Anniversary maps required now?

So I tried to play matchmaking today in Reach. I have all DLC other than Anniv. Maps. I cannot play competitive maps at all. Says im missing the required maps. Its just me signed in, and I went to the marketplace and checked both Noble and Def map packs. Both are downloaded, and I even chose the re download option on both.

No luck. Are they required?

Thanks.

Kevin

Which playlist were you trying to access???

In the standard completive playlists I’m pretty sure you don’t but when you get into the anniversary playlists thats a must…

No DLC is required to play any playlist except for the Anniversary Playlists.

I can get into the playlist fine, and i only have Noble+Defiant.
343 are just pressuring you to buy the maps.

It says the Anniv DLC is recommended, not required.

Well, for a couple days now…it wont let me play any competitive maps. Even when not in Anniv. playlists…should i delete my DLC and re-download? When my friend signs in by himself (who does own the Anniv Maps) he can play any playlist in REACH. If he signs out, I cannot play any…

> Well, for a couple days now…it wont let me play any competitive maps. Even when not in Anniv. playlists…should i delete my DLC and re-download? When my friend signs in by himself (who does own the Anniv Maps) he can play any playlist in REACH. If he signs out, I cannot play any…

This is odd. None of the playlists require any DLC. So re-downloading shouldn’t help.

All I can think of to suggest is buying the Anniversary DLC. I know that is neither a definite solution, or an optimal one at that, but you wouldn’t be wasting your money.

There needs to be some playlists that require DLC, like Team objective, or Squad slayer.

I don’t have either Noble or Defiant and I play them. It probably says your missing the RECOMMENDED maps, but it should still let you start the Matchmaking. It does for me.

We encountered a weird thing while trying to play Living Dead. The full party had the Defiant, Noble, and Anniversary map packs. In matchmaking we got a lot of Anniversary maps coming up but no Defiant, and we wanted Defiant for “All Alone”.

So we had one friend join us who had all DLC EXCEPT for Anniversary… result = ZERO DLC maps. No Defiant nor Noble maps (we tried this for multiple rounds of play).

With no Defiant maps coming up, we stopped playing Living Dead at that point.

Anyone else have this issue? Or were we just lucky?