Anniversary IS shockingly buggy

As the title says, this game is just so incredibly messy and riddled with bugs that weren’t in the original xbox game

I’m getting a bit sick of guns getting stuck in scenery that magically spin all while sound effects go mental

The addition of the new graphics layer now means we can glitch into parts of this scenery- having my rocket launcher poke half way through a wall is not what i remember about Halo1. Actually poking my head right into certain geometry and seeing a massive glitchy mess is unforgivable

Missing green glow from the Plasma Pistol from time to time- it does however make the sounds at least

Elites on occasions manage to stick their heads through into the ceiling on the very first level

Skippy framerate in single player campaign. Really there isn’t an excuse being this ten year old game managed perfectly well a consistent 30 frames for the most. It just feels very unpolished on 360 in this area in both classic and new

Anniversary is of a very poor quality and i honestly can’t believe the extent that some people on here have gone when defending 343. All you guys do is to state how it’s ok for 343 to ship lower quality software. Worryingly MS wants or are looking into a shorter time cycle for it’s Halo products and we send a very clear message that it’s ok for them to ship shoddy work

Anyway this isn’t a fan service as stated and more like two fingers up to them

> As the title says, this game is just so incredibly messy and riddled with bugs that weren’t in the original xbox game
>
>
> <mark>I’m getting a bit sick of guns getting stuck in scenery that magically spin all while sound effects go mental</mark>
>
> The addition of the new graphics layer now means we can glitch into parts of this scenery- having my rocket launcher poke half way through a wall is not what i remember about Halo1. Actually poking my head right into certain geometry and seeing a massive glitchy mess is unforgivable
>
> Missing green glow from the Plasma Pistol from time to time- it does however make the sounds at least
>
> Elites on occasions manage to stick their heads through into the ceiling on the very first level
>
> Skippy framerate in single player campaign. Really there isn’t an excuse being this ten year old game managed perfectly well a consistent 30 frames for the most. It just feels very unpolished on 360 in this area in both classic and new
>
> Anniversary is of a very poor quality and i honestly can’t believe the extent that some people on here have gone when defending 343. All you guys do is to state how it’s ok for 343 to ship lower quality software. Worryingly MS wants or are looking into a shorter time cycle for it’s Halo products and we send a very clear message that it’s ok for them to ship shoddy work
>
>
> Anyway this isn’t a fan service as stated and more like two fingers up to them

High light = already in the game. That was there in the original just pick the stupid weapon up and drop it again if it annoys you that much.

Certainly wasn’t in the original xbox version though and anyway your solution isn’t exactly a solution. Anyhow it’s hardly right now is it?

> Certainly wasn’t in the original xbox version though and anyway your solution isn’t exactly a solution. Anyhow it’s hardly right now is it?

Its there on the marketplace version, happened many a times. I have only had it happen once in anniversary. I had it happen every other level in the original.

Well that’s extraordinary then because that doesn’t happen when i play it. And the thing is i’m talking of the original running on original hardware. I do have the emulation xbox demand version but i certainly don;t recall that either

I also had the same gun bug happen in the space of a minute while on Catogropher so you must be very lucky not to have seen it much

Yeah it’s kinda buggy, also I don’t like how cortana’s lips move when she’s saying stuff.

The new cutscenes are very hit and miss especially regards to Cortana’s/Chief’s expression and movement- it’s like 343 don’t understand subtle

> Anyway this isn’t a fan service as stated and more like two fingers up to them

Anyone who would have decried a game for the most trivial of graphical bugs would have seen two fingers regardless of what 343 actually delivered.

Now, I’m not one to mindlessly defend crap in order to hide my insecurities about it, but a “missing green glow” and mis-remembered rockets does not a bad game make. Or even any type of game, because -Yoink- so insubstantial cannot stand to give serious comment about any facet of the game. It can’t be said to succeed, it can’t be said to fail, you can’t say anything merely with wonky elite heads and rotating guns.

On the gun getting stuck in scenery glitch:

It does happen in the original game, though it does seem to occur vastly more often in Anniversary. Wouldn’t surprise me; there are some subtle but significant physics differences between the original game and Anniversary. The gun stuck in scenery glitch might actually have been one of those things they had to tweak to keep in the game, and they might have overdone the tweaking.

