Anniversary SKULL Discussion

Removed due to thread already being covered:

https://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst37063_The-Official-Skull-and-Terminal-Hunting-Guide—Halo-CEA.aspx

Well, for those who missed the Weekly Bulletin, 343 has announced the Skulls that will appear in Anniversary. Some new, some old. This thread is for discussion on the skulls. Be it what they will do, what levels will be harder/easier with which skulls, or anything else. Discuss it here.

(Skulls are colored as they appear in-game [Gold skulls are colored RED and Silver skulls are colored BLUE, “?” refer to probable returning skulls with new names which could instead be new skulls)

Returning Skulls
Black Eye
Shields do not recharge until you melee an enemy.

Famine
Weapons have less ammo in them.

Fog(?)(was called Cloud in reach)
No radar.

Grunt Birthday Party
Grunts explode with confetti when shot in the head.

Iron
If you die in single player, you restart from the beginning of the level. If one player dies in multiplayer, you restart from last checkpoint.

Mythic
All enemies take more damage.

New Skulls
Grunt Funeral
Grunts explode like plasma grenades when killed. Only available to those who preorder Anniversary. Actual skull color unknown.

Bandana
No current info…

Boom
No current info…

Eyepatch
No current info…

Foreign
No current info…

Pinata
No current info…

Recession
No current info…

Malfunction
No current info…

Things To Know About Skulls
According to previous Halos, we can assume that GOLD skulls tend to go against the player, and SILVER skulls tend to simply change the game a bit without really changing base difficulty.

>

My Theories

Bandana: I’m guessing the “bandana” is a reference to Rambo, in that perhaps when activated, you take less damage?

Boom: Due to the absence of “Cowbell”, I am assuming this will take it’s place, providing bigger explosions.

Eyepatch: I’m assuming this skull will take the place of “Blind”. However, I believe that this version of “Blind” removes HUD, Radar, and everything EXCEPT crosshairs. that would explain an eyepatch, as it only leaves you “partially” blind.

Foreign: My guess is that this replaces all weapons with covenant weapons.

Pinata: I’m guessing this skull enables more weapons & grenades to drop from NPC’s, similar to candy spilling from a pinata.

Recession: I’m guessing this is similar to Famine… except perhaps even more hardcore. The picture is of a weapon with 1 bullet in the chamber. Perhaps all projectile weapons (leaving out energy-based weapons such as plasma rifles and pistols, etc) have only 1 bullet in them.

Malfunction: Hard to tell on this one. I’m guessing this skull allows for energy-based weapons (plasma rifles, plasma pistols, etc) to randomly overheat (malfunction).

Your font color is hard to read. You should probably change it.

> Your font color is hard to read. You should probably change it.

Yeah, I meant to press “Preview” but accidentally clicked “post” so I’m currently changing it.

You know there’s already an entire topic on this with the actual effects of the skulls, right?

EDIT: Here it is.