Another big flaw of sprint.

I see people defending sprint with this point- " with sprint you can run back into the action faster".

I’m sorry sprint supporters but this is actually a negative attribute.

Halo is respawn game. When you die you have to wait X number of seconds before you can spawn back into the game. There’s a reason you don’t just instantly spawn back in. It’s a punishment. Or a reward for the team that killed you(depending on how you look at it).

Sprint destroys this fundamental(and key) aspect of the game by allowing freshly spawned players to sprint back into the fray. Effectively negating the punishment/reward aspect of the respawn timer.

Honestly, you can’t just add a bunch of crap to the game and not think about how it effects the basic, underlying FPS mechanics at play. Sprint doesn’t work in halo for myriad reasons. This is one of them.

Oh well.

So Sprint is a negative because it speeds up gameplay?

I don’t think the respawn timer is there as a punishment, it’s there for pacing. Five second break to let you simmer for a moment.

Your argument isn’t an argument against sprint, it’s an argument for slower movement speed. If we boost it up to where it should be then it’ll defeat whatever purpose you think there is to the respawn timer.

>

No sprint sucks. And respect others opinions.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

cool complaint bro whine again

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I don’t think the respawn timer is there as a punishment, it’s there for pacing. Five second break to let you simmer for a moment.

lol

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk but do we really need another thread about how much Sprint sucks?
Can you not just post in one of the many pre-existing threads on the same subject.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > Oh well.
>
> No sprint sucks. And respect others opinions.

Nice contradiction, bro.

Sprint is bad, that is all.

> I don’t mean to sound like a jerk but do we really need another thread about how much Sprint sucks?
> Can you not just post in one of the many pre-existing threads on the same subject.

No.

This is a different sub discussion.

>

I just can’t help but laugh.

You killed them once, do it again. The thing about people who just sprint into the fray is that they just come back to die, just faster.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> cool complaint bro whine again
> btw

Cool link bro, l2computer

> I see people defending sprint with this point- " with sprint you can run back into the action faster".
>
> I’m sorry sprint supporters but this is actually a negative attribute.
>
> Halo is respawn game. When you die you have to wait X number of seconds before you can spawn back into the game. There’s a reason you don’t just instantly spawn back in. It’s a punishment. Or a reward for the team that killed you(depending on how you look at it).
>
> Sprint destroys this fundamental(and key) aspect of the game by allowing freshly spawned players to sprint back into the fray. Effectively negating the punishment/reward aspect of the respawn timer.
>
> Honestly, you can’t just add a bunch of crap to the game and not think about how it effects the basic, underlying FPS mechanics at play. Sprint doesn’t work in halo for myriad reasons. This is one of them.

As a sprint supporter I have to say, this is one of the best arguments against sprint I have seen, not so random miscellaneous crap that some people write. I see where you are coming from, but the maps are going to be built differently, they will support these things and even regulate them, I don’t think that sprint will be used for the purposes that people think, like running away.

> > I see people defending sprint with this point- " with sprint you can run back into the action faster".
> >
> > I’m sorry sprint supporters but this is actually a negative attribute.
> >
> > Halo is respawn game. When you die you have to wait X number of seconds before you can spawn back into the game. There’s a reason you don’t just instantly spawn back in. It’s a punishment. Or a reward for the team that killed you(depending on how you look at it).
> >
> > Sprint destroys this fundamental(and key) aspect of the game by allowing freshly spawned players to sprint back into the fray. Effectively negating the punishment/reward aspect of the respawn timer.
> >
> > Honestly, you can’t just add a bunch of crap to the game and not think about how it effects the basic, underlying FPS mechanics at play. Sprint doesn’t work in halo for myriad reasons. This is one of them.
>
> As a sprint supporter I have to say, this is one of the best arguments against sprint I have seen, not so random miscellaneous crap that some people write. I see where you are coming from, but the maps are going to be built differently, they will support these things and even regulate them, I don’t think that sprint will be used for the purposes that people think, like running away.

I don’t have faith that the maps will be built well for spring. Bungie said they built Reach maps with AA’s in mind, but there are many instances where their maps are broken by AA’s.

Just because 343 says they built the maps with sprint in mind doesn’t mean it will work out in the end.

Designing the maps with sprint in mind is not a good thing.

It is for having sprint in the game but in general it will lead to awful maps. Just like reach’s.

This happens because sprint does not mesh with halo’s kill times and pacing.