Another big problem with the DMR that has not been spoken about.

Bloom sucks. we all know. But an even bigger problem lurks that really does not help the game.
I am of course talking about the swing of the DMR.

Sorry. I find myself swinging my DMR around a lot. I find it to be a problem when I have to play with the sensitivity on 1 just so I don’t have to swing my shots. It’s just not steady. When I pace my shots it just seems like the redical wants to go everywhere anyway. I cant snipe on 1 and the swing on the DMR just is a peve to me. I don’t want to swing my shots around. I didn’t have this with the BR so why is the DMR like this? It sucks.

Sounds like a problem for you, the DMR works for me fine.

This only happens to me when I’ve not played for a week or so. It doesn’t take too long to get used to it again. Just jump into a custom firefight/octagon session with just your DMR and concentrate on the position of the reticle. I also wouldn’t recommend regularly changing your sensitivity as this plays havoc with your subconscious, which is the part of your psyche that should be doing the aiming 90% of the time. If you have to change it at all, set it to 10 instead for no more than a minute. When you move it back to 3-5 you’ll feel a lot more in control.

But think what would happen if bloom was completely removed. The DMR would be a far too overpowered starter weapon and would wreck several playlists and be abused by several players.
Bloom should not be removed and be left the way it is in my opinion

You didnt prefer the H2 or even the H3 BR to the DMR? I did. I can still use either of those weapons quite well, just liked the BRs more.

I play on a 9 sensitivity, and i only notice swing when i havnt played the game for a while, a few warms ups and im fine again… But I would like to see the BR brought back to all its glory, no bloom either…

And is it too much to ask for both weapons to be in the game? In Halo 2 there was the BR (a three round burst weapon) and the carbine (a single shot weapon) both could be utilized efficiently and the same goes for them in Halo 3…

Just now that they removed the Carbine form Reach, then why cant they put both the BR and the DMR into H4? Configure them just so there are pros and cons, suited for different scenarios… simple

> But think what would happen if bloom was completely removed. The DMR would be a far too overpowered starter weapon and would wreck several playlists and be abused by several players.
> Bloom should not be removed and be left the way it is in my opinion

DMR would be too OP? DMR and all other non power weapons need to be buffed. Galo Reach has the slowest kill times of the series by far, and this is a big problem. Faster kill times among normal weapons would speed up gameplay while balancing power weapons, melee, grenades, and AAs.

> > But think what would happen if bloom was completely removed. The DMR would be a far too overpowered starter weapon and would wreck several playlists and be abused by several players.
> > Bloom should not be removed and be left the way it is in my opinion
>
> DMR would be too OP? DMR and all other non power weapons need to be buffed. Galo Reach has the slowest kill times of the series by far, and this is a big problem. Faster kill times among normal weapons would speed up gameplay while balancing power weapons, melee, grenades, and AAs.

His point is not exactly on-topic, but I see where he’s coming from. The DMR with no bloom whatsoever would basically be a semi-automatic Sniper rifle. Though I agree with your general statement in relation to slow kill times.

the spread is horrible

It sounds like you’re just not very good at aiming.

There is hardly, if any, physics when you swing your weapon around.

> > > But think what would happen if bloom was completely removed. The DMR would be a far too overpowered starter weapon and would wreck several playlists and be abused by several players.
> > > Bloom should not be removed and be left the way it is in my opinion
> >
> > DMR would be too OP? DMR and all other non power weapons need to be buffed. Galo Reach has the slowest kill times of the series by far, and this is a big problem. Faster kill times among normal weapons would speed up gameplay while balancing power weapons, melee, grenades, and AAs.
>
> His point is not exactly on-topic, but I see where he’s coming from. The DMR with no bloom whatsoever would basically be a semi-automatic Sniper rifle. Though I agree with your general statement in relation to slow kill times.

Yeah I guess there are pros and cons. Sorry to be a bit off-topic :]