Anime Influence?

So, just curious here, is anyone else seeing a bit of anime influence in Halo 4’s designs? I was sort of seeing it here and there, but when I saw the new UNSC logo, I couldn’t help but feel the anime influence.

I’m not saying this is a bad thing or a good thing, but am I alone in my observations?

I think Cortana looks really good too :wink:

[deleted]

> I think Cortana looks really good too :wink:

Strangely, I’ve felt less of an anime influence on her. To me, from what I’ve seen, she looks more like a normal woman, were as she use to have very exaggerated proportions, especially in Halo 3 (dem legs!).

I personally haven’t seen an anime feel, but the new pelicans look very Russian

> Can you elaborate on what you mean? Do you mean artistically?
>
> I’m not big on anime, but I’ll get my friends to have a look.

Mostly, I mean artistically. It’s really hard for me to describe, but as an avid anime watcher and manga reader, I just see a bit of anime influence on the art direction of Halo 4.

As an example: the Chief’s armor looks like it took some direction from mecha designs. It’s subtle, but there.

> I personally haven’t seen an anime feel, but the new pelicans look very Russian

Russian? How so?

> So, just curious here, is anyone else seeing a bit of anime influence in Halo 4’s designs? I was sort of seeing it here and there, but when I saw the new UNSC logo, I couldn’t help but feel the anime influence.
>
> I’m not saying this is a bad thing or a good thing, but am I alone in my observations?

I agree with you lol. I was going to make a thread but i knew everyone would shout OMG a japanese girl pushing her anime influences on halo LETS BURN HER !!

But in all seriousness I LOVE the new art direction for halo 4. its not wannabe or try hard at all. It seems very subtle yet something else DX im bad at describing… but i really like how its shaping up. I want to see more armor variants !

> > Can you elaborate on what you mean? Do you mean artistically?
> >
> > I’m not big on anime, but I’ll get my friends to have a look.
>
> Mostly, I mean artistically. It’s really hard for me to describe, but as an avid anime watcher and manga reader, I just see a bit of anime influence on the art direction of Halo 4.
>
> As an example: the Chief’s armor looks like it took some direction from mecha designs. It’s subtle, but there.

Looks fine to me as long as they don’t put Asian women with giant -Yoink-, anime influenced animations (If you know what I mean I don’t know but it just doesn’t seem normal… at least from a non-Asian perspective), and their expressions/behavior.
Also some of Chief’s first incarnations seemed to have some manga influences.

> > I personally haven’t seen an anime feel, but the new pelicans look very Russian
>
> Russian? How so?

From what I’ve seen, the Pelican’s cockpits are more rounded (instead of angled like in the other Halo’s. The rounded design is more favored by Russian Choppers.

At least that’s what I was told.

Yeah, was going to say that Chief looks like he has taken some influence from anime.

If you take a step back, you could almost imagine it being manga art…

I don’t see it.

Can I have a link to this logo?

> I personally haven’t seen an anime feel, but the new pelicans look very Russian

To be fair how do you define Russian in 2552?

Sure the Pelicans could have been built by people descended from Russians but those same people could also have American descendants so . . .

> > > Can you elaborate on what you mean? Do you mean artistically?
> > >
> > > I’m not big on anime, but I’ll get my friends to have a look.
> >
> > Mostly, I mean artistically. It’s really hard for me to describe, but as an avid anime watcher and manga reader, I just see a bit of anime influence on the art direction of Halo 4.
> >
> > As an example: the Chief’s armor looks like it took some direction from mecha designs. It’s subtle, but there.
>
> Looks fine to me as long as they don’t put Asian women with giant Yoink!, anime influenced animations (If you know what I mean I don’t know but it just doesn’t seem normal… at least from a non-Asian perspective), and their expressions/behavior.
> Also some of Chief’s first incarnations seemed to have some manga influences.

There is an undeniable anime/manga influence on the whole of the Halo series. Bungie has admitted to this on more than one occasion, and it’s even mentioned in at least 1 of the art books.

However, when I saw the new UNSC logo, it just screamed anime to me. Can’t tell you when exactly, but that’s how I feel. Like I said, not a bad thing really, just…different.

I’ve watched A lot of anime. I don’t see the similarities.

> Can I have a link to this logo?

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/image.axd?picture=2012%2F5%2F16%2FHalo4_Simple_LE_RGB_NoRating.jpg

The new UNSC logo featured on the Halo 4 Limited Edition packaging.

> I’ve watched A lot of anime. I don’t see the similarities.

Well, to each their own. As I’ve seen in this thread, some people see a larger anime influence, and some do not.

I believe there are people who worked on Metroid Prime working on Halo 4. That may explain the anime feel.

I have noticed a few anime-like influences when it came to the design of the Master Chief, the logo and a few other things, but it isn’t enough to scream out “this is anime!”.

Either way, anime influences or not, everything looks amazing!