Announcer ON/OFF option.

I love the announcer in halo games, It makes everything you do more exciting. When the announcer had something to say in halo 2 or 3, usually something impressive happened. The halo 4 announcer was taken to the max this time. When you play with a team and use call outs, lots of them, you really don’t need an extra voice telling you to defend the flag and letters on the screen for every action you do.

Hearing a overkill or extermination is such an awesome feeling but im not sure if I will enjoy it as much since i will have to deal with the announcer constantly talking every game. Hearing the announcer say “defend your flag” is like hearing “run to first base” while watching baseball.

It is not a huge problem in the game, but I do feel that some things said are unnecessary and pointless. I don’t make many threads often but I would be lying if I said i wasn’t annoyed while hearing all those announcments.

Myabe it is not this bad in a regular slayer game? IDK, but from what I saw in objective I can conclude that it may be the same in slayer.

My proposition is to have an announcer OFF/ON button. It’s not that I dont like the announcer becuase he does have an epic voice and is a great part of halo but when we have had enough of useless announcments can’t we turn them off for a few games?

Agreed. Although, I’m most likely going to get used to Jeff, it’ll be a useful feature who don’t have as much patience as me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree… It should just say things like.

BLUE TEAM, HAS THE FLAG (like HALO 1 did it… not HAlo 3 where it says, FLAG TAKEN… be specific)

or FLAG DROPPED.
Blue team, Flag Returned.

And thats all.

Hopefully

I agree. I think Jeff’s voice makes everything more epic, but it should be reserved for more significant medals. He even announces the “Headcase” medal now for when you headshot a sprinting opponent. Why does he need to say that?

I also agree about the words on the screen. Every little thing you do in Halo 4 has some kind of visual cue. I think there is far too much visual stimulation on the screen at. At one time, you could have 4 weapons, a waypoint over the flag carrier, a waypoint over your flag, tags for all of your team mates, plus a whole bunch of points which also tell you exactly what kind of kill you got. It’s kind of overkill, IMO.

I’m enjoying all of the new info about H4 and I’m super hyped for the game, but some of this really needs to be toned down. The majority of players aren’t brain dead and can actually recognize what they did without 3 visual cues and an announcement.

> Hopefully

I know you are a competitive player, Im not your friend but i do see you in powerful BTB parties sometimes. You clearly know how much call-outs are used and when you are telling your flag carrier to run top mid, stay alive for a few more seconds, drop flag and team shoot, stay behind me, other way they are spawning at their rocks ect ect, The announcer making pointless coaching sessions in the middle of game will be annoying.

> I agree. I think Jeff’s voice makes everything more epic, but it should be reserved for more significant medals. He even announces the “Headcase” medal now for when you headshot a sprinting opponent. Why does he need to say that?
>
> I also agree about the words on the screen. Every little thing you do in Halo 4 has some kind of visual cue. I think there is far too much visual stimulation on the screen at. At one time, you could have 4 weapons, a waypoint over the flag carrier, a waypoint over your flag, tags for all of your team mates, plus a whole bunch of points which also tell you exactly what kind of kill you got. It’s kind of overkill, IMO.
>
> I’m enjoying all of the new info about H4 and I’m super hyped for the game, but some of this really needs to be toned down. The majority of players aren’t brain dead and can actually recognize what they did without 3 visual cues and an announcement.

Probably said it better than me! Great job dude! This needs to be toned down, i don’t need to have a coaching session by the announcer ever game.

The most announcments are made in multi team becuase several teams are taking the lead or getting the objective or whatever, there will probably be twice as many announcments.

Multi-team game.

“Green team has taken the lead”
" Blue team is now controlling the hill!"
“Red has died with the ball!”
“Game over, Have a nice day!”

way to copy my topic, but yea, i would like an option to tone the anouncer down to the bare mininum.

People who voted NO probably think i wanted the annoucer gone forever, which is not the case.

Yeah completely agree. I’m cool if this is the direction they want to take, but I don’t need to be told I got a headshot or assassination through an announcement.

Save it for amazing stuff, and if not, give me an option to mute it. Please. Or it’s going to get old very quick - remember “CLOSE CALL!” in the Reach beta?

“You are carrying the ball!”

“You are still carrying the ball, FYI!!!”

Some suggestions for new announcements in Halo 5 from reddit:

“YOU JUST ASSISTED YOUR TEAMMATE IN GETTING A KILL!”

“SCOPED KILL!”

“RELOADING SPREE!”

“STEP TAKEN!”

“YOU HAVE WON THE ENEMY TEAM!”
“YOU HAVE DROPPED THE FLAG, PICK IT UP!”
“BODY SHOT!”
“GRENADE KILL!”
“YOU GOT A MELEE KILL!”
“MELEE FRENZY!”
" RESPAWNING FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO ONE, YOU RESPAWN!"
“SHIELDS DOWN TAKE COVER!”
“THE ENEMY IS NOW !”
“DEFEND THE FLAG!” opps that one is already in there.

“You fired your weapon”
“You’re receiving enemy fire”
“You got killed”
“SR-71 in the air”

I would like the option to turn him off, but I doubt 343 will implement it.

Jeff Steitzer has become a joke. A bad, bad joke. :’(

> > Hopefully
>
> I know you are a competitive player, Im not your friend but i do see you in powerful BTB parties sometimes. You clearly know how much call-outs are used and when you are telling your flag carrier to run top mid, stay alive for a few more seconds, drop flag and team shoot, stay behind me, other way they are spawning at their rocks ect ect, The announcer making pointless coaching sessions in the middle of game will be annoying.

I’ve kind of grown used to it. Flag juggling never bothered me in Halo 2 or 3, and so many people hated the constant voice.

If you think being annoyed by flag juggling “flag taken flag dropped”, then you will blow your head when you hear the excessive announcments added to halo 4. I wouldn’t be making this thread if i didn’t like the announcer, i love him, but i don’t want him to be overdone becuase he will lose his excitment.

> Jeff Steitzer has become a joke. A bad, bad joke. :’(

Just wait till you play multi-team, the playlist with the most announcments.

> Yeah completely agree. I’m cool if this is the direction they want to take, but I don’t need to be told I got a headshot or assassination through an announcement.
>
> Save it for amazing stuff, and if not, give me an option to mute it. Please. Or it’s going to get old very quick - remember “CLOSE CALL!” in the Reach beta?

I did not know they took out CLOSE CALL from the beta. THIS gives me hope!