Anniversary Map pack Question

Hey guys

It’s already well known that Anniversary will include 7 new maps, but what I would like to know is how we would be able to download & access the new maps ?

I remember hearing that the maps are included on disc, I believe this was mentioned in the Halo:CEA / Reach Multiplayer panel at HaloFest that they could not fit another map onto the disc due to space issue’s…but this begs the question If we get the option to install the Maps to the HDD what measures have been taken to stop one user lending the disc to his friend so that they can get the maps for free with out buying the game ?

Just like any DLC I would suppose if you don’t buy H:CEA. If you do buy H:CEA I imagine when you DL them you won’t be able to use the them unless you have a copy of Reach or H:CEA in your XBOX. I can’t imagine being able to DL the Maps to more than one console at a time.

> Hey guys
>
> It’s already well known that Anniversary will include 7 new maps, but what I would like to know is how we would be able to download & access the new maps ?
>
> I remember hearing that the maps are included on disc, I believe this was mentioned in the Halo:CEA / Reach Multiplayer panel at HaloFest that they could not fit another map onto the disc due to space issue’s…but this begs the question If we get the option to install the Maps to the HDD what measures have been taken to stop one user lending the disc to his friend so that they can get the maps for free with out buying the game ?

You’re misunderstanding the point -

When you install the disc to your hard-drive, you still need the disc for a boot check upon launching the game.

As far as I understand, if you have Reach installed to your hard-drive, you’ll be able to play on those maps in Matchmaking as well as the Anniversary playlists.

The maps themselves don’t ‘download’ to your hard-drive - you won’t be able to lend the disc to a friend in an attempt for him/her using the maps at the same time you plan to

> > Hey guys
> >
> > It’s already well known that Anniversary will include 7 new maps, but what I would like to know is how we would be able to download & access the new maps ?
> >
> > I remember hearing that the maps are included on disc, I believe this was mentioned in the Halo:CEA / Reach Multiplayer panel at HaloFest that they could not fit another map onto the disc due to space issue’s…but this begs the question If we get the option to install the Maps to the HDD what measures have been taken to stop one user lending the disc to his friend so that they can get the maps for free with out buying the game ?
>
> You’re misunderstanding the point -
>
> When you install the disc to your hard-drive, you still need the disc for a boot check upon launching the game.
>
> As far as I understand, if you have Reach installed to your hard-drive, you’ll be able to play on those maps in Matchmaking as well as the Anniversary playlists.
>
> The maps themselves don’t ‘download’ to your hard-drive - you won’t be able to lend the disc to a friend in an attempt for him/her using the maps at the same time you plan to

The CEA maps ARE exportable to Reach. It probably comes with a download token or something.