Anniversary Throwback Playlist - Make Perm Social

Now I’m personally not a greatly skilled player of Halo (5), but I have noticed people are getting too serious when playing Halo 5 and competitive rank and winning and showing skill and getting req points are like the highest priorities to a lot of people lately I’ve noticed. Halo 5 needs more variety in their permanent social playlists because out of most the social playlists most don’t fit with what I like to do in halo and it might be true with a lot of people of maybe not (you tell me / tell 343 XD).
Point is I like the slayer and arena modes but those are ranked playlists and matchmaking isn’t the best for low skill people like me people take it too seriously, try too hard, or just simply way too good at it compared to myself. I say that’s fine if people that want to play of that caliber go for it but some of the only similar permanent shielded slayer/arena style games in the social playlists are like BTB (which most of the time as really bad server connections (big downer for me personally) and maybe a few others but they don’t really suite me.

Now I’ve noticed that The Anniversary Throwback Playlist is getting a lot of praise not just from myself but from others on youtube, twitch and xbox/halo communities. I really like the truly social environment of this playlist and the truly awesome mix between old and new Halo experience by putting in all the good stuff from old and new. Granted that some of the play list needs tweaking and work (hang em high (don’t really like the map at all (list too long of stuff I don’t like about it lol) ), spawn points/spawning/spawn killing in certain maps, etc) but all things considered overall its a fantastic playlist and I personally would love to see it become a permanent social playlist.

I would like to hear what the community thinks about this but I’m going to put my opinion out there and that’s I’d really like to see the Anniversary Throwback Playlist get a permanent social playlist slot (or at least keep it till we get a classic halo playlist (but I really like the Halo 5 mechanics and perks in Anniversary) ). What do you guys think? Do you agree? Not agree (don’t want it to stay)? Agree but have different opinions or thoughts?

I’d love to hear your thoughts and I’m sure if 343 care enough (assuming the community cares enough) would love to hear them too. -GLHF

I played this for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed every second of it, win or lose. I’m enjoying the old maps too, beaver creek was a good throwback so to speak. I would love to see this become a permanent seeing how much effort has been put into recreating the maps.

I’ve had time to play a few games and I have to say I really like the playlist. Hopefully it stays.

I love this mode. Maybe it’s because I’m better at CE than any of the other Halos (not overly great by any means), but I’ve had a blast playing this playlist. I hope the keep it so I have something to enjoy playing at LEAST until the new Grifball update, or a full on Classic playlist with maps from the original trilogy :slight_smile:

I’ve gotten to play one game on prisoner, and it was AMAZING. If this playlist goes away I’ll be pretty sad :frowning:

Nah, it plays awful and there are far better modes that can do much better than a throwback imitating the past with unbalanced weapons.

I’m Glad to hear a lot of you enjoy the playlist as much as I do. I think its a lot of fun its something that doesn’t have to be balanced as much and doesn’t really need to be changed etc like they do for competitive maps. I think its almost perfect (change a few things like spawning issues) one thing I really wish they had (I feel like it used to be in halo but I forget) is being able to move objects like shots and grenade throws through portals. But since Halo 5 has very little use of portals the mechanics of portals is very limited I noticed. Overall I really enjoy it. Best part you don’t have to be great at it to enjoy it. I think it would benefit the community to separate the competitive and social communities better people they honestly don’t mix really well most the time.

> 2533274923562209;6:
> Nah, it plays awful and there are far better modes that can do much better than a throwback imitating the past with unbalanced weapons.

I’m sorry to hear that, What don’t you like about the play list I mean I will admit it has its flaws but the flaws aren’t huge so its an overall fantastic experience. I gotta ask are you more of a competitive player and enjoy the ranked playlists and/or high ranked CSR? You need to be a little more constructive in your criticism. What exactly are your issues and what don’t you like?

> 2736338880751237;2:
> I played this for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed every second of it, win or lose. I’m enjoying the old maps too, beaver creek was a good throwback so to speak. I would love to see this become a permanent seeing how much effort has been put into recreating the maps.

Lol I love to hear that people are enjoying it that much like myself XD. Also its kind of bugging me I’m pretty sure it’s “Battle Creek” feel free to prove me wrong if you are correct but I think you got the name wrong XD.

