a slower RoF and I think we all agree on that one.
> The other thing is… DMR’s wreck vehicles and destroy map designs.
> Why would an armored banshee be shot down so fast by just some metal balls? It doesn’t make sense, and if it did it’s not fun gameplay-wise. Not that I get shot down by DMR often, it’s just that it does too much damage.
> In Reach this was okay, but now we have DMR’s as starting weapon instead of a map pickup that mostly only 2 people had. I kind of like the loadouts and stuff, but it also means we have to nerf a bunch of weapons to make other elements be still a viable option. Right now the DMR and BR just do too much damage on a vehicle for a starting weapon. The DMR also is just too OP in comparison to other weapons. Let me make a list:
>
> DMR > BR, because of the DMR’s long range. This makes the DMR in larger maps a more viable option. The DMR also does more damage.
>
> DMR > LR, because of the DMR’s superiority in every area, except in very long range. The LR’s flinching is also a lot more prominent.
>
> DMR > Carbine, because the Carbine just is UP and it’s very inaccurate at a moderate distance.
>
> DMR > automatics, because firstly the longer range and secondly it’s 3-shot (head) melee with the DMR, so even while the automatics are stronger in cqc, the DMR has a too big of a chance to win and a far bigger chance than any of the other precision weapons.
>
> DMR > vehicles, because it just does too much damage against vehicles and with an entire team of DMR’s the vehicles are just destroyed in no time. The Mantis’s shields are gone in 8(!) DMR shots and that are far too few for a starting weapon.
>
> The DMR also just destroys map design. While in previous Halo games there was alot more movement and moving in the open wasn’t as dangerous, now it’s just camping behind cover, because if you move one inch you get shot by a team of DMR’s and you’re dead in less than a second.
> This is very prominent in Ragnarok, as in Valhalla everyone was just running around more, because the AR just is much more close range. Now everyone is just hiding behind certain spots to get a few shots on some people before they hide into cover again. If you just try to run a bit you’re dead.
> In Reach, and for the BR Halo 2 and 3, the DMR was a map pickup. It had to be picked up. This made it a special weapon and it wasn’t as much of a problem for map design and vehicles. Now it’s a starting weapon, meaning that everyone is able to use it instantly, so now it IS a problem.
> You can’t just make a map pickup a starting weapon without buffing the entire rest of the game. Or without nerfing the weapon first. And this hasn’t been done yet strangely. Some ordnance is actually worse than the DMR.
> So,
> Solutions are:
> Let the DMR have a slower rate of fire so that it isn’t as viable in short range and as effective in long range as it should be.
> Nerf the damage the DMR does against vehicles.

You have a lot of peoples support on this and basicly everyone knows this is true. Good job on the review.

The LightRifle actually beats the DMR at long range.

But in every other scenario, the DMR is better.

so basically op wants vehicles to dominate BTB and leave infantry as helpless cannon fodder. Op, you are the .0001%.

> I agree with the OP. Many times already I gotten up close and started shooting with my AR only to lose at near point blank to the DMR. More bloom or a slighty slower rate of fire would balance it I believe, not sure which though.

I would like to hear why you think making a weapon have a larger reticle would make it somehow worse at close range.

> so basically op wants vehicles to dominate BTB and leave infantry as helpless cannon fodder. Op, you are the .0001%.

I’m sorry, DMRs are the only weapons to take out vehicles?

Wrong. There’s the Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, and Railgun that all kill vehicles. But if you’re talking Loadouts, then there’s the Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades.

Vehicles are supposed to be good. But if the DMR, which destroys all infantry, can also destroy all vehicles, then why even bother getting in a vehicle? You might as well be an infantry with a DMR yourself.

TL;DR - YOU are the 0.0001%