Anniversary has big issues

Lets get this out the way. I adore Halo1 more than any game on this planet

Anniversary has issues and if you are one of the biggest kind of fans of this game ie you know your the experience inside out, well you’re going to p!$$ed

1/ I like the sound of the new assault rifle quite a bit in fact, but it’s exceptionally loud against everything else in the game. You don’t notice this right away but later on tt’s just too much that you will likely turn the volume down to a more acceptable level. The trouble then is you can’t hear any of the other sounds all that clearly. Pistol is the same really but it’s not a rattled repeated sound at least

2/ Vehicles no longer make a scraping, or it’s so quiet you wont know it’s there anyway. You do get a crash sound when a full impact is met but even that is fairly low as well. Forget the sound of Banshees crashing down onto the ground because this Halo doesnt feature this

3/ Textures while in anniversary mode pop in and out in a similar fashion to the recent game Rage. I don’t mind this one so much actually but people will be super mad about it

4/ Sound generally is very iffy. Iv’e had a few random things with voices but the one i keep getting is the Plasma charge sound activating wheneer it chooses to. Another thing about the pp is that in classic mode the green blob animation for charging isn’t present. You can still use your gun in the usual way but it sometimes looks like it’s not charging. There is no vibration either when you do charge your gun but that’s how it’s always been?

5/ While in classic mode on Assault on the control room, the mist you usually see extenting far up to the top, this has now been replaced with a dark grey mist and gives the appearance of a very low polygon volcano top. Gone is the endless cliff effect. Might not bother some but it’s a huge deal to others that like to look up at this spectacle

6/ The new anniversary Elites although cool enough, do look especially out of place where they are now. Without charm and drab too now in comparison to how iconic they used to be

7/ While in anniversary mode, the inside sections for Assault on the control room,- or at the very least the joining parts- the colour choice for these is somewhat shocking as it’s not at all in keeping with the original feel. You may get used to them but i still find them hideous and depressing locations to be in now despite playing this level 3 times already

8/ While in classic, screen flashes green when you are shot. Doesn’t happen all the time but often enough

9/ New music isn’t particularly great, and while it’s not rubbish either, it’s missing the original magic. Some very harsh errors here and there too regards to note volumes. Nice bonus to have though and you can switch it to original Marty music

10/ Cutscenes are exceptionally bad at times regarding not being at all faithful. I’m all for a different angle on those same scenes but when you’re seeing poorly realised and often over done movements that are usually way out of time as well, you cringe. Chief now nods his head yes and no in a very unsubtle way so as not to oconfuse people watching the scene. A nodding Chief was not part of the scenes i remember, and if he was, well it wasn’t to the extend his head moved in this patronisingly obvious way. 343 really needs to hold it’s head in shame over this one and it’s worrying too for Halo4. 343 don’t seem to manage subtle all that well like Bungie

Worth mentioning that the seethrough Shotgun glitch was definitely present when it went gold but there is at least a patch now for it. How about one for the agressive and deafening assault rifle sound 343

There is a lot in this package and it’s very well done for the most, but there are also so many things that should have been much better and fixed

One really great thing i can however say is there isn’t any screen tear and slowdown outside of frame skipping

The game definitely stinks of being rushed. A couple of weeks testing would have surely helped out a little

Anyway i feel i’m qualified to offer my opinion that this is definitely not fan service in any way, certainly not those that want a pure xbox1 Halo1 experience because the old version included isn’t that version i play and know so well

This should serve as a warning to people expecting great things from Halo4. Yes this was a quick product etc but they got such a lot of things wrong

And even though I only noticed one or two of these issues, I had no problem with them. No offense but the whole Assault Rifle thing is just being picky…

And after reading the rest of your post I know you’re just being picky. Halo Anniversary may have a couple of problems but it’s still a great video game, putting it down like this just shows me that you really haven’t played the core of this game as I have. I’ve noticed a few problems but am I bothered about them? No.

Because the game makes up for it in so many other ways, the rich new plot for the Guilty Spark terminals, as well as the art in said terminals is brilliant. The multiplayer maps are a breath of fresh air on the bland and uninteresting maps that Reach was shipped with.

So what if the Assault Rifle is a “little loud” I didn’t notice that. I didn’t notice that at all. I had played CE Classic prior to playing this game to give my full and honest opinion on it and they sounded the exact same. Most of the “problems” you have noted are in the original too…

And come on…the game is running two engines at the exact same time, you don’t think there are going to be a couple of glitches here and there?

My advice to you folks out there is to ignore this utter tosh and try the game for yourself, don’t listen to so called reviewers, judge on what you think of the game.
If you’re still unsure, just rent it. But I give you my personal guarantee that this game is not only worth $40, it is also a bloody bargain.

> And even though I only noticed one or two of these issues, I had no problem with them. No offense but the whole Assault Rifle thing is just being picky…

it is too loud though in relation to other sounds and what it should be

1. In my personal experience on Halo PC and Halo CE on console, the Assault Rifle has ALWAYS been extremely loud, the pistol, not so much.

2. Scraping?

3. I’m not fully understanding what you are saying.

4. The engine hasn’t been touched, what you are seeing happened in Halo CE as well if it is in Classic Mode.

5. No comment.

6. I see nothing wrong with the Elites, they have simply been updated to show what they would have looked like 10 Years Ago if they had the technology.

7. Refer to above, its all about making the game look like what it should have done 10 years ago.

8. Refer to 4.

9. Answered your own question, you can always playing in Classic music.

10. Refer to 6 and 7.

So the Shotgun bug got patched in the day one patch, sweet.