> 2535410972998653;7:
> I’m Glad to hear a lot of you enjoy the playlist as much as I do. I think its a lot of fun its something that doesn’t have to be balanced as much and doesn’t really need to be changed etc like they do for competitive maps. I think its almost perfect (change a few things like spawning issues) one thing I really wish they had (I feel like it used to be in halo but I forget) is being able to move objects like shots and grenade throws through portals. But since Halo 5 has very little use of portals the mechanics of portals is very limited I noticed. Overall I really enjoy it. Best part you don’t have to be great at it to enjoy it. I think it would benefit the community to separate the competitive and social communities better people they honestly don’t mix really well most the time.
>
>
> > 2533274923562209;6:
> > Nah, it plays awful and there are far better modes that can do much better than a throwback imitating the past with unbalanced weapons.
>
> I’m sorry to hear that, What don’t you like about the play list I mean I will admit it has its flaws but the flaws aren’t huge so its an overall fantastic experience. I gotta ask are you more of a competitive player and enjoy the ranked playlists and/or high ranked CSR? You need to be a little more constructive in your criticism. What exactly are your issues and what don’t you like?
>
>
> > 2736338880751237;2:
> > I played this for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed every second of it, win or lose. I’m enjoying the old maps too, beaver creek was a good throwback so to speak. I would love to see this become a permanent seeing how much effort has been put into recreating the maps.
>
> Lol I love to hear that people are enjoying it that much like myself XD. Also its kind of bugging me I’m pretty sure it’s “Battle Creek” feel free to prove me wrong if you are correct but I think you got the name wrong XD.

Why don’t I like it? Cuz the maps play awful as they’re not fit to coexist with h5s gameplay. Hence why I said it’s “imitating”. I also mentioned unbalanced weapons meaning the CE magnum. To much magnetism to it while it being a 3 shot doesn’t make it very fun competitively or casually. You like dieing so fast on small maps? At least make it hard to use which in turn makes it more rewarding. This anniversary thing doesn’t give me hope for the classic playlist at all. Me being competitive or not doesn’t influence my dislike for this really, it plays bad both ways and I’d never expect anyone to play an unbalanced mode competitively anyways.

there, you have my detailed criticism.

> 2533274923562209;8:
> > 2535410972998653;7:
> > I’m Glad to hear a lot of you enjoy the playlist as much as I do. I think its a lot of fun its something that doesn’t have to be balanced as much and doesn’t really need to be changed etc like they do for competitive maps. I think its almost perfect (change a few things like spawning issues) one thing I really wish they had (I feel like it used to be in halo but I forget) is being able to move objects like shots and grenade throws through portals. But since Halo 5 has very little use of portals the mechanics of portals is very limited I noticed. Overall I really enjoy it. Best part you don’t have to be great at it to enjoy it. I think it would benefit the community to separate the competitive and social communities better people they honestly don’t mix really well most the time.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274923562209;6:
> > > Nah, it plays awful and there are far better modes that can do much better than a throwback imitating the past with unbalanced weapons.
> >
> > I’m sorry to hear that, What don’t you like about the play list I mean I will admit it has its flaws but the flaws aren’t huge so its an overall fantastic experience. I gotta ask are you more of a competitive player and enjoy the ranked playlists and/or high ranked CSR? You need to be a little more constructive in your criticism. What exactly are your issues and what don’t you like?
> >
> >
> > > 2736338880751237;2:
> > > I played this for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed every second of it, win or lose. I’m enjoying the old maps too, beaver creek was a good throwback so to speak. I would love to see this become a permanent seeing how much effort has been put into recreating the maps.
> >
> > Lol I love to hear that people are enjoying it that much like myself XD. Also its kind of bugging me I’m pretty sure it’s “Battle Creek” feel free to prove me wrong if you are correct but I think you got the name wrong XD.
>
> Why don’t I like it? Cuz the maps play awful as they’re not fit to coexist with h5s gameplay. Hence why I said it’s “imitating”. I also mentioned unbalanced weapons meaning the CE magnum. To much magnetism to it while it being a 3 shot doesn’t make it very fun competitively or casually. You like dieing so fast on small maps? At least make it hard to use which in turn makes it more rewarding. This anniversary thing doesn’t give me hope for the classic playlist at all. Me being competitive or not doesn’t influence my dislike for this really, it plays bad both ways and I’d never expect anyone to play an unbalanced mode competitively anyways.
>
> there, you have my detailed criticism.

I just want to say yes the CE mag has great bullet magnetism but its not much more then the guns in halo 5, the CE mag is buffed slightly but it basically works exactly like it did in Halo: CE, the 3 shot kill is a slightly faster BR kill (which also has a high bullet mag) and its still slower then SWAT (which is a competitive play list). Technically the maps in throwback are larger then halo 5 arena maps but smaller then BTB maps. So if you look in comparison its a middle ground. maps are slightly bigger then h5 arena maps, TTK is slightly faster then standard slayer but slower then swat. But hell have you see some of the TTK with mag in the real H:CE? its ridiculous. I’m sorry you don’t like it but its honestly not as bad as your saying it is. I’d invite you to look through a different lens but other than that I am sorry you don’t find it enjoyable and I wish you luck in your Halo war games endeavors.

