Another day gone by, another day without an update

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

It’s been 10 days since the last patch where they broke CE and said ranks were on their way. Looking at bravo’s twitter feed, he is giving people the same canned response when they ask about either; ASAP, soon, shortly, no eta locked, no news, etc… This company has unbelievably bad PR with their fans, terrible community updates, and come up short with just about everything they try. The community is attacking each other and it is 343i’s fault. If everyone was happily playing the game you’d see way less angst on the forums, however, there are only 3 ranked playlists, one of which will be going away (soon), quitters are so rampant you may only play one complete game throughout a session, betrayers, dashboarders, etc…
Basically, I said all that to say this; Hurry up and fix your game 343i. The amount of problems this game still has are ridiculous. The lack of ranks are ridiculous. The fact CE is still broke 10 days later is ridiculous. I can’t imagine how it can take a seemingly AAA studio this long to fix things it broke that were working the week before. This has gone from a black eye to cancer. Calling it a black eye is sugar coating your game.

Very well put, and agree on all counts. This company has the worst PR/social media people ever. Most important element in PR is communication, and their lack thereof since this game has been released is asinine, especially considering how they royally botched the release.

Rushing to fix something is a recipe for breaking more things. I say take your time and do it right and you’ll still have plenty of people to play with (Battlefield 4).

Also, comparing a video game to Cancer? That’s inappropriate.

> 2533274795233660;3:
> Rushing to fix something is a recipe for breaking more things. I say take your time and do it right and you’ll still have plenty of people to play with (Battlefield 4).
>
> Also, comparing a video game to Cancer? That’s inappropriate.

I believe you are completely missing the point of the OP. It is not talking about the time frame of when something is going to be fixed, but the amount of information that we are getting about said fix. Unless I am wrong there hasn’t really been any acknowledgment from 343 on the forums about the issues with CE since the CU, and the last thing we officially heard here, concerning the ranked playlists, was that they were “shooting for a few days after the CU”.

I don’t know if that is what the OP was intending, but it sure sounds to me like voicing an annoyance at the lack of communication from 343 in general. I don’t follow Twitter all that much, or their Facebook, or reddit where Frankie and others seem to post. I check here. This is Halo Waypoint. Shouldn’t we expect, those of us who frequent these forums, to have some kind of communication from the Community Manager about these particular issues.

Maybe I am missing those posts from Bravo or others that work at 343, but I sure remember a time when we would get at least something every now and then from bs angel, and others. It’s just another thing that is slowly growing in severe disappointment.

Oh, and he’s not comparing a video game to cancer, but saying that that “black eye” that Frankie was quoted saying about MCC has turned into “cancer” for 343.

> 2533274795233660;3:
> Rushing to fix something is a recipe for breaking more things. I say take your time and do it right and you’ll still have plenty of people to play with (Battlefield 4).
>

I totally agree with this, but what about the ranks that are supposed to be in rotation? I wish they would have at least slightly mentioned something about this and CE in the community update a few days ago but unfortunately they just didn’t write anything about it. That’s pretty upsetting.

> 2533274902813597;5:
> > 2533274795233660;3:
> > Rushing to fix something is a recipe for breaking more things. I say take your time and do it right and you’ll still have plenty of people to play with (Battlefield 4).
> >
> > Also, comparing a video game to Cancer? That’s inappropriate.
>
>
> I totally agree with this, but what about the ranks that are supposed to be in rotation? I wish they would have at least slightly mentioned something about this and CE in the community update a few days ago but unfortunately they just didn’t write anything about it. That’s pretty upsetting.

That was the most aggravating aspect. Why the heck did Bravo NOT say a thing about all the ODST troubles with achievements not popping, mention the ranks again that maybe they would be longer to drop than originally hoped, and that unfortunately their CU messed up something on CE? Yes, granted, E3 is just around the corner and they want to highlight that, but for goodness sakes a little sentence or two to say a few things about our concerns. It is just frustrating.

