Annoying Score and BIG LETTERS

Why does the score count go up by 10 points each game, and not 1?

When I first saw Halo 4, I thought that medals, headshots, etc would go towards the end-score because every time they killed someone numbers such as +5, +10, would pop up on their screen.

If you were getting points towards the end score by achieving medals and headshots it would have worked perfectly to add 100 extra points to the end score like they have done, making it 600 points instead of 500. By doing that they would let people achieve about as many kills and medals like before and ending the game in about the same time frame.

I would never have thought that, if I saw the score go to 50 and seeing people get 1 point per kill. I would already then realize that these points went to something else.

You confused me 343, and I was on the fence for not buying Halo 4 only because of that. Small numbers are also easier for the human mind to comprehend.

The second point that irritates me are all the BIG letters.

Why are all the letters big?

Every Human has a different perspective of what they think looks nice.

Some people like only small letters, others like only big letters and me, I like to mix them. I can’t do that in Halo 4.

In Halo 3 the the letters L and I looked exactly the same, giving people more choices in gamer-tags. Two peoples gamer-tags could look exactly the same, but the difference was then I and L.

To pick a random gamertag as an example, a gamertag such as “MaLn” would look like “Main” in Halo 3, but “MALN” in Halo 4.

What do you guys think?

You weren’t gonna buy Halo 4 because they slightly changed how the score looks in a way that doesn’t affect the game at all? I can’t believe these small things actually matter this much to people.

As a side note how come i cannot see the final score in the postgame stats? Isn’t that the most important thing?

I find it very annoying when it comes to setting the score limit for a customs match. It is much easier to set an amount of kills rather than an amount of points you get for killing.

You’re mad because you can’t make your lowercase L look like an uppercase I in your gamertag…? That’s sort of absurd, no offense intended. Personally I get really tired of trying to type in a gamertag to send someone a friend request or message and having to decode which combination of foreign accented letters and numbers they used to make their gamertags more ridiculous.

To be fair, mine is simply hard to pronounce. :wink:

> As a side note how come i cannot see the final score in the postgame stats? Isn’t that the most important thing?

Yes, it is. It doesn’t make any sense that we can’t see it in the post-game.

This bugged me as well. I preferred the font from the original Halo trilogy. The all caps thing is annoying and the font isn’t the prettiest. 343 didn’t have to use the same font as Bungie, but there’s gotta be something better than this.

> You’re mad because you can’t make your lowercase L look like an uppercase I in your gamertag…? That’s sort of absurd, no offense intended.

Every Human has a different perspective of what they think looks nice.

Some people like only small letters, others like only big letters and me, I like to mix them. I can’t do that in Halo 4.

L/I giving people more choices in gamer-tags.

Your gamertag is originally Alzarahn, not ALZARAHN. Why did you choose only small letters? And why aren’t you allowed to have the original size of letters in the gamer-tag you chose?

> Personally I get really tired of trying to type in a gamertag to send someone a friend request or message and having to decode which combination of foreign accented letters and numbers they used to make their gamertags more ridiculous.
>
> To be fair, mine is simply hard to pronounce. :wink:

How many times do you actually type in a gamer-tag to send them message or friend request? It seems as you even have Xbox Live as you can’t use any “foreign accented letters” in your gamer-tag. How would making everything BIG change the fact that you still have to write their original gamer-tag to send them a friend request or message?

I never paid that much attention to care about the size of my letters… Does it really matter, will it hurt your feelings if they don’t change them back to normal?

> I never paid that much attention to care about the size of my letters… Does it really matter, will it hurt your feelings if they don’t change them back to normal?

It’s a 1 time post, just to prove a point.

I WANT MY GAMER-TAG TO BE DISPLAYED HOW I MADE IT.

BUT NO, IT DEFINITELY WON’T HURT MY FEELINGS BUT I IT STILL A PROBLEM FOR THOSE THAT WANTED TO MAKE THEIR GAMER-TAG UNIQUE OR HAS TO PAY MONEY BECAUSE THE BIGGER LETTERS RUINED THEIR GAMER-TAG BECAUSE IT WENT FROM “l cool l to L COOL I”.

NOW TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:

http://www.englishclub.com/writing/caps1.htm

> > I never paid that much attention to care about the size of my letters… Does it really matter, will it hurt your feelings if they don’t change them back to normal?
>
> It’s a 1 time post, just to prove a point.
>
> I WANT MY GAMER-TAG TO BE DISPLAYED HOW I MADE IT.
>
> BUT NO, IT DEFINITELY WON’T HURT MY FEELINGS BUT I IT STILL A PROBLEM FOR THOSE THAT WANTED TO MAKE THEIR GAMER-TAG UNIQUE OR HAS TO PAY MONEY BECAUSE THE BIGGER LETTERS RUINED THEIR GAMER-TAG BECAUSE IT WENT FROM “l cool l to L COOL I”.
>
> NOW TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:
>
> http://www.englishclub.com/writing/caps1.htm

Interesting how that works with uppercase and lowercase letters.

I feel the whole scoring system is implemented in a weird way. I can see why a brand new player could get confused if every player on the team has 200+ points but the teams total is only 500.

Besides that I don’t really mind the ‘+10’ on the screen at all.

WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS UNIVERSALLY KNOWN AS A BAD IDEA.

> WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS UNIVERSALLY KNOWN AS A BAD IDEA.

DOES THIS MEAN 343I SUPPORTS CAPS LOCK AND WE SHOULD TYPE LIKE THIS?

> Every Human has a different perspective of what they think looks nice.
>
> Some people like only small letters, others like only big letters and me, I like to mix them. I can’t do that in Halo 4.
>
> L/I giving people more choices in gamer-tags.
>
> Your gamertag is originally Alzarahn, not ALZARAHN. Why did you choose only small letters? And why aren’t you allowed to have the original size of letters in the gamer-tag you chose?

I just wrote my name down in the way names are written, an initial capital and then lowercase following, like the normal rules of English grammar. Having it in all-caps doesn’t really bother me in the least.

> How many times do you actually type in a gamer-tag to send them message or friend request? It seems as you even have Xbox Live as you can’t use any “foreign accented letters” in your gamer-tag. How would making everything BIG change the fact that you still have to write their original gamer-tag to send them a friend request or message?

You’re right about the foreign accented letters now, I knew they were available for naming maps and the like but apparently are not for gamertags. In the end it’s really simple for me.

Who is easier to send a message to? EliteSanghelios or ili 3IlT354NGH3Il05 ili ? The first is a reasonable gamertag and the second may as well be Morse Code.

> WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS UNIVERSALLY KNOWN AS A BAD IDEA.

EXCEPT ON NATIONAL ALL CAPS DAY, THEN IT’S STUPID TO WRITE IN LOWER CAPS

It doesn’t bother me

> As a side note how come i cannot see the final score in the postgame stats? Isn’t that the most important thing?

That drives me so -Yoinking!- crazy I can’t even…

Does anyone notice in game the bottom score ghosts itself? (Two sets or overlapping numbers?)

You people will complain over the most insignificant of things, I swear.

YES I’VE NOTICED THAT DSIGHT, IT SEEMS QUITE INCONVENIANT

I WOULD SAY +1 BUT ACCORDING TO A NEW SYSTEM I’M GOING TO REFER TO THIS AS +10

PERSONALLY I’D LIKE TO STOP TYPING AND GET IN A LOBBY AND SEARCH BUT APPARENTLY THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS LOBBIES ANYMORE