Angry Beta Feedback

Played the beta for a couple of seconds did not like it one -Yoink!- bit because to me 343 has just re-skinned a Call of Duty to make it look like Halo.

There should be not red dot sight things there should be some what slow deaths because when i was playing it i died before i could move a couple of times so goodbye to shields not to mention the sprinting when i could move moved my -Yoink!- screen around like i was shaking my head about.

The thrusters are also weak so there is no point in using those and the control scheme is just stupid so tbh 343 unless things CHANGE! alot you have lost one of your fans and knowing my mates if they play the Halo 5 beta you will lose 5 more.

i’ve posted this a few times but here some of my halo 5 beta feedback.

FLINCH

Why is there still flinch? Weren’t you guys explicit when you said flinch is out, de scope is in? instead we now have BOTH which is not only limited, but shows a lack of honesty on 343 part.

DESCOPE

Yes we wanted this back, Yes it IS back BUT. now there is a delay on when you can scope back in, the sniper rifle already has a horrible scope time, and furthermore since a single bullet from the ar, which is now a PINPOINT accurate weapon will de scope enjoy getting kicked out of scope the second your in it now.

RECOIL

Why were recoil mechanics added to ALL guns? Did the scientifically enhance super soldiers wearing 1000 pound power armour skip on arm day, and if these weapons recoil for them, they must be IMPOSSIBLE for a non augmented soldier to fire right?

SMARTLINK SCOPE

“Its not ads” Except it IS ads, especially on the ar, which is now a valid threat at all ranges,it’s a starting weapon which is s’posed to be a weapon that will work until you come to a better weapon, right now it is a jack of all trade, master of none, it presents far to good of a threat against all other weapons, including the sniper rifle (giving the pinpoint accuracy and ability to descope on one shot)

NETCODE

The net code for the beta is horrendous, i mean, seriously, it makes battlefield 4 look good, i should not get hit by a single ar shot, and suddenly die in .2 seconds later, Halo has always been a game where skill prevail, where even if you get shot you CAN turn around and present a valid threat to your attacker, right now, you might as well start thinking about your next move if you get shot first, cause you will die.

KILLTIMES

Is it just me, or are kill time SIGNIFICANTLY faster then even halo 4(which had the fastest kill of all halo) this is NOT a good thing, halo has always been fast pace action, but slower pace combat, where combat takes several seconds to complete with non power weapons, this made power weapons all the more important for their ability to instantly kill, it also allowed skills to prevail over reflex, which set it aside from other shooters. While not 100% accurate, i have always classified halo (and other FPS) into two types, Twitch shooters (where first shooter generally win and twitchy caffeine drugged sugar excited children have the advantage) and skill shooters (where a player skill will allow them to overcome all obstacles) halo 5 FEELS like a twitch shooter, and not a skill shooter.

SMART SCOPE +PRECISION WEAPONS

Ok got smart scope out of the way, this is feedback numeral 2, smart scope on precision weapons. Namely the visual obscurity that happens when scope on precision weapons (ala the DMR) and the time to scope on the sniper rifle, the sniper rifle should not take a half a second to scope in, this makes a logical sense if it was a “ADS” first person shooter where they need to bring the scope to the shooter eye, but it’s not its the so called smart scope which is the camera linked to the spartan HUD, when we press the button, the change over should be instant.

HIT MARKERS

Now i asked this back in halo 4, but what is the point of visual hit markers? What purpose does a hit marker serve? Seriously 343 can you answer that? a player should know when they score a hit with a gun, i mean they had to aim the gun at the player and pull the trigger,didn’t they? the ONLY thing i see hit markers doing, is turning explosives into a echo location device ? Allowing you to throw it around blind corners, wait for the explosion and if you get a hit marker, it means there is a enemy behind that corner. I simply don’t understand the fascination with hit markers in this generation of games, and i find they make no sense logically, canonically, and game play wise.

SEARCH TIMES

Game search times are WAY to long 'Nuff said.

LOCKED INTO SEARCH MENU

At no time should a game lock you into the search for player menu, until a game is finalized with two even players, players should be able to back out of that menu.

KICK TO MENU

There are several annoying “kick to menu” errors while searching for a game.

FRIENDLY FIRE

This needs to be enabled, friendly fire has been a staple and game play influence feature since halo 1. It significantly impacts the way halo is played because of the risks associated with mindless grenade spam, and shooting. It needs to come back, do NOT i say again DO NOT continue to hold player hands by giving them no FF, and other noob friendly design as game play decisions.

WEAPON PICKUP DIAGRAMS

Please return weapon pickup diagrams, so we now what weapon we are picking up at a glance, instead of having to read a sentence to find out, already had it where i picked up the WRONG weapon from a enemy kill (he dropped Prophets bane, and a BR, i ran over the sword to get it and ended up getting his stupid br instead)

Well damn you have certainty put that a lot better than i have and if 343 read this then they should listen to you because that is pretty much my problems plus more

I’m not sure if it’s a glitch or what, but I haven’t been given any of the unlocked armor for the beta. I’ve watched and enjoyed all nightfall. So I should have the body and Helmet for that. But I don’t. And not do I have the scared armor for the achivement. Please help. I have tried to restart the game and xbox. Nothing worked. I’ve gone back and watched them twice. Nothing is helping me… Please… 343?

Just give me a working halo 2 and im.sorted