> 2533274863544717;6:
> > 2533274902813597;5:
> > > 2533274795233660;3:
> > > Rushing to fix something is a recipe for breaking more things. I say take your time and do it right and you’ll still have plenty of people to play with (Battlefield 4).
> > >
> > > Also, comparing a video game to Cancer? That’s inappropriate.
> >
> >
> > I totally agree with this, but what about the ranks that are supposed to be in rotation? I wish they would have at least slightly mentioned something about this and CE in the community update a few days ago but unfortunately they just didn’t write anything about it. That’s pretty upsetting.
>
>
> That was the most aggravating aspect. Why the heck did Bravo NOT say a thing about all the ODST troubles with achievements not popping, mention the ranks again that maybe they would be longer to drop than originally hoped, and that unfortunately their CU messed up something on CE? Yes, granted, E3 is just around the corner and they want to highlight that, but for goodness sakes a little sentence or two to say a few things about our concerns. It is just frustrating.

I wholeheartedly agree. I wonder what the real reason behind that is. The only reason I could think of as to why it wasn’t mentioned, is that 343 either truthfully has no idea how to fix CE at this moment, or they just haven’t made an effort to actually fix CE or put in ranks because of E3 coming up and just wanna get by pretending the issues don’t exist for now.

Coming Soon…

BAH HAH HAH!!!

> 2533274795233660;3:
>

Reading comprehension…
Also, what qualifies as taking your time? 10 days? A week? A month? 7 months? If they take much longer there isn’t going to be anyone to play with (TMCC)

> 2533274863544717;4:
> > 2533274795233660;3:
> > Rushing to fix something is a recipe for breaking more things. I say take your time and do it right and you’ll still have plenty of people to play with (Battlefield 4).
> >
> > Also, comparing a video game to Cancer? That’s inappropriate.
>
>
> I believe you are completely missing the point of the OP. It is not talking about the time frame of when something is going to be fixed, but the amount of information that we are getting about said fix. Unless I am wrong there hasn’t really been any acknowledgment from 343 on the forums about the issues with CE since the CU, and the last thing we officially heard here, concerning the ranked playlists, was that they were “shooting for a few days after the CU”.
>
> I don’t know if that is what the OP was intending, but it sure sounds to me like voicing an annoyance at the lack of communication from 343 in general. I don’t follow Twitter all that much, or their Facebook, or reddit where Frankie and others seem to post. I check here. This is Halo Waypoint. Shouldn’t we expect, those of us who frequent these forums, to have some kind of communication from the Community Manager about these particular issues.
>
> Maybe I am missing those posts from Bravo or others that work at 343, but I sure remember a time when we would get at least something every now and then from bs angel, and others. It’s just another thing that is slowly growing in severe disappointment.
>
> Oh, and he’s not comparing a video game to cancer, but saying that that “black eye” that Frankie was quoted saying about MCC has turned into “cancer” for 343.

Exactly. We know as much now as we did 10 days ago. I guess, all things considered, 10 days is a lot shorter than 7 months. I’m not sure why I get my hopes up anymore. 343i is killing their community, not the community.

> 2533274795233660;3:
>

Its been like 7 months…

I am also waiting for ranks. Just not worth playing unranked playlists with all the quitters, betrayers, and afk players.

> 2533274795233660;3:
>

Oh great… more high-horse moral police. The mods around here love comments like this. Gives them an excuse to randomly perma-ban.

> 2533274795233660;3:
>

Battlefield 4 was fixed in a significantly lesser timeframe than MCC. Terrible example.

On top of that, they broke something that was already working. I’m a developer myself and it should not take more than a day or two (tops!) to figure out the problem and revert the changes. Version history is a thing and I can assure you they use it.

Lastly, ranks have already been implemented for months now. Since this game came out in fact. This whole “I’m okay with waiting until it’s working properly” is the reason this game is dying. Look at Halo 2 on Xbox. Their ranks didn’t work the way the wanted to on Day 1. Guess what, they were still there! People still loved and had the incentive to play the game. And while they were broken, Bungie fixed and reworked the ranks in the background. When they were done, they reset the ranks and let everyone continue on their merry way!

Stop defending 343. These ranks should have BEEN in this game for all the playlist. They just want us to play stupid -Yoink- H2A.

Amen

Amen!

Lack of communication would be acceptable if they DIDN’T RELEASE A BROKEN GAME.
If I got what I paid for, I wouldn’t be justified in asking for updates all the time. Sure, a little follow-up should be done for ALL products, but one as broken as MCC? Should be weekly, minimum… and the weekly updates should be twice as informative as the amount of info we get on a monthly basis here. The current amount of communication is insulting and rude.