Have you also tried installing the game to your Hard Drive, it tends to make games run a lot smoother these days.

As i said in an earlier post, dont go bagging on the game because of a couple of flaws. It seems people want a perfect game… well no offense but Halo: CE aint perfect, and therefor neither is its remake

I think this topic will be missed on some you. It’s great that some of you don’t think these things as problems but plently will

I’m starting to think this whole classic version is based on the pc version then. On xbox that assault rifle much less of a sound. I’m guessing the majority of those that played Halo1 bought it on xbox, so an assumption is surely this is the version they would used. I didn’t even know there were such differences as mentioned here

Scraping sound is when the vehicle hits into things and produces a sound to signify that- it’s not there in this version

> As i said in an earlier post, dont go bagging on the game because of a couple of flaws. It seems people want a perfect game… well no offense but Halo: CE aint perfect, and therefor neither is its remake

Um but this is the thing, those points mentioned aren’t at all a problem in the xbox version, so i’m not quite sure what that is you’re saying

> I think this topic will be missed on some you. It’s great that some of you don’t think these things as problems but plently will
>
> I’m starting to think this whole classic version is based on the pc version then. On xbox that assault rifle much less of a sound. I’m guessing the majority of those that played Halo1 bought it on xbox, so an assumption is surely this is the version they would used. I didn’t even know there were such differences as mentioned here
>
> Scraping sound is when the vehicle hits into things and produces a sound to signify that- it’s not there in this version

Have you installed Halo CEA to your Hard Drive as I suggested?

First, Install it on your HD, all issues will then be fixed. Second CEA is based off the ORIGINAL code, to have based it off the PC code they would of had to port it. Finally the Assault rifle has ALWAYS been crazy loud. How about playing the original game for a bit? Or perhaps get use to current HD sound technology

> First, Install it on your HD, all issues will then be fixed. Second CEA is based off the ORIGINAL code, to have based it off the PC code they would of had to port it. Finally the Assault rifle has ALWAYS been crazy loud. How about playing the original game for a bit? Or perhaps get use to current HD sound technology

I think we have the answer. Halo anniversary classic is based off Halo ce and as such has these differences. The fog difference for Assault on the Control room is alarmingly bad when you see the original xbox version. The thing is, there’s surely more xbox owners of this game so why port the pc version

Already installed to hd for best performance

And to be honest, coming from playing the xbox version for as long as i have, i really don’t think i can embrace this version. People can have their opinion about volume being fine to them etc but nah it’s definitely annoying to hear it this way for someone that knows the original so well. Sounding too loud wont have anything to do with hd technology, it’s just very loud in comparison to the other sounds

it’s worth noting that they had a strict time limit on making this game, so don’t get pi$$ed at 343 about it

> it’s worth noting that they had a strict time limit on making this game, so don’t get pi$$ed at 343 about it

Blame Microsoft? Yeah but they saved Halo… Halo would never have been this big if Bungie wasn’t purchased

> > it’s worth noting that they had a strict time limit on making this game, so don’t get pi$$ed at 343 about it
>
> Blame Microsoft? Yeah but they saved Halo… Halo would never have been this big if Bungie wasn’t purchased

i have no idea what you are trying to say, i never mentioned Microsoft

> > > it’s worth noting that they had a strict time limit on making this game, so don’t get pi$$ed at 343 about it
> >
> > Blame Microsoft? Yeah but they saved Halo… Halo would never have been this big if Bungie wasn’t purchased
>
> i have no idea what you are trying to say, i never mentioned Microsoft

Microsoft gives the time constraints etc, so i assumed you meant them?

> > > > it’s worth noting that they had a strict time limit on making this game, so don’t get pi$$ed at 343 about it
> > >
> > > Blame Microsoft? Yeah but they saved Halo… Halo would never have been this big if Bungie wasn’t purchased
> >
> > i have no idea what you are trying to say, i never mentioned Microsoft
>
> Microsoft gives the time constraints etc, so i assumed you meant them?

the time limit is because they want to release it exactly 10 years after halo CE,
I’m pretty sure 343 put the limit on themselves

> > > > > it’s worth noting that they had a strict time limit on making this game, so don’t get pi$$ed at 343 about it
> > > >
> > > > Blame Microsoft? Yeah but they saved Halo… Halo would never have been this big if Bungie wasn’t purchased
> > >
> > > i have no idea what you are trying to say, i never mentioned Microsoft
> >
> > Microsoft gives the time constraints etc, so i assumed you meant them?
>
> the time limit is because they want to release it exactly 10 years after halo CE,
> I’m pretty sure 343 put the limit on themselves

Ohhhh! Now i get you! lol, yeah they were really looking to make a good introduction to the Halo community. I Cant wait for CEA!! Im picking it up tommorow! W00T!

OP is being so picky about this. If it’s not EXACTLY what he wants, he gets mad.

The sound is iffy, eh? I’d like to know how you listen to CEA to get the iffy sound.

> OP is being so picky about this. If it’s not EXACTLY what he wants, he gets mad.

People like him will never be satisfied, Not in halo, not in life either. What a sad existence

> OP is being so picky about this. If it’s not EXACTLY what he wants, he gets mad.

Hmm considering i wont be the only one thinking exactly these things, i’m happy to be mad. Mind you it’s not like i can’t play this version, but rather it’s a shame they didn’t put more thought into some of the design choices

I’ll play the original if i really want that pure and better experience, but this version oould have been something really special and that’s a shame ay least. At least i can play coop once more and online to boot. Skulls too etc make it a great package but one that is spoiled somewhat too