I would love to keep this as a permanent mode in Halo 5. I almost wished it was ranked though to make more fair matches. I tend to lose a lot more in this mode than any other.

> 2535410972998653;7:
> I’m Glad to hear a lot of you enjoy the playlist as much as I do. I think its a lot of fun its something that doesn’t have to be balanced as much and doesn’t really need to be changed etc like they do for competitive maps. I think its almost perfect (change a few things like spawning issues) one thing I really wish they had (I feel like it used to be in halo but I forget) is being able to move objects like shots and grenade throws through portals. But since Halo 5 has very little use of portals the mechanics of portals is very limited I noticed. Overall I really enjoy it. Best part you don’t have to be great at it to enjoy it. I think it would benefit the community to separate the competitive and social communities better people they honestly don’t mix really well most the time.
>
>
> > 2533274923562209;6:
> > Nah, it plays awful and there are far better modes that can do much better than a throwback imitating the past with unbalanced weapons.
>
> I’m sorry to hear that, What don’t you like about the play list I mean I will admit it has its flaws but the flaws aren’t huge so its an overall fantastic experience. I gotta ask are you more of a competitive player and enjoy the ranked playlists and/or high ranked CSR? You need to be a little more constructive in your criticism. What exactly are your issues and what don’t you like?
>
>
> > 2736338880751237;2:
> > I played this for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed every second of it, win or lose. I’m enjoying the old maps too, beaver creek was a good throwback so to speak. I would love to see this become a permanent seeing how much effort has been put into recreating the maps.
>
> Lol I love to hear that people are enjoying it that much like myself XD. Also its kind of bugging me I’m pretty sure it’s “Battle Creek” feel free to prove me wrong if you are correct but I think you got the name wrong XD.

You are right, Beaver Creek was the Halo 2 map name, my bad! haha

In other news, in regards to the CE magnum and its TTK and magnetism. I think everyone has a fair chance to do well as we all have the same “power weapon”. Aswell as other power weapons around the map. What I think is slightly off putting is with the Magnum being such a good tool of destruction, I find myself just soley using that. The AR almost seems like it’s in there just for the sake of being an old throwback weapon. So it just is a useless weapon for me.

As for the maps and how the mechanics of movement are in halo 5. There are some nice additions like being able to get on top of these buildings and areas that in the old games could have required some trick jumping with jump crouch. So it has made it more accessible to everyone and less of a camping spot because it is easier to get there. That being said, people hiding around corners with sticky grenades and the like is still there so nothing new at all.

If anything I would like to see more maps from other halo games and similar weapons that would have been used in said games. I know the Headlong map was implemented a while ago as a BTB map but for some reason or not, I just couldn’t handle with it. But I think the smaller slayer maps like Lockout could be quite interesting with some of the clamber abilities.

> 2533274884533693;10:
> I would love to keep this as a permanent mode in Halo 5. I almost wished it was ranked though to make more fair matches. I tend to lose a lot more in this mode than any other.

I could understand that BUT 343 matchmaking lately is kind of bad recently lol (ranked playlist lol) like focused and balanced matchmaking still matches you with and against people way higher rank than you. It’s a good idea none the less but I’d only want to see it if implemented correctly. :smiley: Also I always love hearing feedback plus hearing people that are enjoying the playlist as much as I do.

> 2736338880751237;11:
> > 2535410972998653;7:
> > (this quote box wont go away without deleting the other quote XD )
>
> You are right, Beaver Creek was the Halo 2 map name, my bad! haha
>
> In other news, in regards to the CE magnum and its TTK and magnetism. I think everyone has a fair chance to do well as we all have the same “power weapon”. Aswell as other power weapons around the map. What I think is slightly off putting is with the Magnum being such a good tool of destruction, I find myself just soley using that. The AR almost seems like it’s in there just for the sake of being an old throwback weapon. So it just is a useless weapon for me.
>
> As for the maps and how the mechanics of movement are in halo 5. There are some nice additions like being able to get on top of these buildings and areas that in the old games could have required some trick jumping with jump crouch. So it has made it more accessible to everyone and less of a camping spot because it is easier to get there. That being said, people hiding around corners with sticky grenades and the like is still there so nothing new at all.
>
> If anything I would like to see more maps from other halo games and similar weapons that would have been used in said games. I know the Headlong map was implemented a while ago as a BTB map but for some reason or not, I just couldn’t handle with it. But I think the smaller slayer maps like Lockout could be quite interesting with some of the clamber abilities.

