Another "broken hit registration" thread. (Video)

I know people have been complaining about the BR’s shots not registering, but the sniper is also pretty bad.

Video proof: - YouTube

I know some people are going to say “host”, but when you can literally see the bullet trail stop where the guy was, it definitely should have registered as a hit. Old Halo 2 had its issues here and there but I rarely had issues with the sniper, especially at this relatively short range for a sniper.

> 2584208357643328;1:
> I know people have been complaining about the BR’s shots not registering, but the sniper is also pretty bad.
>
> Video proof: - YouTube
>
> I know some people are going to say “host”, but when you can literally see the bullet trail stop where the guy was, it definitely should have registered as a hit. Old Halo 2 had its issues here and there but I rarely had issues with the sniper, especially at this relatively short range for a sniper.

I know all about that my friends and I have tons of videos of like 3 or 4 headshot brs after the shield was broken and just blood blood blood.

Also a buddy was mentioning that he read that because they made halo 2 classic run at 60fps (supposedly) that the hit detection is just screwed up, compared to the normal 30-32 fps we are used to. I’ll have to find the article or thread and post a link for ya but I’m sure that has a lot to do with it cause all I want to do is play classic but can’t enjoy it like I remember because of the hit detection problem.

It’s probably because 343 decided to use old non-updated/non-patched versions of all 4 games. The Halo 2 game in MCC is a port of the Halo 2 Windows Vista version, and in the PC version this hit detection problem was probably patched a long time ago. 343 was just stupid as hell and used an old non-patched version of the game. The fact that 343 did this blows my mind. It makes no freaking sense.

Halo 2 classic sniping is so broken. Hits at long rang dont register properly whatsoever

> 2533274798043823;3:
> It’s probably because 343 decided to use old non-updated/non-patched versions of all 4 games. The Halo 2 game in MCC is a port of the Halo 2 Windows Vista version, and in the PC version this hit detection problem was probably patched a long time ago. 343 was just stupid as hell and used an old non-patched version of the game. The fact that 343 did this blows my mind. It makes no freaking sense.

You know what else seems very pre patched? The ranking system. Remember back when Halo 2 came out it was absolutely hard as hell to get past level 20. Then bungie patched the ranking system and then the ranking system became more tolerable where your 37s to 41s was where you could see who was good an who wasn’t.

Like if you were to give ranks an evaluation it would look something like this:

1-10 Noob Player
11-19 Barely Casual Player
20-27 Casual Player
28-34 Good Player
35-41 Great Player
41-46 Awesome Player(some may have boosted)
47-50 You Probably Boosted/Modded/Bridged

Seen very little actual 49s lost my 41 to a legit
group of 48s 49s game ended 27-29 on Terminal

Here is more proof of terrible hit detection or latency.

These are video clips form a couple friends when we were split up by this terrible MM system but you can see how broken Halo 2 Classic can be

Bad Hit Detection 1

Bad Hit Detection 2

It’s super frustrating how bad the hit detection is off host.

You really have to lead your shots a crazy amount… on a good host though Halo 2 Classic feels great. I’ve also “LANed” (if we should even call it that) the game and it plays ok as well.

I wish it was the Xbox port… I would even trade it and lose the 60fps in a heart beat.

Can’t wait til Team Hardcore comes back.