Anniversery

To be honest, I was a little disappointed in Anniversery.

I like how you remade Halo CE into this generation. I also liked how you can switch back and forth through generations. Reach Anniversery had great maps and playlists. I enjoyed “accidently” assasinating my friends in campaign.

On the down side, there wasn’t enough in it. Reach should have had more maps other than the Anniversery ones. If Halo 3: Mythic had all maps, why can’t Anniversery? What if someone didn’t have XBox LIVE? He/She wouldn’t be able to get Noble and Defiant which had good maps. For Anniversery, why couldn’t we play with a local buddy and with someone over LIVE? When someone requested to play with my bro, I had to sit and watch. Not fun.

I do like Anniversery, but I think that you guys could have done a better job.

There is always room for inprovement in every game. But you must remember, 343i had a very specific time schedual, November 15. Also most of 343i staff was focused on Halo 4. I think they only had 7 maps because it was Bungie’s favorite number. Maybe a good bye gift? And not having Live has been an issue involving maps for every game. Of course, later you could buy the game complete with all the maps, but at the beginning its always been Live only. And you can use the Guest profile, it has live connection. Then you could play with someone else if your own profile doesn’t have Live. I do it with my sister and her friend all the time.

You know, I’ve realized I haven’t touched CEA in the past two weeks and went back to Reach. Looking at the game now (CEA) I’m not so impressed with it myself now. Better graphics are nice and all, but now I think I was actually hoping for a true remake but instead CEA is just a re-skinned game with absolutely zero enhancements like it should have been.

Still a fun game to play but there should have been more added to it to make it stand out more.

> You know, I’ve realized I haven’t touched CEA in the past two weeks and went back to Reach. Looking at the game now (CEA) I’m not so impressed with it myself now. Better graphics are nice and all, but now I think I was actually hoping for a true remake but instead CEA is just a re-skinned game with absolutely zero enhancements like it should have been.
>
> Still a fun game to play but there should have been more added to it to make it stand out more.

I completely agree.

> You know, I’ve realized I haven’t touched CEA in the past two weeks and went back to Reach. Looking at the game now (CEA) I’m not so impressed with it myself now. Better graphics are nice and all, but now I think I was actually hoping for a true remake but instead CEA is just a re-skinned game with absolutely zero enhancements like it should have been.
>
> Still a fun game to play but there should have been more added to it to make it stand out more.

The thing is tho. If they did that people would complain. Not that they don’t now. Its really a no win situation. People can never just be happy with what they get. No one forced anyone to buy this game.
You get:
better graphics
terminals
skulls
Easter eggs
reliving the first game etc…
What more do you want?
Also remember that 343 and certain affinity we’re on a tight schedule. Who knows what else was on the board, but had to be taken off because of time restraints.

> > You know, I’ve realized I haven’t touched CEA in the past two weeks and went back to Reach. Looking at the game now (CEA) I’m not so impressed with it myself now. Better graphics are nice and all, but now I think <mark>I was actually hoping for a true remake but instead CEA is just a re-skinned game with absolutely zero enhancements like it should have been</mark>.
> >
> > Still a fun game to play but there should have been more added to it to make it stand out more.
>
> The thing is tho. If they did that people would complain. Not that they don’t now. Its really a no win situation. People can never just be happy with what they get. No one forced anyone to buy this game.
> You get:
> better graphics
> terminals
> skulls
> Easter eggs
> reliving the first game etc…
> What more do you want?
> Also remember that 343 and certain affinity we’re on a tight schedule. Who knows what else was on the board, but had to be taken off because of time restraints.

It’s not even any of that…his statement practically cancels itself out with the highlighted.

Reskin = Remake. Technically…the original WAS there. All you had to do was press Select.

And not even that, Math hit it perfectly with what was “added”. For a less than retail price tag, everyone got more than their moneys worth compared to the original CE.

Oh wait, let’s also not forget the added INTEGRATION to Reach with maps and classic gameplay options, especially the nice use of Installation 04 as a Firefight map. Just as well, the integration with the XBL Waypoint and Reach as well is pretty awesome.

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.