I will have to apologize I’ve nvr played Halo Multiplayer before Halo 5 so feel free to correct me if I get anything wrong. That out of the way.
I enjoy Halo 5 and how they have balanced the weapons decently well still some issues but overall pretty well balanced. Back in Halo: CE and a few previous Halo games Guns where not balanced the same some weapons where much more viable then others the loadout in CE was the same as Halo 5 AR and Magnum but the CE AR was worthless at anything other then point blank and the Magnum was a 3 shot kill to those who wielded the skill to use it. Thus I have heard that the magnum was a go to weapon for several editions of Halo because of the power of the magnum.

In Anniversary Throwback the AR and Magnums are included like usual but its the balanced Halo 5 AR (which I really like what they did with the H5 AR) and the CE Magnum which is what we consider in Halo 5 a Power weapon but back then it was a loadout sooo everyone gets it XD (plus its the star of the show in my opinion). You just have to remember Halo 5 has medium TTK but Anniversary only has slightly faster because of the CE mag that every has (plus technically the CE Magnum has to require more skill then Halo 5 weapons because you have to master aiming with a larger radical (Halo 5 has smaller radicals to help hit shots precisely) yes it has bullet magnetism but you can still get shoulder/neck shots as I like to call them meaning you hit the Spartan but missed the head.

As with the maps I love the Halo 5 mechanics and adds a different level of play for average users without having to master advanced jumping techniques but also keeping it the same for Halo 5 users and people that have never played CE or earlier halos that required skills that aren’t used much anymore. I agree completely (mostly XD) maps are same old same old people can abuse teleporters and tight corners but nothing new really. my biggest issues with the playlist is spawning issues not as bad as OG CE but still bad need to be fixed its soooo easy to spawn camp and even use a different level and drop down on a spawn as soo as a person spawns etc needs fixed but nothing major.

Thank you for your feedback I’d love to hear everyone’s feedback and opinions and I’d really like for this gamemode to stay. (Tell your friends to shoot their opinions positive or negative on the forum.) It always help and I love hearing opinions on things like this.

Thank you Everyone for your Participation in this forum and I have enjoyed hearing all of your opinions.

I’d be for a social playlist based off the Anniversary Playlist.

I’d just recommend throwing in some 2 and 3 maps as well.

It’s great playing Battle Creek again

> 2533274873873545;15:
> I’d be for a social playlist based off the Anniversary Playlist.
>
> I’d just recommend throwing in some 2 and 3 maps as well.
>
> It’s great playing Battle Creek again

I know right! Its like my favorite map! :smiley:

I enjoy this mode a lot, especially to take a break from slayer. The only thing I would really like to see is more classic maps (from Halo CE-3) added to the rotation.

I could see that but 343 isn’t great about map rotations anyway lol. just look at ranked slayer lol almost every game is on truth or regret (I hardly ever see the newer maps like riptide) but I can understand people want more maps lol (I honestly feel like narrowing it down to a few of the good maps (better maps) )
Thank you for your feedback and opinion. I enjoy interacting with people on the forums.

> 2535410972998653;18:
> I could see that but 343 isn’t great about map rotations anyway lol. just look at ranked slayer lol almost every game is on truth or regret (I hardly ever see the newer maps like riptide) but I can understand people want more maps lol (I honestly feel like narrowing it down to a few of the good maps (better maps) )
> Thank you for your feedback and opinion. I enjoy interacting with people on the forums.

If you think map rotation on Halo is bad, play 5 games of Infinite Warfare and you will play Breakout at least 3 times.

But there are just so many iconic classic Halo maps that should be included in this playlist. Lockout. Guardian. Ivory Tower. I could go on. There is just too much potential to be satisfied with what the current playlist is.

> 2533274797328974;19:
> > 2535410972998653;18:
> > I could see that but 343 isn’t great about map rotations anyway lol. just look at ranked slayer lol almost every game is on truth or regret (I hardly ever see the newer maps like riptide) but I can understand people want more maps lol (I honestly feel like narrowing it down to a few of the good maps (better maps) )
> > Thank you for your feedback and opinion. I enjoy interacting with people on the forums.
>
> If you think map rotation on Halo is bad, play 5 games of Infinite Warfare and you will play Breakout at least 3 times.
>
> But there are just so many iconic classic Halo maps that should be included in this playlist. Lockout. Guardian. Ivory Tower. I could go on. There is just too much potential to be satisfied with what the current playlist is.

lol, that sounds terrible. Though I don’t play Call of Duty. (doesn’t CoD have the ability to skip/vote for maps though?) I don’t enjoy twitch shooters. I understand that need more iconic maps in playlist I get that.
I’m just sayin I would be opposed to just play like dammnation, battle creek, and chillout only in Anniversary lol (those are the best 3 in my opinion (rat race is okay) )