> > Anyway this isn’t a fan service as stated and more like two fingers up to them
>
> Anyone who would have decried a game for the most trivial of graphical bugs would have seen two fingers regardless of what 343 actually delivered.
>
> Now, I’m not one to mindlessly defend crap in order to hide my insecurities about it, but a “missing green glow” and mis-remembered rockets does not a bad game make. Or even any type of game, because Yoink! so insubstantial cannot stand to give serious comment about any facet of the game. It can’t be said to succeed, it can’t be said to fail, you can’t say anything merely with wonky elite heads and rotating guns.

Yes it’s not game breaking but shockingly buggy as i say. For some people that’s really a bigger deal than it is for you. And actually had this product been a more polished one, then no i would not be slagging into 343 one little bit. If the experience was that of the game i play on my xbox1 still, yes i’d be entirely happy- i’d rather play the game on my 360 now and so it’s shame it has issues. I can happily play this version but it should have been better than it is in some areas and people have every right to bring this up

> Skippy framerate in single player campaign. Really there isn’t an excuse being this ten year old game managed perfectly well a consistent 30 frames for the most. It just feels very unpolished on 360 in this area in both classic and new

Keep in mind that the OLD engine is what keeps the Gameplay still feel the same and at the same time run another engine to show the ‘HD’ graphics. The old Engine Itself was DESIGNED for the Original Xbox and on top of that, you get another engine to improve the graphics. I myself experience FPS drops in certain areas, but other than that, It pretty much keeps a steady Frame Rate throughout the game.

I think what a lot of people don’t understand about Anniversary is that it is an EXACT replica of CE. Everything but the graphics is exactly the same. I’m not saying I totally agree with it, I’m spelling it out as it is. I think that 343i was a little too afraid of upsetting people by innovating or changing the game. Honestly, I wouldn’t have minded if if the campaign played like Reach and the vehicles were up to date. Little things like the weapon getting stuck in the scenery glitch could have been fixed, but never the less Anniversary was, in my opinion another great addition to the Halo library.

Why are you coming on a Halo website just to complain…? All games have bugs bro, honestly if you didnt like it, you wouldnt be playing it so just enjoy yourself and relax…plus 343 wasnt putting 100% of their team on Anniversary. They have been working on Halo 4 since like 2009.

This is getting beyond a joke. I’m not even going to address your points, nor those who are like you any more. I really do hope that you realise how pathetic you sound.

anyone have a coop game over live play with out lag? phhh, right now im stuck at blackscreen while my friend plays the lvl.

Many of the glitches you listed were, in fact, in the original edition. The only thing I’ve noticed are that sometimes items, like you said, fuse with the scenery. Not a big deal, though. I’ve also noticed the frame-rate issues. Again, it’s not too bad but not perfect, either.

> Many of the glitches you listed were, in fact, in the original edition. The only thing I’ve noticed are that sometimes items, like you said, fuse with the scenery. Not a big deal, though. <mark>I’ve also noticed the frame-rate issues. Again, it’s not too bad but not perfect, either.</mark>

I agree. Like what I said earlier…

> Keep in mind that the OLD engine is what keeps the Gameplay still feel the same and at the same time run another engine to show the ‘HD’ graphics. The old Engine Itself was DESIGNED for the Original Xbox and on top of that, you get another engine to improve the graphics.

I can honestly say ive never had any of these

> As the title says, this game is just so incredibly messy and riddled with bugs that weren’t in the original xbox game
>
>
> I’m getting a bit sick of guns getting stuck in scenery that magically spin all while sound effects go mental
>
> The addition of the new graphics layer now means we can glitch into parts of this scenery- having my rocket launcher poke half way through a wall is not what i remember about Halo1. Actually poking my head right into certain geometry and seeing a massive glitchy mess is unforgivable
>
> Missing green glow from the Plasma Pistol from time to time- it does however make the sounds at least
>
> Elites on occasions manage to stick their heads through into the ceiling on the very first level
>
> <mark>Skippy framerate in single player campaign.</mark> Really there isn’t an excuse being this ten year old game managed perfectly well a consistent 30 frames for the most. It just feels very unpolished on 360 in this area in both classic and new
>
> Anniversary is of a very poor quality and i honestly can’t believe the extent that some people on here have gone when defending 343. All you guys do is to state how it’s ok for 343 to ship lower quality software. Worryingly MS wants or are looking into a shorter time cycle for it’s Halo products and we send a very clear message that it’s ok for them to ship shoddy work
>
>

It’s running on the ORIGINAL ENGINE.